Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• One of the abandonware I'm very sad of. 🥴

• Nice for free. Thanks.

• @Gratouilli said:
    One of the abandonware I'm very sad of. 🥴

Abandonware is such a sad word :(

• thanks been meaning to pick this up

• Thanks for the heads up.
    Arturia has entrusted the porting of its plugins to iOS to various programmers.
    iSEM has been updated AUv3 and recently some bugs have been fixed, other ports such as iMini, iProphet and this one here unfortunately have not had the same treatment so far.
    But it cannot be excluded that this will not happen in the future.

• It works in AUM and standalone.

Thank you @topaz

• If only Arturia plays seriously... I would like to buy their collection in a blink of an eye. So much quality there.

• Pick it up and stick it on an old device :)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Pick it up and stick it on an old device :)

it runs nicely on 'New' devices too... It does not need much of an update...

Grab it y'all..

• And the store is back online.... was offline some time ago. Nice..

• edited March 2020

Great app!
    It even supports in-app sampling, MIDI Clock Master/Slave sync and full support for the Spark LE MIDI controller.
    A fun machine, mainly geared to drums and monophonic bass and melody lines.

• Thanks, @topaz ! :wink:

@Faland said:
    Arturia has entrusted the porting of its plugins to iOS to various programmers.

:disappointed: That's really sad. Most of these outsorcing cases ends up becoming abandonware-ish. I think these are mainly issues regarding contracts.

• I wish they would make the IAPs free as well...

• Just downloaded it. It has a few quirks but overall I think its pretty solid. Better sample importing via document browser but you can just copy a sample from Audioshare and paste it in a pad.

I think I could get a few drum beats done quickly and export out to something else.

• @gusgranite said:
    I wish they would make the IAPs free as well...

Yeah, wary of buying any IAPs when the future of the app is so uncertain (hasn’t been updated in 3 years, and could potentially break anytime with an iOS update).

I do appreciate the gesture of making this free though, and I love iSEM so I will definitely check this one out.

• @busker said:

@gusgranite said:
    I wish they would make the IAPs free as well...

Yeah, wary of buying any IAPs when the future of the app is so uncertain (hasn’t been updated in 3 years, and could potentially break anytime with an iOS update).

I do appreciate the gesture of making this free though, and I love iSEM so I will definitely check this one out.

Sorry, my email sounded really ungrateful... This is a steal of an app for free! I have just always been curious about the IAPs and they have never been on sale to my knowledge. 🙂

• @gusgranite said:
    Sorry, my email sounded really ungrateful... This is a steal of an app for free!

Indeed... just had a go and it’s really great. I Lots of nice kits included, plus the ability to load your own samples, so IAPs not really required.

Thanks Arturia!

• Yea 3 years since last update, for free I’m not complaining. I like the sequencer set up.

• I just got it, will check out shortly, but thanks for posting! I was about to put my beatstep up for sale because I don’t use it as much as I thought I would, but this looks like it might pair nicely with it due to the pad layout.

• I think it's an under-rated bit of lovely.

As regards the IAPs, many are good. Particularly like the Buddah kit from the Hip Hop Fragment 2 bank.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    As regards the IAPs, many are good. Particularly like the Buddah kit from the Hip Hop Fragment 2 bank.

I hope you are not TOO attached to that one.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I hope you are not TOO attached to that one.

Softball duly hit out of imaginary park :)

• Works great with the beatstep, just had to make a preset to assign pads starting with c3

• edited March 2020

Aside from the tasty sounds, and very smart sequencer, this is one of those apps that exports “perfect” loops, useful for feeding JammPro, Rotor, Blocs Wave etc.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Aside from the tasty sounds, and very smart sequencer, this is one of those apps that exports “perfect” loops, useful for feeding JammPro, Rotor, Blocs Wave etc.

Just spent a satisfying hour fiddling with this and (of course) you're right about the perfect loops. However, can you (or any kind soul) point me to how one can copy/export entire songs (and it does have a BIG song section, I just can't see the obvious 'out' button....).

• This thing is great! 👍 Some really nice factory patterns + sounds.. never mind all the other goodies I have yet to play around with.. works well on the latest iOS too.. no issues yet..
    If you’re a non-drummer OR can’t/won’t program drums, grab this just for some of the pre-programmed grooves.. should inspire a tune or two.. I like it! Thank you Arturia..

• Round robin. Rare feature. Also in audiolayer