Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your favorite delay app?

12346»

Comments

• @Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:
    What delay is good for vocals specifically?

If you wanted to keep the vocals very clean sounding, it's hard to beat tfx echo.

Just got it on your recommendation! :)

Pretty sure you will like it!

It sounds good on my admittedly limited voice 😂

Actually it didn’t take much fine tuning at all which usually isn’t the case with a lot of presets , and I
    didn’t hear any weird artifacts, so that’s a definite plus. I was originally gonna go with Bleass delay but this fit better for what I needed!

Was gonna ask how the Bleass compression is but I’ll ask in an appropriate thread lol

This is a REALLY clean delay, perfect when that's what you need, dirt cheap and easy to dial in

I saw the demo you did on your YT channel. It was with guitar and I agree with you, it was super clean. Is there any other delay that is clean like that? I will probably buy it, but I always feel like a compulsive buyer when I buy my 12, 13 or 47 delay app :)

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

If you wanted to keep the vocals very clean sounding, it's hard to beat tfx echo.

Actually it didn’t take much fine tuning at all which usually isn’t the case with a lot of presets , and I
    didn’t hear any weird artifacts, so that’s a definite plus. I was originally gonna go with Bleass delay but this fit better for what I needed!

Was gonna ask how the Bleass compression is but I’ll ask in an appropriate thread lol

This is a REALLY clean delay, perfect when that's what you need, dirt cheap and easy to dial in

I saw the demo you did on your YT channel. It was with guitar and I agree with you, it was super clean. Is there any other delay that is clean like that? I will probably buy it, but I always feel like a compulsive buyer when I buy my 12, 13 or 47 delay app :)

I don't remember having come across anything else as clean.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    With ODC, can we modify each repeated notes with defferents setting?

Example: I put 6 tap for 6 repeated notes but note 1 will be pitch shifted by 1 oct up, note 2, pitch shifted by 1 oct down, note 3 will have a filter, etc?

It doesn’t look like it.

• @Gravitas said:

@Stochastically said:
    A few years ago there was a simple free delay called DL01 and what I found it useful for was to create very realistic 3D depth for instrument layers by setting a right and left delay in tiny increments. I could have one instrument be close and then another be like it’s a bit further back in space, etc.
    Then suddenly poof it was gone when I updated iOS and it’s no longer available.
    I’ve tried recreating the same effect with other delays without the same ease and success but it must be possible.

I had the same delay app.
    I put together something similar in dRambo
    at the time it disappeared because of DL01's simplicity.
    It shouldn't be too difficult to recreate it again.

The only thing dRambo cannot do
    in this regards is the 1ms delay of DL01.
    I've just had a look.

I think this is what the Blue Mangoo Stereo Lag app does. It measures it in samples at very low values, and switches to milliseconds for higher values. I think it’s free, too, or it was when I got it.

• @Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

Are the other FX apps from the same developer just as good?

• @Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

No, the reverb is OK but nothing special, the other one, the chorus and flanger, forget the name, is also not very interesting to me. Bleass Chorus and Flanger are a lot more interesting.

• @Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

No, the reverb is OK but nothing special, the other one, the chorus and flanger, forget the name, is also not very interesting to me. Bleass Chorus and Flanger are a lot more interesting.

Roger that! How about the compressor? That one, Bleass, or should I go for a different one? I like rough rider on drums but I’m not liking it on vocals

• @Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

Roger that! How about the compressor? That one, Bleass, or should I go for a different one? I like rough rider on drums but I’m not liking it on vocals

I really like Smoov and Schlap compressors.

• @Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

Best ask @richardyot about his view on the best compressor for vocals

• @HotStrange said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

I really like Smoov and Schlap compressors.

I were glad I bought these. For appearence etc ( plus obviously the functionality ) and because seperate apps.

but already owned Toneboosters. Which were just as transparent.

• @Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

For vocals my current favourite compressor is the LA2 that comes with Mixbox. Failing that DDMF MagicDeathEye would be my next choice.

• @richardyot said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

For vocals my current favourite compressor is the LA2 that comes with Mixbox. Failing that DDMF MagicDeathEye would be my next choice.

What's medusa like on vocals Richard? I really love that app but have only used it on synths etc

• @Gavinski said:
    What's medusa like on vocals Richard? I really love that app but have only used it on synths etc

I don't own Medusa - it seemed like one too many compressor apps for me :)

• @richardyot said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

$24.99 🤯 That’s more than any of the synths I have … how much better is it?

For a budget of $10 and under , what would you recommend? Or is the difference that great?

If it makes a difference, I’m recording in GarageBand on my phone . I have slowly but surely “replaced “ all of the stock instruments with better options but when it comes to FX and other non-instrument AU plugins, this is where I get a bit anxious

• @Fear2Stop said:

For a budget of $10 and under , what would you recommend? Or is the difference that great?

If it makes a difference, I’m recording in GarageBand on my phone . I have slowly but surely “replaced “ all of the stock instruments with better options but when it comes to FX and other non-instrument AU plugins, this is where I get a bit anxious

Those compressors have a distinct character, but if you want something cheaper and more transparent then you can try the Blue Mangoo compressor:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/binaural-location/id1467711076

• And don’t forget the RedRock Sound compressors, great thing is that you can demo them before you buy:
    https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/comp-609/id1514569444
    https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/rrs-cl1/id1639305828

• edited February 2023

This was the first delay i used on my noisy computer and now many years later i am happy with Dubstation on iOS :)

• @richardyot said:

@Fear2Stop said:

Those compressors have a distinct character, but if you want something cheaper and more transparent then you can try the Blue Mangoo compressor:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/binaural-location/id1467711076

The description and reviews sound really enticing…I have the demos @Slush mentioned..gonna try those and see how they are but leaning towards this one.

I’m glad I asked cause I almost just got the one from Bleass and called it a day…but some voice in my head warned me not to.

• @bygjohn said:

@Gravitas said:

@Stochastically said:
    A few years ago there was a simple free delay called DL01 and what I found it useful for was to create very realistic 3D depth for instrument layers by setting a right and left delay in tiny increments. I could have one instrument be close and then another be like it’s a bit further back in space, etc.
    Then suddenly poof it was gone when I updated iOS and it’s no longer available.
    I’ve tried recreating the same effect with other delays without the same ease and success but it must be possible.

I had the same delay app.
    I put together something similar in dRambo
    at the time it disappeared because of DL01's simplicity.
    It shouldn't be too difficult to recreate it again.

The only thing dRambo cannot do
    in this regards is the 1ms delay of DL01.
    I've just had a look.

I think this is what the Blue Mangoo Stereo Lag app does. It measures it in samples at very low values, and switches to milliseconds for higher values. I think it’s free, too, or it was when I got it.

You can get less than 10ms in dRambo but you do have to use another module or two.

I’ll have a look at Stereo Lag, thanks for the reminder.

• ChowMatrix is free and top-notch.