Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: How much do you spend a week on takeaway coffee?

2»

Comments

• Usually, I spend zero. I just do my own French Press as it takes up little room. Rarely, if I’m driving toward the ocean or something, I’ll stop at a typical Pacific NW US style coffee shack and get Americano. I’m in walking distance of a few of these and don’t usually go unless I’m traveling.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • £0 cause coffee makes me feel like the bad end of a coke party

• I make my own coffee cups and I made a coffee pot out of an old paint can.

• fav coffee date right now would be Elizabeth warren (no politics), I just think she would be fun to have a cup of coffee with and she's super cute! Tilda Swenson would be my second pick, however if Jennifer Aniston invited me out for a cup of Joe I would have to politely decline...

• @klownshed said:
    I have a really good grinder and an espresso machine and make better espresso at home than I can get in the local cafés.

Me too... payback in about 6 months and I'm 5 years down the road. Saved me a lot but I also stopped commuting so I'm at home for hours in the AM. Still... It takes about 5 minutes to make a huge Espresso drink, use a Thermos cup and even the cheapest Espresso Machines beat most baristas.

When I travel I pack one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/IMUSA-USA-GAU-18202-Cappuccino-Cappuccion/dp/B07L85NN3T/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=espresso+machines&qid=1583102042&sr=8-7

• @McD said:

@klownshed said:
    I have a really good grinder and an espresso machine and make better espresso at home than I can get in the local cafés.

Me too... payback in about 6 months and I'm 5 years down the road. Saved me a lot but I also stopped commuting so I'm at home for hours in the AM. Still... It takes about 5 minutes to make a huge Espresso drink, use a Thermos cup and even the cheapest Espresso Machines beat most baristas.

When I travel I pack one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/IMUSA-USA-GAU-18202-Cappuccino-Cappuccion/dp/B07L85NN3T/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=espresso+machines&qid=1583102042&sr=8-7

My home unit cost me dearly but has lasted. These <$100 units last about 6 months.
    Optional grinder improves taste for more investment. If I worked I'd probably take one of these to the office kitchen or get co-workers to pitch in on a shared unit if the company won't pay for a decent cup.

I use unsweetened chocolate and Stevie to improve the health benefits of my addiction and switched to decaf. After a while you don't notice the loss of caffein at all and sleep a lot better. Just takes time for the body to go through withdrawl. An true addict will deny that they could "live that way". You can. Many do.

• @Small_paul1976 said:
    I will have to try an aeropress. I have never heard of them.
    Pauly, thats what im talking about! How much was that set up?

The expresso machine - a was about 1K secondhand (new about 4K NZ). The grinder $80 - again secondhand, and it needed a bit of refurbishment. The main drawback with this setup is that it's big, taking up about 500mm of bench space. For a more compact version try the grinder Klownshed has, a Rancilio Rocky, and a Rancilio Silvia.
    If I had money to burn I'd buy a Decent Espresso machine. Compact and totally space age, like you can plot all the parameters of your extraction. At the moment they are around 4K landed here. One day...

• @J_B said:
    £0 cause coffee makes me feel like the bad end of a coke party

Same here, I need coffee like I need another hole in my head.

• edited March 2020

I buy beans green and in bulk and roast them myself (no way to say that without sounding like a tosser). I have a proper roaster and an espresso machine - none of this magic-push-button stuff.

Green beans are about half the price of roasted beans plus a small amount of electricity and loads of fun.

• @qryss said:
    I buy beans green in bulk and roast them myself (no way to say that without sounding like a tosser). I have a proper roaster and an espresso machine - none of this magic-push-button stuff.

Green beans are about half the price of roasted beans plus a small amount of electricity and loads of fun.

I'm thinking of trying that. What sort of roaster do you have?

• edited March 2020

Mine is an older version of this one:

https://www.roastmasters.com/behmor.html

I’ve had it for years and it’s showing no signs of problems. Mine looks to be the same internally as the one shown here but the outside is a little different.

• edited March 2020

Less than a quarter a week.

• @jolico said:
    Get a Bosch Tassimo machine.

@ecamburn said:
    $2/day for Nespresso pods, Keurig at work, Aeropress at home to fill in any necessary gaps.

Please don’t buy these machines. They’re a disaster, ecologically speaking. And — perhaps worse — they make terrible coffee.

• @mistercharlie said:

@jolico said:
    Get a Bosch Tassimo machine.

@ecamburn said:
    $2/day for Nespresso pods, Keurig at work, Aeropress at home to fill in any necessary gaps.

Please don’t buy these machines. They’re a disaster, ecologically speaking. And — perhaps worse — they make terrible coffee.

But I can make a caramel latte macchiato with just one push of a button. :smiley:

• @McD said:

>

I have one of these:

https://www.wacaco.com/collections/shop/products/nanopresso

I use it With the Barista kit (which makes all the difference; it gives you a double basket and makes something that gets quite close to a proper espresso when you dial in the grind).

• Thanks for all the replies everyone.
    Lots of great options out there to think about.
    Just bought the first coffee of the week...

• @klownshed said:

@McD said:

>

I have one of these:

https://www.wacaco.com/collections/shop/products/nanopresso

I use it With the Barista kit (which makes all the difference; it gives you a double basket and makes something that gets quite close to a proper espresso when you dial in the grind).

Dial in the Grind.

I'm pretty sure you can always find a song title in AB threads somewhere...

• @jolico

But I can make a caramel latte macchiato with just one push of a button. :smiley:

I use Barkfilter on all my coffees, it’s like a little espresso shot.

• edited March 2020

@NoiseHorse said:
    @jolico

I use Barkfilter on all my coffees, it’s like a little espresso shot.

Remember to use the “Tripleband” preset and adjust the input. :lol:

• £0 on take away because I find that coffee waaay too strong. Home brew Lavazza red in an Italian mocha sets me back some £2/week.

I guess that makes me a cheapskate :D

• Most of the year, I spend maybe $10/month. That goes up significantly once Starbucks introduces their holiday lineup.

• Barely anything. I can rarely drink coffee but prefer tea, almost 35 and coffee makes my heart hurt

• Usually 1 per workday, about 5 per week.

The cheap version is 1,29 Euro, which is my standard.
    The better one at 3,20 Euro.... about once per week and pay 3,50 with tip.

So, about 8,66 per week 😜