Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: How much do you spend a week on takeaway coffee?

I spend £10 a week at least on takeaway coffee.
This is only on one morning cup every day and maybe two cups on an afternoon.
There must be people who buy a few cups daily who spend a small fortune.
The crazy thing is that when a new app comes out, i spend hours researching it before splashing a similar amount!

Comments

• @Small_paul1976 said:
    I spend £10 a week at least on takeaway coffee.
    This is only on one morning cup every day and maybe two cups on an afternoon.
    There must be people who buy a few cups daily who spend a small fortune.
    The crazy thing is that when a new app comes out, i spend hours researching it before splashing a similar amount!

Ha. Same here on the researching stuff. Hours of research for a £5 app but I’ll spend a fiver on a load of tat at the local off-licence.

• Its mad isnt it. Although i do get a buzz out of researching a new app on youtube☺

• zero pence, make one in a travel cup before leaving the house

• @Paul16 said:
    zero pence, make one in a travel cup before leaving the house

That’s the correct answer :) Save (1) the planet (2) your money for apps

• Get a Bosch Tassimo machine.

Also, I read somewhere that you shouldn’t mix while buzzing on coffee, because it changes the frequency curve of your hearing.

• ya but coffee is coffee ,its a temporary drink, its fuel, we know this going in...it’s not going to frustrate you as much if it’s not that great of a single cup... one cup a coffee a couple bucks...
    a 10$ app that isn’t auv3, is a memory hog, is taking up valuable space in you’r your memory, constant crashes , etc is def going to anger you in totally different ways, the 10$ apps add up a lot faster than the 2$ drinks

• I can never ever get a decent coffee made at home.
    I have only tried filter coffee though to be fair.
    For a decent strong black coffee im sure you need a machine that grinds the beans and they cost a fortune.

• @Small_paul1976 said:
    I can never ever get a decent coffee made at home.
    I have only tried filter coffee though to be fair.
    For a decent strong black coffee im sure you need a machine that grinds the beans and they cost a fortune.

good beans and a french press that’s all you need

• The current routine is rarely purchase coffee from coffee shops, $2/day for Nespresso pods, Keurig at work, Aeropress at home to fill in any necessary gaps.

• Nothing. I can’t think of a bigger waste of money when I would prefer to buy apps. Each to their own though. I’m sure many would think the same to my vast range of carp rigs I spend money on just for the fun of it :)

• ReasOne, i have a french press but can never achieve that cream froth on the top like you get from a proper machine!

• My estimate is $5 a week plus occasional $10 airport splurges in Nero/Costa and Startbies.
    Im mostly homebrew and Keurig at work. Thanks for the headsup on Aeropress.

My tip is that I recently in a coffee depleted state I bought beans instead of powder and then after frantic research realised that I could grind using my NutriNinja which I usually just use to make smoothies. Hurrah!

• edited March 2020

I like ‘proper’ Italian espresso. It’s not easy to get that in the coffe shops or cafés where I live in the UK so I spend £0 on takeaway coffee.

I have a really good grinder and an espresso machine and make better espresso at home than I can get in the local cafés. There are some trendy ones where they make Good coffe for those that prefer the more acidic lighter roasts, but not For ‘proper’ Italian espresso.

You can make really good coffee at home with a £30 hario hand grinder and a £25 aeropress. Not espresso but a pretty good longer cup. Americano style. Particularly good if you prefer lighter roasts compared to Italian style dark roasts.

Even a good old fashioned Bialetti moka pot and a bag of Lavazza will get you a half decent cup.

In my experience, most UK cafes and definitely all the chain coffee shops don’t know how to make a basic espresso. The chain coffee shops are really milk shops not coffee shops. ;-) I don’t have milk in coffee.

If I lived in Italy I’d just buy espresso in any bar. Never had a bad coffee in Italy. Much better than you can get at home without spending a fortune on machines. And it’s much cheaper there than in the UK too.

• Zero. I broke myself of that habit years ago. My stomach is much better for it too.

• Sadly more than on apps :o

• I never buy takeaway coffee. If I can’t sit down to drink in the warmth then forget it. I rather buy an app.

• Don’t drink coffee and work from home, so £0.

I do drink constant bucketloads of tea though.

• I think 🤔 about 2€ there are days when i get to manage and buy me some haha

• edited March 2020

wasted more money on apps I didn't use than coffee I didn't drink

$7 daily coffee

• Nothing I don’t like coffee, but I wouldn’t shell out these prices if I did. I don’t buy Oasis drinks either- have you seen the price of them?? £1.60 for some fruit cordial. The kids love them- any time they ask if they can have one I say- ‘of course you can! as long as you pay for it with your own money’ ..... they usually change their mind.
    I’ve started hesitating spending money on apps as well now.. but I think that is partly because I have so many now that seemed like a good idea at the time.. but I end up hardly ever using. This is particularly true since Pure Acid arrived. That’s really about all I need now along with a few others.

• I work from home and drink a 16oz Matcha Tea Latte with 4oz water, 8oz almond milk and 4oz oat milk, with a tiny bit of mango and chile sweetner. About 4 to 5 times a week. Put in a thermos and drink it slow all day.

One of my fav treats in life.

• @robosardine said:
    Nothing I don’t like coffee, but I wouldn’t shell out these prices if I did. I don’t buy Oasis drinks either- have you seen the price of them?? £1.60 for some fruit cordial. The kids love them- any time they ask if they can have one I say- ‘of course you can! as long as you pay for it with your own money’ ..... they usually change their mind.
    I’ve started hesitating spending money on apps as well now.. but I think that is partly because I have so many now that seemed like a good idea at the time.. but I end up hardly ever using. This is particularly true since Pure Acid arrived. That’s really about all I need now along with a few others.

Pure Acid is awesome

• @drez said:
    I work from home and drink a 16oz Matcha Tea Latte with 4oz water, 8oz almond milk and 4oz oat milk, with a tiny bit of mango and chile sweetner. About 4 to 5 times a week. Put in a thermos and drink it slow all day.

One of my fav treats in life.

ahh sounds good :)

• edited March 2020

Zero.

• I will have to try an aeropress. I have never heard of them.
    Pauly, thats what im talking about! How much was that set up?

• I drink about 6 coffees a day. It's part of my job 👨🏻‍🍳

• I resemble both these remarks

• Zero. I’ve never afforded this ‘sitting in a seat and drinking one cup of coffee for the same price as an entire 225g bag of ground coffee which would make me quite a number of cups at home or at work’ mentality.

• Make my own coffee, make my own cigarettes, about 15 to 25 of each per day.