Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bit Maestro - Unique AUv3 bit crusher - OUT NOW !

2»

Comments

• Superbe! Amazing ! Don't forget to put a limiter in the chain or you will have some...surprises

• @cuscolima said:
    Superbe! Amazing ! Don't forget to put a limiter in the chain or you will have some...surprises

would be great to have a limiter built in...

• Bought. Superb plugin. Definitely needs exposed parameters though. Amazing work @JamMaestro

• edited February 2020

@Synthi said:

@cuscolima said:
    Superbe! Amazing ! Don't forget to put a limiter in the chain or you will have some...surprises

would be great to have a limiter built in...

+1 for limiter

• -1 for limiter

• edited February 2020

@dreamrobe said:
    -1 for limiter

hahaha.

I did have to put a limiter in the AUM chain when I made the videos because it kept short circuiting the sound half way through the video and then all I got was silence...

Maybe it does need a hard clip limiter ... at least as an option 🤔

• edited February 2020

I'd say a Dry/Wet knob in favor of separate Dry & Wet sliders since it's easy to overdrive the output when both Dry & Wet are at 100%.

The actual 'Drive' above 100% doesn't increase the output level it just 'squashes' the signal.
    So the 'Wet' signal at 100% doesn't 'clip' even when fed with a 0db input signal but adding back the dry signal does so a wet/dry balance would really be the optimal solution here.

Ok, resonance at max can overdrive the output... but not the bit-reduction.

• @JamMaestro If you want inspiration of effects chain processing and reordering take a look at Shaper where each of its modules can be dragged to left or right of each other.

• @Samu said:
    I'd say a Dry/Wet knob in favor of separate Dry & Wet sliders since it's easy to overdrive the output when both Dry & Wet are at 100%.

The actual 'Drive' above 100% doesn't increase the output level it just 'squashes' the signal.
    So the 'Wet' signal at 100% doesn't 'clip' even when fed with a 0db input signal but adding back the dry signal does so a wet/dry balance would really be the optimal solution here.

The separate Dry and Wet controls were an integral part of the Biscuit - a single knob wouldn’t have the same effect.

• @Samu said:

The reason it has seperate sliders for wet and dry is because depending on which bits you invert it can have a massive difference on the amplitude. Imagine a signal that rarely triggers the '128' bit... now imagine that you invert it so that its almost always triggered. That is effectively doubling the amplitude of the wet signal, yet the dry signal remains the same. In this case if the wet/dry knob with set in the middle (50/50), the dry signal is being mixed back in at twice the gain so its more like (50/100). So a wet/dry ratio becomes meaningless at that point, you need to be able to control the dry levels independently. The original Biscuit also had this.

But you are right in that due to how I am treating the output signal, the wet signal should never clip (unless the res on the filter is jacked right up). So maybe it doesn't need a limiter, maybe people just need to reduce their levels more... or need a red flashing dot to warn them?

• @JamMaestro said:

@Samu said:

The reason it has seperate sliders for wet and dry is because depending on which bits you invert it can have a massive difference on the amplitude. Imagine a signal that rarely triggers the '128' bit... now imagine that you invert it so that its almost always triggered. That is effectively doubling the amplitude of the wet signal, yet the dry signal remains the same. In this case if the wet/dry knob with set in the middle (50/50), the dry signal is being mixed back in at twice the gain so its more like (50/100). So a wet/dry ratio becomes meaningless at that point, you need to be able to control the dry levels independently. The original Biscuit also had this.

But you are right in that due to how I am treating the output signal, the wet signal should never clip (unless the res on the filter is jacked right up). So maybe it doesn't need a limiter, maybe people just need to reduce their levels more... or need a red flashing dot to warn them?

An indicator for levels never goes amiss on these kinds of tools (haven't bought yet - though plan to).

• I don't know about the rest of you but I'm having a BALL with using

Digistix Scatterbrian, BitMaestro, and GlitchCore

(there's some overlap with gating using Scatterbrain and GlitchCore so be aware)

• @audiblevideo said:
    I don't know about the rest of you but I'm having a BALL with using

I'm waiting for GlitchCore! (Hope it doesn't take too long to appear in the AppStore...).

• Solid Gold Easy Action.... as Marc Bolan once said.

• Sounds great. Instant Mika vainio

• @audiblevideo said:
    I don't know about the rest of you but I'm having a BALL with using

(there's some overlap with gating using Scatterbrain and GlitchCore so be aware)

Alex just sent me a video of Bit Maestro + GlitchCore together .... sounds like they were made for each other doesn't it!!

• Alex just sent me a video of Bit Maestro + GlitchCore together .... sounds like they were made for each other doesn't it!!

Here is a similar video, delicious

• ALBALB
    edited February 2020

Is anyone having trouble finding this in AUM as an AUV? I can find it as an IAA but not AUV.

Edit: powered down and rebooted. AUV version is now there.

• Just came to say that I’m absolutely loving this app!

• I’m loving this app too! It gives me sounds I’ve never heard before, which is always good 🙂 strange problem though...the top of the interface (the part with the logo and the preset selector) has disappeared in Nanostudio 2. It was there at first, now it’s gone. Weird.

• Nice guys!

@Shabudua hmmm... well I have made the 'header' (the view with title/preset thing) slightly bigger than default view so you dont see it by default (figured you could use the host preset selector and title/info button are not essential to use).... there looks like more than enough room on that pic you posted to display it though. Unfortunately I don't have NanoStudio 2 to test it though. Maybe I'll see if I can hold of it somehow. Thanks for letting me know.

• btw - if anyone feels like leaving an App Store review I would be most appreciative! They really help boost the app in its initial launch 🙏🏻

• Loving it
    Will leave a review tonight

• Finally digging in. What a fantastic sounding app!! Never quite gelled with bit crushers /distortions, but this one has a very wide sonic range which I think will appeal to many. Also excellent functionality, gui, and intuitive.
    Well done @JamMaestro and thanks!!

• @hibjshop said:
    Finally digging in. What a fantastic sounding app!! Never quite gelled with bit crushers /distortions, but this one has a very wide sonic range which I think will appeal to many. Also excellent functionality, gui, and intuitive.
    Well done @JamMaestro and thanks!!

Appreciate the comments @hibjshop ! Cheers :smile: