Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TGIF.....

2»

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:
    I recorded a crazy drone jam with Mononoke and Factory last night. Today I’ll import it into Live on the desktop, and attempt to make something weird with it.

Was their wine too?

• @Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@NoiseHorse said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Judging by all this TGIF stuff, people really don't seem to like their jobs :D

The job's ok....but Friday...BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER oh and family too :D

“Honeyyyy get me a cold one????”

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    I'm planning to get down and dirty with some Hardcore Punk...

Sorry Andy, I’ve got a date with a woman this evening, but give us a call tomorrow and I’ll see if I can fit you in. Hmmm. Maybe I should rephrase that last part. :)

:D :D :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgw32jhj9vyhg5w/Big Boy.wav?dl=0 :)

LMFAO

• @kinkujin said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I recorded a crazy drone jam with Mononoke and Factory last night. Today I’ll import it into Live on the desktop, and attempt to make something weird with it.

Was their wine too?

Absolutely!

I haven’t worked on that one yet, I attempted a few vocal takes on one of my unfinished Hawkwindalike Horse Gas tracks instead. Diving back in again now...

• This ended up as the result of my weekend dabblings - vocals are a bit Poundshop Thom, but aside from that I'm happy with it:

• Love this! Excellent groove and love all the movement from all angles. I dig the vocals too. Dunno what Poundshop Thom means but whatever. Great stuff.

• I jammed out on my deck with some Output Arcade and Roli Studio in Ableton. Was a blast just getting into it for a while.

• @MonzoPro said:
    This ended up as the result of my weekend dabblings - vocals are a bit Poundshop Thom, but aside from that I'm happy with it:

Fantastic. Shoegaze-Krautrock-electroacoustic... love it!

@kinkujin said:
    Dunno what Poundshop Thom means but whatever. Great stuff.

Heh, I believe he means a cheap, low-quality version of Thom Yorke, but I think it works well here too.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@NoiseHorse said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Sorry Andy, I’ve got a date with a woman this evening, but give us a call tomorrow and I’ll see if I can fit you in. Hmmm. Maybe I should rephrase that last part. :)

LMFAO

Not really hardcore punk, and not very polished...but hey, I had fun :)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dj4nfcbu4fy85h/Big boy.mp3?dl=0

@MonzoPro Loving what you've done there :)

• @kinkujin said:
    Love this! Excellent groove and love all the movement from all angles. I dig the vocals too. Dunno what Poundshop Thom means but whatever. Great stuff.

Thank you - see below!

@aplourde said:

@MonzoPro said:
    This ended up as the result of my weekend dabblings - vocals are a bit Poundshop Thom, but aside from that I'm happy with it:

Fantastic. Shoegaze-Krautrock-electroacoustic... love it!

Heh, I believe he means a cheap, low-quality version of Thom Yorke, but I think it works well here too.

Thank you! Yeah, I don't normally do vocals as my voice is as dull as ditch water, so I had a go at singing an octave higer and it came out a bit Thom York-ish (but obviously not as good).

@AndyPlankton said:

Thanks Andy, liked yours too - though the cat gave me a funny look when it started (big boy!).

• Recently started an Instagram account to post ideas, snippets, rough jams, etc.

Slapped this together this weekend:

I was planning on recording a "real" full-length track for the YouTube channel, then this happened:

Stupid fragile technology....

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@NoiseHorse said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

LMFAO

HA! Cool man. Lyrics --- Big Boy, bastard lawyer? Sorry, i'm a notorious lyric murd-did-lee-urr-de-rer.

• edited January 2020

@kinkujin said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@NoiseHorse said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

LMFAO

HA! Cool man. Lyrics --- Big Boy, bastard lawyer? Sorry, i'm a notorious lyric murd-did-lee-urr-de-rer.

Haha :) Lyrics and Vox were provided by @Bluepunk ..... and it’s, Bastard lighter, The clicks are a broken lighter...trying to light up after :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@kinkujin said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@NoiseHorse said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

LMFAO

Haha :) Lyrics and Vox were provided by @Bluepunk ..... and it’s, Bastard lighter, The clicks are a broken lighter...trying to light up after :D

ahhhhh hehehe

• @kinkujin said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@kinkujin said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@NoiseHorse said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

LMFAO

ahhhhh hehehe

Bastard lawyer fits as well. Never got me off last year....

Hot stuff there @MonzoPro. Flavours of Asia. This should be played at exactly the same time through the PA in every Indian restaurant around the globe. Its hypnotic qualities force the eaters to stop scoffing, gently place their cutlery down, walk out into the street, look up into the sky and summon the birds. Do you remember this? Of course you do:

Hey Andy, seriously fabulous riffage. In 1982, Stiff Big Fingers released ‘That’s When Your Blood Pumps’. Yes they did.

Punk should never be polished.....Big Boy. :)

• @Bluepunk said:
    Bastard lawyer fits as well. Never got me off last year....

And the sound of a gavel instead of the lighter :D

• edited January 2020

@Bluepunk said:

Hot stuff there @MonzoPro. Flavours of Asia. This should be played at exactly the same time through the PA in every Indian restaurant around the globe. Its hypnotic qualities force the eaters to stop scoffing, gently place their cutlery down, walk out into the street, look up into the sky and summon the birds. Do you remember this? Of course you do:

Cheers Mister - exactly the effect I was aiming for, Aberdare won't know what's hit it! Yeah, big bob and vic fan here, I'm taking inspiration from this for my next one:

• @MonzoPro said:

Cool! Nice

• edited January 2020

@MonzoPro said:

Dayum Son, that sounds great! I love your sensibilities!

I pretty much screwed the pooch all weekend, loading up old tracks shifting things around, seeing how terrible my process was/likely still is and thinking about process way too much.

• edited January 2020

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

Cool! Nice

@AudioGus said:

I pretty much screwed the pooch all weekend, loading up old tracks shifting things around, seeing how terrible my process was/likely still is and thinking about process way too much.

Thanks both!

I get stuck with this project, as it's my most visible, and so I tend to fret about what I'm putting out with it, and spend far too much time tweaking and twiddling the tracks - the last one was three months ago, and that was just a silly jam.

Gus - I'd recommend having some secret/sketchbook style projects on the go. During the three months between Horse Gas tracks, I put out about ten albums via my 'experimental' projects. I've got about eight of those, and they're great as fun/mucking about recepticles for my less-than-serious endeavours.

Knowing that no-one is really paying attention to them, gives me the freedom to enjoy making noises and music for the pure fun of it, and as part of a project there's a focus for a finished item. Sometimes the results turn out better than I expected, or there are parts of a track that I'm really happy with, and they might end up as part of a more serious project.

I'm going to start a new project this weekend. I'm thinking along the lines of a dreary industrial, Sheffield electronica in the late 70's vibe. And I've got just the vocal range for that.

• @MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

Cool! Nice

@AudioGus said:

I'm going to start a new project this weekend. I'm thinking along the lines of a dreary industrial, Sheffield electronica in the late 70's vibe. And I've got just the vocal range for that.

But do you have the haircut ? :D

• edited January 2020

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

Cool! Nice

@AudioGus said:

Thanks both!

I get stuck with this project, as it's my most visible, and so I tend to fret about what I'm putting out with it, and spend far too much time tweaking and twiddling the tracks - the last one was three months ago, and that was just a silly jam.

Gus - I'd recommend having some secret/sketchbook style projects on the go.
    During the three months between Horse Gas tracks, I put out about ten albums via my 'experimental' projects. I've got abut eight of those, and they're great as fun/mucking about recepticles for my less-than-serious endeavours.

I do have many different projects on the go and am rarely inhibited as far as just making music for musics sake. ('Finishing' and posting projects for the sake of it is a whole other discussion though). Anyway, the past couple weeks, since the last Synthmaster One update, all of my BM3 projects from the past year+ essentially died (about a hundred keepers) due to the new Synthmaster One update killing automation in BM3. Never should have updated my main iPad but was trying to help with reporting other bugs and was wooed by the new expansion pack (stupid, stupid, stupid). So I have just been a bit depressed and naval gazing thinking maybe I should take advantage of this down time (permanent?) to polish off and build on previous sketches on desktop now.

I am optimistic it may get fixed (at which point I will spend a couple weekends stem exporting and backing up audio tracks big time) but I still have no real idea what the state of this specific situation is. When i see how God awful buggy Cubasis is now and even new apps like Zenbeats apparently screwing regions of their customers etc... eh... iOS? Normally I am pretty happy go lucky about this stuff but am feeling like I need to go back to a stronger foundation to avoid these sorts of stalls.

Anyway, good news is from the past two weekends I have found that I can now use desktop more physically comfortably than I could in the recent past so I will probably be heading back to my old more reliable stomping grounds with iOS mainly as audio source / groovebox etc.

Knowing that no-one is really paying attention to them, gives me the freedom to enjoy making noises and music for the pure fun of it, and as part of the project there's a focus for a finished item. Sometimes the results turn out better than I expected, or there are parts of a track that I'm really happy with, and they might end up as part of a more serious project.

Yah nothing I do is approached 'very serious' so much as with passion. I am more than content being my own audience and having a creative outlet to help balance work / life. The cherry would be putting stuff out again that I feel proud of but the production bar out there is just so high now and my sonic ambitions are super lofty. Finding that sweet spot of what I can actually make vs what I am excited enough to want to consistently post is elusive for me.

hehe, sounds wonderful and looking forward to it!

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

Cool! Nice

@AudioGus said:

I did once - years ago in my ‘Neil from the Young Ones’ phase, one half got cut off during a wild evening’s partying. I can’t remember if I did it myself, or my so-called mates made the chop, but after toying with it for a few days and the inevitable reactions, the other side took a hit to level things up a bit.

• @AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

Cool! Nice

@AudioGus said:

Thanks both!

During the three months between Horse Gas tracks, I put out about ten albums via my 'experimental' projects. I've got abut eight of those, and they're great as fun/mucking about recepticles for my less-than-serious endeavours.

I do have many different projects on the go and am rarely inhibited as far as just making music for musics sake. ('Finishing' and posting projects for the sake of it is a whole other discussion though). Anyway, the past couple weeks, since the last Synthmaster One update, all of my BM3 projects from the past year+ essentially died (about a hundred keepers) due to the new Synthmaster One update killing automation in BM3. Never should have updated my main iPad but was trying to help with reporting other bugs and was wooed by the new expansion pack (stupid, stupid, stupid). So I have just been a bit depressed and naval gazing thinking maybe I should take advantage of this down time (permanent?) to polish off and build on previous sketches on desktop now.

I am optimistic it may get fixed (at which point I will spend a couple weekends stem exporting and backing up audio tracks big time) but I still have no real idea what the state of this specific situation is. When i see how God awful buggy Cubasis is now and even new apps like Zenbeats apparently screwing regions of their customers etc... eh... iOS? Normally I am pretty happy go lucky about this stuff but am feeling like I need to go back to a stronger foundation to avoid these sorts of stalls.

Anyway, good news is from the past two weekends I have found that I can now use desktop more physically comfortably than I could in the recent past so I will probably be heading back to my old more reliable stomping grounds with iOS mainly as audio source / groovebox etc.

Knowing that no-one is really paying attention to them, gives me the freedom to enjoy making noises and music for the pure fun of it, and as part of the project there's a focus for a finished item. Sometimes the results turn out better than I expected, or there are parts of a track that I'm really happy with, and they might end up as part of a more serious project.

Yah nothing I do is approached 'very serious' so much as with passion. I am more than content being my own audience and having a creative outlet to help balance work / life. The cherry would be putting stuff out again that I feel proud of but the production bar out there is just so high now and my sonic ambitions are super lofty. Finding that sweet spot of what I can actually make vs what I am excited enough to want to consistently post is elusive for me.

Sorry to hear about the lost work. I think this is why I don’t use the iPad as a DAW. I had a series of lost projects years ago when I was using Auria. I recently revisited overdubbing with the 4pockets app, but that’s been buggy too.

I’m back to my usual workflow of iPad as sound generator/sketchpad, with audio exported to desktop.

Even on there I tend to record everything straight to an audio track. Partly due to CPU constraints, partly because I’m more comfortable editing audio, and it stops me fiddling with synth plugins endlessly.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

Cool! Nice

@AudioGus said:

I did once - years ago in my ‘Neil from the Young Ones’ phase, one half got cut off during a wild evening’s partying. I can’t remember if I did it myself, or my so-called mates made the chop, but after toying with it for a few days and the inevitable reactions, the other side took a hit to level things up a bit.

haha, swines :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

Cool! Nice

@AudioGus said:

Thanks both!

Sorry to hear about the lost work. I think this is why I don’t use the iPad as a DAW. I had a series of lost projects years ago when I was using Auria. I recently revisited overdubbing with the 4pockets app, but that’s been buggy too.

I’m back to my usual workflow of iPad as sound generator/sketchpad, with audio exported to desktop.

Even on there I tend to record everything straight to an audio track. Partly due to CPU constraints, partly because I’m more comfortable editing audio, and it stops me fiddling with synth plugins endlessly.

Sorry to hear that too! Big bummer. Lost alot of work in my own format wars awhile back and vowed to be more careful in the future. I never learn though.

I'm the same as you guys mostly. Groovebox (grooverider), Gadget, and then just instruments. Though I have recently been lulled into the "ios daw as concept" with NS2. Gotta be careful with that.

Hope you get your files back!

• @kinkujin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

Cool! Nice

@AudioGus said:

Thanks both!

Sorry to hear that too! Big bummer. Lost alot of work in my own format wars awhile back and vowed to be more careful in the future. I never learn though.

I'm the same as you guys mostly. Groovebox (grooverider), Gadget, and then just instruments. Though I have recently been lulled into the "ios daw as concept" with NS2. Gotta be careful with that.

Hope you get your files back!

Thanks! The files are there it is just that the automation in Synthmaster One no longer works. Will see how it goes.

• @aplourde said:
    Recently started an Instagram account to post ideas, snippets, rough jams, etc.

I was planning on recording a "real" full-length track for the YouTube channel, then this happened:

Nice!

• @espiegel123 said:

@aplourde said:

Nice!

Assuming you're referring to the music and not the fact that my iPad got bricked? :D

Thanks, if the former....

• @aplourde said:

@espiegel123 said:

@aplourde said:

Nice!

Assuming you're referring to the music and not the fact that my iPad got bricked? :D

Thanks, if the former....

To the music. Not the bricking. My condolences on the hardware.

• @espiegel123 said:
    To the music. Not the bricking. My condolences on the hardware.

Everything ended up fine. No idea what was going on. I was getting an error 10, which tends to point to a hardware issue. I verified my software was up-to-date, I rebooted every time, I tried multiple USB C to Lightning cables on two different computers through every port available, a USB A to Lightning cable through a hub. I turned off any software that could possibly interfere with network activity. I even created a new user account on my Mac. Nothing worked.

Went to the Apple Store and it restored just fine.

However, when I went to restore my backup I got the "A software update is required to connect to your iOS device", so clearly something wasn't up-to-date even though it wasn't showing up when I checked Software Update and the App Store.

Whatever, happy my hardware is OK, I just lost a couple of days before I could get to an Apple Store.

(and after this I updated my iPhone, which went flawlessly, so...?)