Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TGIF.....

Today, right ?

LOL

What type music making you have planned for weekend or what are you currently working on? Genre Project Type Motivation etc...

What apps or hardware will you be using?

Do you pre plan your studio or session time?

Comments

• I'm still gathering ideas for the Oz project. Trying to suss out a hardware/ios mix.
    And have been trying to spend more time with my MicroFreak. That is all.

You?

• @kinkujin said:
    I'm still gathering ideas for the Oz project. Trying to suss out a hardware/ios mix.
    And have been trying to spend more time with my MicroFreak. That is all.

You?

Ironically the MFreak mastery is part of it

Being honest I don’t know how matrix works sort of just enjoyed it as a backing sound but after the firmware and I want to also use it to play some other hardware piece.

Ironic I am trying force myself to choose either Circuit or Model Sampes for live rig.

I have a couple projects been looking at as well for building enclosure for Savanah Monitor.

• Choose the Model and send me the Circuit. :p

I started a thing in Grooverider for the Australia fire project, and it's just not seeming fitting. So save that and go back to drawing board. Then I started something cool (to my ears) on a volca bass. So I left it and will come back to it and see if it still resonates. Lather rinse repeat.

The MicroFreak is so much fun but I'm still pushing this, pushing that and going ... huh? I need to do the homework of printing the manual and digging in. I resist.

• TG indeed!

I think I am going to go through some really experimental tunes I made about eight years ago in Samplitude (some pretty messy stuff for me) using iOS/desktop and remove the layers of crud that I threw on it to pull out the gems for working on when NS2 has audio tracks or Cubasis 3 works. Maybe I will just spring for the Toneboosters EQ and Limiter vsts if I feel like the desktop thing may make a comeback for me. Anyway, this project was in the peak of my ‘weirdo surprises’ phase and I am curious if I will click back into that vibe or if the new derivatives from it will just get softened out and lose their original edge. Really would like to make that old project presentable to more than just me and my headphones,

Also thinking of experimenting with a Circuit process I started. Jeez, I wish there were global mutes on it so that you could switch sessions but keep a single channel soloed. That would help a ton.

• Off to a conference in Orlando for a few days and hanging around in airports/lonesome in hotel rooms are always good places to scribble doggerel. Am also going to drop the largely unused Launchpad mini into my carry on in the hope that it causes young women to find me mysterious at 36,000 feet.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Off to a conference in Orlando for a few days and hanging around in airports/lonesome in hotel rooms are always good places to scribble doggerel. Am also going to drop the largely unused Launchpad mini into my carry on in the hope that it causes young women to find me mysterious at 36,000 feet.

No doubt the young TSA women will swoon.

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Off to a conference in Orlando for a few days and hanging around in airports/lonesome in hotel rooms are always good places to scribble doggerel. Am also going to drop the largely unused Launchpad mini into my carry on in the hope that it causes young women to find me mysterious at 36,000 feet.

No doubt the young TSA women will swoon.

'...it puts the Launchpad in the basket...'

• Dropped this to start my Friday / inspired by the Quanta Hainbach Lab Grains Preset Bank

Next will probably be exploring some dark ambient with Mononoke so I guess it’s a premeditated session in a way. Will probably test some more with Quanta and some experimentation with some vocals

• edited January 2020

I'm planning to plug my guitar into my fairly recently aquired Zoom R8, and get down and dirty with some Hardcore Punk...
    Although I'll probably end up doing something else instead, that's what usually happens when I make a plan

Punk and Plan don't generally go together anyway LOL

• I was going to spend my free weekend time painting (dodgy back means I get out of going to a kids/friends meet-up on Saturday) , but after seeing this I’m thinking bugger it, and might make noises instead.

Workflow will most likely be a boozy iPad jam tonight, exported onto the desktop tomorrow for additional Ableton based tweaking.

• Alrighty, to make this interesting how about all thread posters are obliged to post one thing by weekends end?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Dropped this to start my Friday / inspired by the Quanta Hainbach Lab Grains Preset Bank

>

Next will probably be exploring some dark ambient with Mononoke so I guess it’s a premeditated session in a way. Will probably test some more with Quanta and some experimentation with some vocals

Wow nice Brap! Would go well in a dark park.

• Judging by all this TGIF stuff, people really don't seem to like their jobs :D

• @SevenSystems said:
    Judging by all this TGIF stuff, people really don't seem to like their jobs :D

I am predisposed to not like any job by what I believe the definition of the word to be. ;)

• Not sure I’ll have much time to get into anything major. Maybe trying to develop something with Mononoke, Pure Acid, and Bleass Sidechain. Maybe adding in Shockwave if since it sounds like it’s coming to the iPhone this weekend.

• Gonna be working some deep house music on the Roland MC-707/iOS combo. And, spinning some deep/jazzy house music at my gig on Saturday night.

• edited January 2020

Disquiet Junto, Naviar Lab Haiku and Air from Ambient Online forum. All good ‘challenges’ to keep me motivated to write and learn to use the apps I have.

• Working through the Dance Music Secrets book, which turned out to be pretty good.

And maybe, now that I know it exists, hanging out on the Ambient Online forum...

• I was recently contacted by a pretty well-known EDM producer to remix his upcoming single in a Uplifting Trance style similar to Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyk, etc. He told me my beat was a "killer groove", and he generally likes it so far. "Good direction". Little does he know I'm producing it 100% in Nanostudio 2 on the iPad. 😉 Final product will be posted in the Creations section once the single is released. Cheers.

• @SevenSystems said:

The job's ok....but Friday...BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER oh and family too :D

• @kinkujin said:
    Choose the Model and send me the Circuit. :p

I started a thing in Grooverider for the Australia fire project, and it's just not seeming fitting. So save that and go back to drawing board. Then I started something cool (to my ears) on a volca bass. So I left it and will come back to it and see if it still resonates. Lather rinse repeat.

The MicroFreak is so much fun but I'm still pushing this, pushing that and going ... huh? I need to do the homework of printing the manual and digging in. I resist.

LOL

• @cian said:
    Working through the Dance Music Secrets book, which turned out to be pretty good.

And maybe, now that I know it exists, hanging out on the Ambient Online forum...

I have this, one new comic, and an HP Lovecraft short story read.

• I’m working on some lofi type hiphop with a little more grit and heaviness than usual with video to accompany each song. I’m mainly using Koala, Grooverider, triq traq, and Takete for apps, my guitar, pss-480, a couple pocket operators for instruments, a few gigs of samples, a fender amp and a Panasonic conference tape recorder for warmth/shit, and cannabis and liquid light shows on YouTube for inspiration.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I’m working on some lofi type hiphop with a little more grit and heaviness than usual with video to accompany each song. I’m mainly using Koala, Grooverider, triq traq, and Takete for apps, my guitar, pss-480, a couple pocket operators for instruments, a few gigs of samples, a fender amp and a Panasonic conference tape recorder for warmth/shit, and cannabis and liquid light shows on YouTube for inspiration.

I have some gummy bears left over from Christmas and am such a lightweight I need to chop them into quarters. I literally can start with a leg and be blasted. :)

• edited January 2020

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

“Honeyyyy get me a cold one????”

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I'm planning to get down and dirty with some Hardcore Punk...

Sorry Andy, I’ve got a date with a woman this evening, but give us a call tomorrow and I’ll see if I can fit you in. Hmmm. Maybe I should rephrase that last part. :)

• Probably gonna build some ambient and ASMR banks in BM3 and then throw a bunch of stuff into Blocs Wave including Animoog and Spacecraft, then I’ll run that through my glue compressor chain and then listen to the end result countless times

• @NoiseHorse said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Sorry Andy, I’ve got a date with a woman this evening, but give us a call tomorrow and I’ll see if I can fit you in. Hmmm. Maybe I should rephrase that last part. :)

:D :D :D

• I recorded a crazy drone jam with Mononoke and Factory last night. Today I’ll import it into Live on the desktop, and attempt to make something weird with it.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@NoiseHorse said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Bluepunk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

:D :D :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgw32jhj9vyhg5w/Big Boy.wav?dl=0 :)