Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Continua by Audiodamage (iOS)

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

OK. I waited 2 days. Good thing. The Wi-fi in the hospital didn't work.

My cab showed up and I showed them the Drambo thread and they said
    there types of obsessions are indicative of a Cult.

If ABF is a cult, I want to know who our leader is. I took the cab home.

Now I need to figure out how to get Medicare to reimburse me.

Bd thing. I also found out that since I checked myself in the I'm liable for for hospital bill. Oops. Go Bernie.

Good to see that the bugs in this cool synth are being addressed. I'd love to play with this Microtuned files to hack some faux ethnic styles.

FEITCTJ, cheers.

• @animal said:
    ...maybe I don‘t follow @sclurbs right, but I can doubletap any parameter in Continua (while plugged into AUM) and choose CC74/Aftertouch, the intensity and direction, and off I go. Works beautifully here-. I am using Seaboard Block and sensel, though. Using it for livesessions all the time...

Holy shit what the fuck. I could kiss you right now. Mother fucker, all I was doing wrong was not adjusting the intensity and direction. This whole time. I was so confused when people kept saying there's no midi mapping when this entire time there is. Thanks a lot. Think of how many useless words were typed when the whole time all anyone needed to say was that I needed to adjust the direction and intensity. My man, you just made my life!

@animal for ABF cult leader!

• @sclurbs: hey man, it‘s nice when a solution is that easily reached! I‘m happy for you, good sessioning and lots of fun to you, cheers, t

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

@sclurbs said:
    Holy shit what the fuck. I could kiss you right now. Mother fucker, all I was doing wrong...

I can't count the number of times I've said something just like that. It's Murphy's Law. If there is more than one way to do something, I will start with the wrong one.

But stop with the kissing, yuck.

• so this seems to be clear now.

It is good to have separate CC parameters next to MPE which uses one CC parameter, number 74, polyphonically.

• @reasOne said:
    hey i can just say this synth is really inspiring, that’s an unlisted feature that i find with it

It certainly is! Upon installation, it immediately inspired me to tear myself away from miRack and start creating a soundbank for it! It must be good! 😅

• @Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:
    hey i can just say this synth is really inspiring, that’s an unlisted feature that i find with it

It certainly is! Upon installation, it immediately inspired me to tear myself away from miRack and start creating a soundbank for it! It must be good! 😅

ahhh man!!! this synth would be awesome with some of those spider 🕷 sounds

• @reasOne said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:

ahhh man!!! this synth would be awesome with some of those spider 🕷 sounds

+123 👊🏼😁

• @Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:

Looking forward to hearing them...

• Anyone using KB-1 in MPE mode to modulate Continua? I’ve got the y axis working well, by selecting CC 74 for Continua knobs. I tried getting the x axis to work by selecting “pitch wheel” (or was it named pitch bend) in the knob modulation dialog. It kind of works, but only by a tiny puny amount.

I tested KB-1 x axis to modulate grain position in Spacecraft, and that was more responsive in the expected way. So I’m wondering whether it is a Continua bug when scaling pitchbend to the modulation destination.

• Thanks to Doug @thesoundtestroom for the fab introduction to this synth. Love the reverb in this and love that there are so many presets that sound great. I'll be getting this one for sure (finally listened to the demo).

• @bleep said:
    I tried getting the x axis to work by selecting “pitch wheel” (or was it named pitch bend) in the knob modulation dialog. It kind of works, but only by a tiny puny amount.

you may need to increase the pitch bend range in the destination synth. Usually it is set to a couple of semitones. For MPE, 24 semitones are often used.

• Got it last night. Lovely thing - really. Only spent time playing through the presets. Mostly fab, though I'm sort of scratching my head over the Glitch ones. Maybe there is a form(s) of music that I'm overlooking but am finding it hard to figure how I'd use them.

I did notice (in standalone mode) that the keys onscreen seem to be a bit "sticky" for lack of a better term. Is it that I'm impatient and that the previous key pressed needs to play-itself-out before I can press another, so as not to kill the processor? Is there a setting I'm missing out on? I have no way to record this activity to show what I'm talking about. It's a latency thing.

• @kinkujin said:

Got it last night. Lovely thing - really. Only spent time playing through the presets. Mostly fab, though I'm sort of scratching my head over the Glitch ones. Maybe there is a form(s) of music that I'm overlooking but am finding it hard to figure how I'd use them.

I did notice (in standalone mode) that the keys onscreen seem to be a bit "sticky" for lack of a better term. Is it that I'm impatient and that the previous key pressed needs to play-itself-out before I can press another, so as not to kill the processor? Is there a setting I'm missing out on? I have no way to record this activity to show what I'm talking about. It's a latency thing.

There is a bug, which I’ve reported to AD. The top note takes about a second to respond in stand-alone.

• @craftycurate said:

@kinkujin said:

Got it last night. Lovely thing - really. Only spent time playing through the presets. Mostly fab, though I'm sort of scratching my head over the Glitch ones. Maybe there is a form(s) of music that I'm overlooking but am finding it hard to figure how I'd use them.

There is a bug, which I’ve reported to AD. The top note takes about a second to respond in stand-alone.

Thanks, good to know.

• FEATURE REQUEST: Have a “Retrig Off” mode for FEGs, especially useful when they are looping.

As it is, if you want precise rhythmic effects by modulating parameters with a FEG, you need to make sure you trigger notes precisely in SYNC with the looped portion of the FEG otherwise you end up with a mush if the timing of triggering notes is out of sync. Especially easy to cause this when playing in notes with a keyboard.

• @craftycurate said:
    FEATURE REQUEST: Have a “Retrig Off” mode for FEGs, especially useful when they are looping.

As it is, if you want precise rhythmic effects by modulating parameters with a FEG, you need to make sure you trigger notes precisely in SYNC with the looped portion of the FEG otherwise you end up with a mush if the timing of triggering notes is out of sync. Especially easy to cause this when playing in notes with a keyboard.

yes please!

• edited January 2020

@craftycurate said:
    FEATURE REQUEST: Have a “Retrig Off” mode for FEGs, especially useful when they are looping.

Plus 1

• @MonzoPro said:

@DatGood said:
    @MonzoPro DAAAAAAAAMMMNNNNN
    A grand????

Wait a min... *checks my own damn purchased app list

At least. You’d be surprised how those cheap £6.99 purchases add up over a few years of app buying...

Say you spend £30 per month - a synth, couple of fx, maybe a sample pack.

£30x12=£360

Now multiply that by the number of years you’ve been buying apps. Actually I reckon I’m over two grand...

Still cheaper than smoking (also a lot healthier). "Each year, a person who smokes one pack per day will spend $2,011". Over the course of 30 years that same amount invested with a conservative 4% rate of return would be over $130,000 US.

• @Phil999 said:

@bleep said:
    I tried getting the x axis to work by selecting “pitch wheel” (or was it named pitch bend) in the knob modulation dialog. It kind of works, but only by a tiny puny amount.

you may need to increase the pitch bend range in the destination synth. Usually it is set to a couple of semitones. For MPE, 24 semitones are often used.

Continua is the destination synth. I'm not able to modulate the full range of a Continua knob by using pitchbend from KB-1 ("Glide" in KB-1). The full range of the knob is easily achieved if I rather use CC74 ("Slide" in KB-1). Are you able to do the full Continua knob range by using pitchbend?

• On a side note, I'm wondering whether the KB-1 MPE Slide along the y-axis (sending CC74) is behaving like a physical MPE controller, or whether the initial value is a bug? I want the slide movements to modulate the destination, like filter 1 morph button in Continua. What I find is that not only the slide along the y-axis generates CC74, but also the initial y position of the key in KB-1. This makes the filter morph button suddenly jump (before starting any slide motion) when playing keys with changing velocity along the y axis. Slightly annoying, but maybe physical MPE controllers do the same? Or do their CC74 values always start from 0, no matter where on the key the press is initiated?

• Is there a way to manually assign an arbitrary MIDI CC to a knob in Continua?

Are there hardwired mappings of MIDI CC to Continua parameters documented somewhere?

• probably mentioned before: double tap a parameter, then a new window opens where you can add modulation.

And about pitch bend range: yes it works fine with a Morph controller (Sensel Morph).

• @Phil999 said:
    probably mentioned before: double tap a parameter, then a new window opens where you can add modulation.

And about pitch bend range: yes it works fine with a Morph controller (Sensel Morph).

As far as I can tell the modulation sources only includes a few MIDI CC, is there a way to use a midi cc not in its list?

• edited January 2020

@craftycurate said:

There used to be a thing called "precision" and it was once a very valuable part of being a musician

If you want to achieve a sound badly enough, then sometimes you can't be lazy

• @espiegel123 said:
    As far as I can tell the modulation sources only includes a few MIDI CC, is there a way to use a midi cc not in its list?

ah yes, correct. My fault. For MIDI CC one has to use a host like AUM to assign to a parameter, as described earlier in this thread.

• edited January 2020

@oat_phipps said:

@craftycurate said:

There used to be a thing called "precision" and it was once a very valuable part of being a musician

I'm sure you had better things to do today than waste time writing such a smug and irrelevant response :#

• @craftycurate said:

@oat_phipps said:

@craftycurate said:

I'm sure you had better things to do today than waste time writing such a smug and irrelevant response :#

I could be wrong, but I’d bet you could take just a few minutes of practicing the rhythm of the key presses and get a more instant and satisfactory result than asking a developer and waiting on him to do it for you. Plus, you’re a better keys player going forward.

Call it smug if you want, I call it trying to encourage people to get better through their own means.

• edited January 2020

@oat_phipps said:

@craftycurate said:

@oat_phipps said:

@craftycurate said:

I could be wrong, but I’d bet you could take just a few minutes of practicing the rhythm of the key presses and get a more instant and satisfactory result than asking a developer and waiting on him to do it for you. Plus, you’re a better keys player going forward.

Call it smug if you want, I call it trying to encourage people to get better through their own means.

Even the tiniest variation in key press time is highly noticeable when triggering polyphonic modulations with such a precise attack, such as a FEG whose looped portion is a 16th beat as in the Continua patch in question, especially when triggering notes on the iPad screen as I am doing.

Maybe you possess the über-fine motor control to calibrate your fingers with such robotic precision, but I don't!

And it's not lazy especially when the same Retrig ON/OFF option exists on the LFO and S&H options on the same synth.. It's about having the synth options to get the results you want with the minimum of fuss and frustration so I can get on with the 100 other things I want to do to get the track made.

There's nothing clever about trying to perform precise surgery or digging an under sea tunnel by human judgement alone ("by your own means") when there are systems to aid that precision in a fraction of the time. It's about getting the job done and not wasting time needlessly.

In any case, it sounds like a few other users would value this feature too.

• @craftycurate said:

@oat_phipps said:

@craftycurate said:

@oat_phipps said:

@craftycurate said:

Even the tiniest variation in key press time is highly noticeable when triggering polyphonic modulations with such a precise attack, such as a FEG whose looped portion is a 16th beat as in the Continua patch in question, especially when triggering notes on the iPad screen as I am doing.

Maybe you possess the über-fine motor control to calibrate your fingers with such robotic precision, but I don't!

And it's not lazy especially when the same Retrig ON/OFF option exists on the LFO and S&H options on the same synth.. It's about having the synth options to get the results you want with the minimum of fuss and frustration so I can get on with the 100 other things I want to do to get the track made.

There's nothing clever about trying to perform precise surgery by eye ("by your own means") when there are systems to aid that precision in a fraction of the time. It's about getting the job done and not wasting time needlessly.

In any case, it sounds like a few other users would value this feature too.

I will concede this to you but only because I'm late to perform a surgery on my right eye ;)