Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you working on?

13»

Comments

• edited December 2019

@crony said:
    @iOSTRAKON thanks I keep working... :D

@gregsmith said:
    Just recently finished and released this:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0Q9GuloQn2ne8zmdYJUk3m?si=TXNGpHEzTN61n4uPdOmYLA&nd=1

Since then I’ve been playing with bringing my stems into Blocs wave, creating loops and one hits, then playing them in Launchpad. It’s really fun!

YEAH ! :D
    So few views in youtube, it's a shame !!!!
    Is it done on IOS ? Do you "live" ??

Yeah all IOS :)

I wish I could ‘live’ but bit unlikely round work and family life!

Maybe one day ;)

Do you?

• @drez said:
    I’m working a bit less on music lately. I’ve developed some severe eye strain. Staring at a screen all day for work and then moving to more screen time with music... burst a vessel in my eye and have twitching issues. So I’m going to work more sporadically and give my eyes a rest.

Here’s a link to stuff I’ve done on iOS...

https://soundcloud.com

Heya Drez - sorry to hear about the eyes. Are you under care for this?

Not trying to play doctor, but, have you explored the dry eyes thing? If I can remind myself to use drop (Genteel I think it’s called) it really helps. Dry eyes can actually degrade vision.

Good luck!

• @kinkujin said:

@drez said:
    I’m working a bit less on music lately. I’ve developed some severe eye strain. Staring at a screen all day for work and then moving to more screen time with music... burst a vessel in my eye and have twitching issues. So I’m going to work more sporadically and give my eyes a rest.

Here’s a link to stuff I’ve done on iOS...

https://soundcloud.com

Heya Drez - sorry to hear about the eyes. Are you under care for this?

Not trying to play doctor, but, have you explored the dry eyes thing? If I can remind myself to use drop (Genteel I think it’s called) it really helps. Dry eyes can actually degrade vision.

Good luck!

That’s a good idea. I’ve got an appointment to see a optometrist to get my prescription checked and will ask about dry eyes. I’ll see if I can pick up some Genteel in the mean time. Couldn’t hurt! Thoughtful of you to inquire :heart:

• @drez not sure if you’ve seen the computer glasses or if that is an option for you. Makes a huge difference for when you work all day and play all night on screens

• @mjcouche said:
    @drez not sure if you’ve seen the computer glasses or if that is an option for you. Makes a huge difference for when you work all day and play all night on screens

I have not! I will ask the opto about them for sure 🙏

• @gregsmith said:

Maybe one day ;)

Do you?

Very impressed, does not "sound" IOS at all, very good mixing, nice groove and ideas !
    Well, I do live in my living room atm :D (nice place ! ) but I keep working to play in some places at some point...Also have a kid so, part time living room musician ;)

• I’ll be getting deeper into writing a soundtrack for some of my favorite books, The Space Trilogy by CS Lewis. I’ve got song titles and ideas for the first two books...going to be all iOS except for guitars, vocals, maybe banjos. Which will all be recorded through iOS. Anything could happen.

• @crony said:

@gregsmith said:

Maybe one day ;)

Do you?

Very impressed, does not "sound" IOS at all, very good mixing, nice groove and ideas !
    Well, I do live in my living room atm :D (nice place ! ) but I keep working to play in some places at some point...Also have a kid so, part time living room musician ;)

Thanks!

I used to DJ a bit in my younger days so have been getting into launchpad recently, adding my stems as loops and remixing ‘live’. Only just started playing with it but it’s a lot of fun!

Do you release music at all? Can I find you on the streaming services?

• @crony said:
    Finished this one

Waking a new one, with more swing (thanks to X2) :D
    Hopefully before Xmas...or after! :)

Just seen this! Love it :)

• @iOSTRAKON

Here's a YouTube playlist with all of my completed and most
    recent experiments on the iOS platform.
    Including a couple of QuantiLoop improvs .

Yep, there are a couple of political ones on there.
    Don't shoot the messenger.

Enjoy.

• Sorry about my tardiness on this. Cool stuff, I’ll have to continue down the playlist! Thanks for sharing.

What is everyone working on? Just released two sessions on YouTube / Working on recruiting for the Australia Benefit Comp / writing the next Krate album

@Gravitas said:
    @iOSTRAKON

Here's a YouTube playlist with all of my completed and most
    recent experiments on the iOS platform.
    Including a couple of QuantiLoop improvs .

Yep, there are a couple of political ones on there.
    Don't shoot the messenger.

Enjoy.

• What are you working on?

• edited February 2020

@iOSTRAKON said:
    What are you working on?

I always liked Steely Dan arrangements a lot, I'm currently watching a couple of videos and have a closer look at Steely Dan MIDI files to learn from them.
    Doing that, it's almost inevitable that new ideas evolve from that.
    I'm just collecting a few ideas for now.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    What are you working on?

Trying to help people fix bugs.

• Good research

@rs2000 said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    What are you working on?

I always liked Steely Dan arrangements a lot, I'm currently watching a couple of videos and have a closer look at Steely Dan MIDI files to learn from them.
    Doing that, it's almost inevitable that new ideas evolve from that.
    I'm just collecting a few ideas for now.

I might almost have my “bug” fixed in AUM. Working on a Borderlands session. Recording sounds in AUM from various synths etc and will make some chaos with them!

@AudioGus said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    What are you working on?

Trying to help people fix bugs.

• I'm trying to record a couple of full length songs that are all really to go, but:
    a- it's quicker and easier to record quick Instagram snippets
    b- I keep getting distracted by updates, etc. e.g. the update to Borderlands just sent me on a tangent....

• Live Performance/product concept piece

• Who’s up to what this weekend?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Who’s up to what this weekend?

Playing with new iOS apps Jamm Pro and Scatterbrain and also getting back into editing / mixing on desktop.

• Same, well working with the same apps + trying to figure out the new updates with EG Pulse & LAYR

@AudioGus said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Who’s up to what this weekend?

Playing with new iOS apps Jamm Pro and Scatterbrain and also getting back into editing / mixing on desktop.