Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FD-1 by Numerical Audio

13»

Comments

• Bought it, sounds really good but it’s crashing AUM. I’ll try a reboot...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Bought it, sounds really good but it’s crashing AUM. I’ll try a reboot...

I had problems with huge CPU spikes when using FD1 in AUM, not sure if it's the same thing. Wasn't fixed by reboot. Not sure if it's been fixed in the update.

• @craftycurate said:

@MonzoPro said:

I had problems with huge CPU spikes when using FD1 in AUM, not sure if it's the same thing. Wasn't fixed by reboot. Not sure if it's been fixed in the update.

yea i had similar issues when the re-1 came out. Will hold out on this one.

• @MonzoPro said:

No prob here

• @Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

No prob here

No prob here. Air 1 12.4.2

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:
    Finally the knobs are moving...

Haven't picked this up yet - are you still enjoying using it?

Yep, I found it inspiring and funny. I use it on drums, but it can be nice even on synth. No easy to program at first, but when you figure out the scheme it’s fair fast to obtain cool effect. Or simply, let’s turn these knobs mate!

Thanks, yeah it's on the list, maybe I'll grab it tonight :)

If you haven't I think you probably should. Has a lot of upside in your particular/peculiar world :)

Thanks boss, and everyone else who’s commented. I’ll grab that now then. I need cheering up, a recurring back problem means I’m in constant pain and can just about walk, so a day of weird, filtered echoes and a bucket of painkillers should do the job.

That sucks. Recently been afflicted (last month) with shoulder/neck anguish. Puts me off doing anything (Maschine Mk3?) that involves reaching out and touching things (marriage?). Spend most days gobbling tylenol and rubbing odd hot and cold creams into almost inaccessible areas. Leaves me somewhat worn down and annoyed to be honest. Ageing is such a battlefield.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

Yep, I found it inspiring and funny. I use it on drums, but it can be nice even on synth. No easy to program at first, but when you figure out the scheme it’s fair fast to obtain cool effect. Or simply, let’s turn these knobs mate!

If you haven't I think you probably should. Has a lot of upside in your particular/peculiar world :)

Thanks boss, and everyone else who’s commented. I’ll grab that now then. I need cheering up, a recurring back problem means I’m in constant pain and can just about walk, so a day of weird, filtered echoes and a bucket of painkillers should do the job.

That sucks. Recently been afflicted (last month) with shoulder/neck anguish. Puts me off doing anything (Maschine Mk3?) that involves reaching out and touching things (marriage?). Spend most days gobbling tylenol and rubbing odd hot and cold creams into almost inaccessible areas. Leaves me somewhat worn down and annoyed to be honest. Ageing is such a battlefield.

I had trouble with my right shoulder. Reaching for anything was agony and I couldn’t put my arm up over my head. This went on for months. A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting on the couch and my daughter came over and sat next to me. I went to put my arm around her, there was a crack from my shoulder like a gunshot and it’s been fine ever since. FWIW 🥳🥳🥳

• @craftycurate said:

@MonzoPro said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@craftycurate said:

@MonzoPro said:

yea i had similar issues when the re-1 came out. Will hold out on this one.

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

No prob here

@anickt said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

No prob here

No prob here. Air 1 12.4.2

Cheers for the feedback guys, a reboot seems to have done the trick. Had three instances running and it didn’t crash.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

I think I’ve got a herniated disc. It popped out a few years back, but a physio clicked it back in and it got better. Was lugging a compressor (not the pedal type) around a couple of months back and think it messed it up again. Thought it was getting better, but then last night it started spasming out of the blue. It’s horrible as it plays with the nerves in the spine, so I get pains all over the place. Even had difficulty breathing last night. Awful. I think a bottle of wine might alleviate the symptoms a bit tonight mind.

Neck stuff sucks too - sitting in front of a computer, and hunched over laptops and iPads doesn’t help.

• @anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

I had trouble with my right shoulder. Reaching for anything was agony and I couldn’t put my arm up over my head. This went on for months. A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting on the couch and my daughter came over and sat next to me. I went to put my arm around her, there was a crack from my shoulder like a gunshot and it’s been fine ever since. FWIW 🥳🥳🥳

Ah, I had that a couple of years ago - frozen shoulder. The muscles and ligaments freeze up. I couldn’t move my arm above shoulder height, and the pain was incredible. You might have shocked it into action, but need to be careful you don’t get a torn rotator cuff. Mine lasted 12 months, nearly (!) drove me loopy as I couldn’t sleep, though now I’ve got the same thing with this flipping back.

• @MonzoPro said:

@anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

Ah, I had that a couple of years ago - frozen shoulder. The muscles and ligaments freeze up. I couldn’t move my arm above shoulder height, and the pain was incredible. You might have shocked it into action, but need to be careful you don’t get a torn rotator cuff. Mine lasted 12 months, nearly (!) drove me loopy as I couldn’t sleep, though now I’ve got the same thing with this flipping back.

Lazy Sunday afternoon
    I've got no mind to worry
    I close my eyes and drift away-a
    Here we all are sittin' in a rainbow
    Gor blimey hello Mrs. Jones
    How's old Bert's lumbago?
    He mustn't grumble
    Tweedle dee bite
    I'll sing you a song with no words and no tune
    Tweedle dee bite
    To sing in your party while you souse at the moon - oh yeah

:)

The key to it all, or the central misery beyond pain, as you note, is lack of/inability to sleep. In such a way is the meaning of true riches realized etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

The key to it all, or the central misery beyond pain, as you note, is lack of/inability to sleep. In such a way is the meaning of true riches realized etc.

For nearly 12 months I slept no longer than about 20 minutes at a stretch due to the pain that kept kicking in (aside from the occasional batch of heavy medication), so no REM. By the end of it I was seriously starting to lose my marbles - I think I got into a few scrapes on here at the time so disappeared for a bit to recover before resuming social interraction.

I had about 30 minutes sleep last night, and ended up sitting downstairs in the chair and staring blankly at the wall. Really don't want to get back into the no-REM thing again, I need my Michael Stipe!

Anyway, I'm babbling, the doctors surgery is now closed, so back to the app...

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

For nearly 12 months I slept no longer than about 20 minutes at a stretch due to the pain that kept kicking in (aside from the occasional batch of heavy medication), so no REM. By the end of it I was seriously starting to lose my marbles - I think I got into a few scrapes on here at the time so disappeared for a bit to recover before resuming social interraction.

I had about 30 minutes sleep last night, and ended up sitting downstairs in the chair and staring blankly at the wall. Really don't want to get back into the no-REM thing again, I need my Michael Stipe!

Just need to change Horse Gas to Horse Tranquilizers. In the meantime, have the best weekend you can manage :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Just need to change Horse Gas to Horse Tranquilizers. In the meantime, have the best weekend you can manage :)

Cheers Boss, you too. Nurse Merlot made an appearance last night that helped with the sleep thing.

Haven't had any more issues with the delay too, which is nice.

• Looks like it’s universal now.