Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FD-1 by Numerical Audio

Comments

• @DCJ
    All I’m saying is that I don’t recognize the icon of whatever synth he has in the main slot... 👀

Wow, looks like little leak, that icon looks suspiciously similiar to other Kai's apps :-) Probably new secret synth project ?

• @dendy said:

@DCJ
    All I’m saying is that I don’t recognize the icon of whatever synth he has in the main slot... 👀

Wow, looks like little leak, that icon looks suspiciously similiar to other Kai's apps :-) Probably new secret synth project ?

Maybe the one from this discussion ?

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33864/kai-aras-new-synth-coming/p1

• It’s good, very good !

• @White said:

@dendy said:

@DCJ

Maybe the one from this discussion ?

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33864/kai-aras-new-synth-coming/p1

Yeah this is it !!!

• @jipumarino said:

@JackDwyerburger said:
    I really don’t need to buy a third delay this week, anything set this apart from the rest?

I really don't need to buy a second and third delays this week, but… which ones did you get? 👀

The multi band one from virsyn and the delayrium one. Both are great. This one is pretty great too, the modulation really makes it pop out

• I'll take every delay and reverb I can get. Really any FX. It's half the fun of making music for me.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Both are great

Oh no. But thanks! Will check them out.

• edited November 2019

I like it. I think FS Refraktor, K7D and WoodStepper are also in this space.

• @auxmux said:
    I'll take every delay and reverb I can get. Really any FX. It's half the fun of making music for me.

^^^ this. thus, whoops my finger just accidentally hit purchase

• I didn’t think I really needed this as @brambos Perferator fit the bill for rhythmic gating, but this thing is pretty nice...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    I didn’t think I really needed this as @brambos Perferator fit the bill for rhythmic gating, but this thing is pretty nice...

Perferator is a lovely thing but as always I can't help but be thinking what happens if we put two of them purties in the same blender though....?

• This is really so much more than a "delay". You can turn something as banal as a tone generator into something pretty sweet. I should make a quicky video showing just that. I tend to start off with one of the sequencer presets and then tweak from there.

Add anything remotely more interesting than a plain ol' tone generator, and you've got some serious magic happening very quickly.

Anyone who gets this... start off with the sequencer presets as your starting point. Pretty soon you'll get the hang of what's going on. It's one of those apps that you think it's one thing, but soon it's a whole other kettle of fish. Point FD-1 at the synth of your choice, choose the "Groovy Groove" or "Filter Seq" preset, hit the host play button, and then for extra fun, send Aphelian notes to FD-1. Enjoy! :)

• Great fun, very cool effects, but the knobs don’t move following the automation. I tried with Rozeta LFO, seems it works but the knobs are still.

• edited November 2019

@Faland said:
    Great fun, very cool effects, but the knobs don’t move following the automation. I tried with Rozeta LFO, seems it works but the knobs are still.

Are you sure you had it set up correctly? I tried automating some of the knobs with FD-1 hosted in apeMatrix using the built-in LFO controls and they animated just fine.

• @Faland said:
    Great fun, very cool effects, but the knobs don’t move following the automation. I tried with Rozeta LFO, seems it works but the knobs are still.

Experienced the same when automated via AUM Midi mapping.
    When used „MIDI learn“ from inside FD-1 mapping the same CC values used in the AUM MIDI Mapper they moved perfectly.

• edited November 2019

Anyone able to „Route“ the „Delay Level“ to the internal Sequencer at the bottom of FD-1?
    I can map it but then can not change the value in the dial that pops up.
    Is that a thing to be fixed @ka010 ?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    I didn’t think I really needed this as @brambos Perferator fit the bill for rhythmic gating, but this thing is pretty nice...

Perferator is a lovely thing but as always I can't help but be thinking what happens if we put two of them purties in the same blender though....?

A fine & potentially time gorging suggestion. Thanks.

• @MrBlaschke said:

@Faland said:

Experienced the same when automated via AUM Midi mapping.
    When used „MIDI learn“ from inside FD-1 mapping the same CC values used in the AUM MIDI Mapper they moved perfectly.

Yes, I discovered the same tonight, but with Midi Learn I am able to use only the Rozeta LFO cc13, no way to use the already set 14 and 15 cc or any other cc number, so I can only use one automation at a time , which could be good most of the time, but I would like to understand where I'm wrong ...

• edited November 2019

Decided to start new thread

• Finally the knobs are moving...

• @Faland said:
    Finally the knobs are moving...

Haven't picked this up yet - are you still enjoying using it?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

Yep, I found it inspiring and funny. I use it on drums, but it can be nice even on synth. No easy to program at first, but when you figure out the scheme it’s fair fast to obtain cool effect. Or simply, let’s turn these knobs mate!

• @Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

Yep, I found it inspiring and funny. I use it on drums, but it can be nice even on synth. No easy to program at first, but when you figure out the scheme it’s fair fast to obtain cool effect. Or simply, let’s turn these knobs mate!

Thanks, yeah it's on the list, maybe I'll grab it tonight :)

• Did not need at all. Bought and am enjoying.

• Now that the clicking is fixed.... this is a pretty great delay.

• edited November 2019

Spent a very small amount of time applying it to a drum loop in AUM. Sounds fantastic IMO, and I’m aware that I haven’t even scratched the surface.

• It really is a great deal more than a delay. Very unique I think. I love it 😻

• @MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

If you haven't I think you probably should. Has a lot of upside in your particular/peculiar world :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

If you haven't I think you probably should. Has a lot of upside in your particular/peculiar world :)

Thanks boss, and everyone else who’s commented. I’ll grab that now then. I need cheering up, a recurring back problem means I’m in constant pain and can just about walk, so a day of weird, filtered echoes and a bucket of painkillers should do the job.