Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DM2 The Drum Machine is on sale right now

2»

Comments

• edited November 2019

sheesh, I am sure off lately... hope i am wrong about KRFT too.

• This is ace, made a couple of really good loops in the first few minutes of playing with it. Bargain.

• @MonzoPro said:

Right, that does it, bought and downloading now...

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Its pattern(s) into song into export is SO EASY and fluid that if you do nothing else but fiddle with loop making it's a pleasure. True couch creativity.

You’ve alerted me to something here Boss. I tend to record stuff into the DAW I’m using, but just re-looked at DM1, and it does perfect loops. Did some in ElasticDrums too.

Since my workflow has been updated to include the 4pockets multi track, loops have become a bit of a thing, so just downloading DM2 now look.

Of course, in the end it's not the fact that's it's a quid (nice though that is), but the fact that one might actually find it a useful tool on the belt. I def. do. Esp. the ability to easily come up with 4/5/6/whatever pattern variants that can be chained together so easily/quickly and off out the door etc....

• I caved. Not bad for $1.

Call me easily influenced. :sheep:

• Well worth a buck!! Love the look of the UI. And digging the sounds coming out of it. Hope it's not the last update.

• $1 well spent!

• Was looking at it on the last price drop.. didn't have any funny money in the account.. price drops again.. couldn't wait any longer.. bought. Opened it up - New Song - picked a kit (with effects) - started pecking at a pattern - Boom! - add some swing - love it.. go to Export - just the 1 pattern - wav + audioshare are defaults.. Boom! Done + Done.. All drum machines need to be this easy to get your groove out.. $1.00.. it's already priceless to me.. off to explore where that beat takes me..

• @royor said:
    Was looking at it on the last price drop.. didn't have any funny money in the account.. price drops again.. couldn't wait any longer.. bought. Opened it up - New Song - picked a kit (with effects) - started pecking at a pattern - Boom! - add some swing - love it.. go to Export - just the 1 pattern - wav + audioshare are defaults.. Boom! Done + Done.. All drum machines need to be this easy to get your groove out.. $1.00.. it's already priceless to me.. off to explore where that beat takes me..

Some people get more out of a dollar than others. I already envy you yours :)

• edited November 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Its pattern(s) into song into export is SO EASY and fluid that if you do nothing else but fiddle with loop making it's a pleasure. True couch creativity.

You’ve alerted me to something here Boss. I tend to record stuff into the DAW I’m using, but just re-looked at DM1, and it does perfect loops. Did some in ElasticDrums too.

Since my workflow has been updated to include the 4pockets multi track, loops have become a bit of a thing, so just downloading DM2 now look.

Of course, in the end it's not the fact that's it's a quid (nice though that is), but the fact that one might actually find it a useful tool on the belt. I def. do. Esp. the ability to easily come up with 4/5/6/whatever pattern variants that can be chained together so easily/quickly and off out the door etc....

It’s got a great UI, and export is excellent. Good for creating sharp, clicky bits, and big bass drum sounds. I’ll use this to pin down layers of more random, oblique rhythm.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I’ve not done much with loops - everything is recoded in on the fly. The 4pockets recorder is really opening up new doors for me, dropping/dragging clips onto the timeline really speeds things up.

Old dog learning old tricks here.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

It’s got a great UI, and export is excellent. Good for creating sharp, clicky bits, and big bass drum sounds. I’ll use this to pin down layers of more random, oblique rhythm.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I’ve not done much with loops - everything is recoded in on the fly. The 4pockets recorder is really opening up new doors for me, dropping/dragging clips onto the timeline really speeds things up.

Old dog learning old tricks here.

Hear you precisely. Especially as regards the odd 'anchor' loops. Anchovies in the soup of sound Mister.

• Anybody got info on the Drone Machine feature?

• Another update with some fixes... considerable effort and seriousness of the developer despite the app has a cost of only $ 0.99 and one might think it would have been abandoned.

• Third update in a row... not bad for an abandonware app, isn’t it? :wink:

• @CracklePot said:
    Anybody got info on the Drone Machine feature?

you tap the Drone button and then it will make a huge stupidly loud screechy sound which makes your eardrums hurt, you throw your headphones off quickly and then you never tap that button again. =)

• @klownshed said:

@CracklePot said:

you tap the Drone button and then it will make a huge stupidly loud screechy sound which makes your eardrums hurt, you throw your headphones off quickly and then you never tap that button again. =)

It’s the feature I love most about this but that’s cuz I love to drone on and on...

Seriously, it is pretty neat. The one issue it has is that it develops an independent sine sound that can not be disabled. You have to switch off drone mode and switch it on again. It’s a different flavour from Droneo and it has landscape.

• @klownshed said:

@CracklePot said:

@klownshed said:

@CracklePot said:

Yes, it’s more or less what I did with it... :smiley:

• Does this have a randomize feature?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Does this have a randomize feature?

No, it doesn’t, but there is a very easy and effective song mode implementation.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

I wish it had, but it’s got a nice UI and it’s quick to put beats together.

• @MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Good point. I love the DMs because of their pattern/song modes, but, of course, a quick randomize would be brilliant for that very reason....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Good point. I love the DMs because of their pattern/song modes, but, of course, a quick randomize would be brilliant for that very reason....

One of my favourite drum things at the moment are the pads in the drum Gadgets. Really quick way of building rhythms. Might have to see if I can grab the MIDI...

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

One of my favourite drum things at the moment are the pads in the drum Gadgets. Really quick way of building rhythms. Might have to see if I can grab the MIDI...

Hmmm. Be interested to hear how you get on.

• edited November 2019

@CracklePot said:

Yes, it’s more or less what I did with it... :smiley:

Just had the same unpleasant experience 😤😤

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Hmmm. Be interested to hear how you get on.

Didn’t get very far. Gadget won’t export MIDI to the Files app or AudioShare, so had to faff with Dropbox. And then once I’d got it into AudioShare, none of my drum apps seemed interested in importing it.

Possibly possible via someone with a better brain, but I’ll leave it for now.

• Well I guess it’s no longer on sale.
    I can’t install the pending 1.8.8 update anymore.

“DM2 - The Drum Machine” No Longer Available
    The developer has removed this app from the App Store.

• @MarcelX said:
    Well I guess it’s no longer on sale.

The developer has removed this app from the App Store

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36135/dm2-is-in-the-app-store-as-a-new-app#latest

• @Faland said:

@MarcelX said:
    Well I guess it’s no longer on sale.

The developer has removed this app from the App Store

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36135/dm2-is-in-the-app-store-as-a-new-app#latest

Thx!

• To redeem the code from pascal you just put it into where you put gift card codes correct?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    To redeem the code from pascal you just put it into where you put gift card codes correct?

Yep

• On sale again for $ 0.99. Drone machine bug has been fixed in a recent update.