Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DM2 The Drum Machine is on sale right now

«1

Comments

  • I’m still hoping they fix DM1 so it can be used reliably again. Barely usable in AUM now and doesn’t work at all in AB3. Seriously.

  • Well, how about DM2?
    Any good? Any bad?
    I could have sworn it was AU, apparently not.

    What is the deal with DM1, anyway?
    Works in AUM for me, but I tend to send it Midi.
    But I am not having a sync issue if I use its own patterns/songs, either.

  • @CracklePot said:
    Well, how about DM2?
    Any good? Any bad?
    I could have sworn it was AU, apparently not.

    What is the deal with DM1, anyway?
    Works in AUM for me, but I tend to send it Midi.
    But I am not having a sync issue if I use its own patterns/songs, either.

    Great sounds but yeah, not an au, I off loaded it a while ago but if it ever goes au it going back on my iPad ,

  • I really like DM2 and particularly the Drone Machine implementation. The problem is that this creates an additional sine sound after a while, making it unusable. Uninstall, reinstall, same thing.

    There are no ways to contact the company that I am aware of so with regrets I’ll probably bin it. Too bad.

  • @CracklePot said:

    What is the deal with DM1, anyway?
    Works in AUM for me, but I tend to send it Midi.
    But I am not having a sync issue if I use its own patterns/songs, either.

    I also sent it Midi.. didn’t use the built-in patterns. My issue was constant crashes on launch.
    Opening DM1 first before loading the AUM project was best but I would still have crashes..
    Reinstall didn’t help. It got to be very frustrating and working with Michael to try to get it
    to function at all in AB3 ultimately failed. Went to BeatHawk for awhile and now I’m really
    liking DigiStix. But DM1 still has a nice sound library that I’d like to utilize, and I know I can
    sample it into Digi but don’t want to waste my time if it ultimately does get updated.

  • I’ve had DM1 and DM2 since they came out.

    I tend to use them as stand alone machines and just save loops from them. I like the sounds and wish they were available as Auv3 but don’t expect them to be updated.

    I’ve never really liked cabling multiple apps together as just about every project that I started like that ended up broken. But if I had the time to start a project and see it through to completion that wouldn’t be such an issue.

    Anyway. They make nice sounds. They’re old. Enjoy them while they last :-)

    I got my money’s worth out of them purely as toys. For the price DM-2 is worth it just to play with and make random loops for your own sample library In my book. That’s all I use it for really and am happy with that.

    Mind you I would love to see a universal auv3 DM-3 and would buy that instantly.

  • I liked them when there was no AUv3. It was one of the best drum machines for iOS. Very intuitive and simple interface. It's more simple than Funkbox. It was a pleasure to play beats, save them as loops and tweak them in DAW.
    DM2 gives me some interesting sounds when I'm on road and would like to create my own oneshots. I see that it won't be updated. But I really don't see anything so deep and intuitive as DM2 as a drum synthesizer.

  • @eve_ripper said:
    I liked them when there was no AUv3. It was one of the best drum machines for iOS. Very intuitive and simple interface. It's more simple than Funkbox. It was a pleasure to play beats, save them as loops and tweak them in DAW.
    DM2 gives me some interesting sounds when I'm on road and would like to create my own oneshots. I see that it won't be updated. But I really don't see anything so deep and intuitive as DM2 as a drum synthesizer.

    Seekbeats also has a good synth engine plus a nifty, Reaktor-like effects chain for each channel. Not a dig at you or anything, it just feels to me that sometimes we forget the powerful tools we already have in the quest for the new shiny-shiny.

  • edited October 30

    AFAIK, DM1 and DM2 are from the same developer but not from the same company.

    @CracklePot said:
    Well, how about DM2?
    Any good? Any bad?
    What is the deal with DM1, anyway?

    Totally different beasts.
    DM1 has a large collection of sampled drums.
    DM2 is basically a drum synth without samples.

    After Stroke Machine was fixed to work on later iOS versions, I haven't used either DM1 or DM2 anymore because it delivers both sample import and a synth which is more capable than the one in DM2.

  • It’s $0.99 now...

  • That’s the right price, I bit.

  • I like the sequencer and drum synths in DM2 very much, but feel that automation is key for drum synths, to be able to modulate the sound as part of the pattern- that’s the special ability of synthesizing drums, vs playing samples.

  • Blimey, tempted at this price.

  • edited November 7

    @Processaurus said:
    I like the sequencer and drum synths in DM2 very much, but feel that automation is key for drum synths, to be able to modulate the sound as part of the pattern- that’s the special ability of synthesizing drums, vs playing samples.

    But the description says it has 130+ assignable parameters.
    That seems like a lot of automation options.
    Maybe the Midi control is broken?

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Blimey, tempted at this price.

    Yeah, I am about to part with my one dollar as well.

  • @CracklePot said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Blimey, tempted at this price.

    Yeah, I am about to part with my one dollar as well.

    Seems to come with a few issues, but for a quid...

  • No AUv3? Come on...

  • It's a great and fun app, but as with a lot of the older kids in the pool - no AUv3, which limits my use of it to 0.

    As has been said many a time - make this AUv3 and it'd get WAY more use from me. Too bad - this is a fantastic and original drum synth.

  • For 1 euro, why not...

  • It’s worth it for a quid just to use it to make sample fodder.

  • @CracklePot said:

    @Processaurus said:
    I like the sequencer and drum synths in DM2 very much, but feel that automation is key for drum synths, to be able to modulate the sound as part of the pattern- that’s the special ability of synthesizing drums, vs playing samples.

    But the description says it has 130+ assignable parameters.
    That seems like a lot of automation options.
    Maybe the Midi control is broken?

    Oh, I didn’t know it had midi control. You could automate it with an external sequencer I suppose. I just meant it didn’t have automation, built in to its sequencer.

  • edited November 7

    Its pattern(s) into song into export is SO EASY and fluid that if you do nothing else but fiddle with loop making it's a pleasure. True couch creativity.

  • Got it....and realized that it doesn’t have a “randomize” option like DM1. Love the randomize feature with the kits on DM1 as it led to many happy patterns and sequences !!

  • Does it work ok on the latest iOS?

  • Even if it’s only $1, I can’t bring myself to pull a trigger on an app that we pretty much know is or will become abandonware, especially when there are other options.

    But it’s been hard to resist...

  • edited November 7

    @CracklePot said:

    @Processaurus said:
    I like the sequencer and drum synths in DM2 very much, but feel that automation is key for drum synths, to be able to modulate the sound as part of the pattern- that’s the special ability of synthesizing drums, vs playing samples.

    But the description says it has 130+ assignable parameters.
    That seems like a lot of automation options.
    Maybe the Midi control is broken?

    It's been a while (and maybe there was an update?) but I think the problem with midi control, that was a real shame, is you could only control one sound at a time. So you could not midi CC the BDrum separate from the Snare etc. it was just limited to which one you had selected. This app had huge potential but alas, likely to be washed away in the sands of iOS time, yadda etc.

  • Got it. :-) I will easily get my $0.99 worth just playing around with it tonight. And if I manage to make some usable samples, even better.

  • @eyesunderground said:
    Even if it’s only $1, I can’t bring myself to pull a trigger on an app that we pretty much know is or will become abandonware, especially when there are other options.

    But it’s been hard to resist...

    I bought it alongside a few others as I'm getting performance ready.

    It's worth it.
    It's quirky, the sounds are tweakable to put it lightly and it's very intuitive.

    It also works on iOS 13.2.2.

    I like it.

  • Right, that does it, bought and downloading now...

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Its pattern(s) into song into export is SO EASY and fluid that if you do nothing else but fiddle with loop making it's a pleasure. True couch creativity.

    You’ve alerted me to something here Boss. I tend to record stuff into the DAW I’m using, but just re-looked at DM1, and it does perfect loops. Did some in ElasticDrums too.

    Since my workflow has been updated to include the 4pockets multi track, loops have become a bit of a thing, so just downloading DM2 now look.

Sign In or Register to comment.