Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Airpod Pros

13»

Comments

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Batteries non-replaceable so they are disposable, from what I heard, which really sucks

• R_2R_2
    edited September 2020

@gregsmith said:

@R_2 said:
    Was looking at the Pro’s myself but is there really no way to adjust volume other than through the device or Siri? WTF..!?

How do owners feel about the them after months of use.
    Comfortable in ear? Battery life?

I’ve only had mine a coupla weeks but love them tbh. They’re very comfortable and sound fantastic to my ears. I have tracks with super low end that you basically couldn’t hear in normal iPhone headphones. On AirPods it’s crisp and present, without being overpowering.

The volume thing is weird (no way am I using Siri in public!) but not the end of the world. They’ve done away with the ‘tapping’ from the normal AirPods changing it for ‘squeezing’ which is much better as you can touch and adjust them without pausing the track.

Edit: battery life seems great too although I’m only using them for a couple of hours max. I charged them once in 2 weeks and they hadn’t actually ran out.

Thanks.

@Gavinski @ehehehe Batteries replacements and lost pod option through Apple:
    https://support.apple.com/airpods/repair/service

• I bought a pair. The noise cancelling is some sort of voodoo magic. They also sound good. Latency isn’t good enough for real time work but I can okay for arrangement tasks.

• @cyberheater said:
    I bought a pair. The noise cancelling is some sort of voodoo magic. They also sound good. Latency isn’t good enough for real time work but I can okay for arrangement tasks.

That’s a pretty good summation. I can barely hear most background noise when I wear them, but it doesn’t degrade the sound like most noise cancellation does.

• i have the pros and love them. while
    i prefer hardwired for latency, there is very very little latency. especially compared to other bluetooth headphones i’ve had. plus the noise cancelation is really nice. i’d recommend them

• @eross said:
    ….there is very very little latency. especially compared to other bluetooth headphones i’ve had…

This is due the codecs. Apple uses AAC by default, and most BT headphones don’t support AAC, so things get re-encoded on the fly using the SBC codec, which is garbage but universal. You can have 1000$ headphones, but if they don’t support AAC, you get a crappy 192mp3 re-encoded track. This is where the lag/latency gets introduced.

If the headphones you’re looking at buying don’t support AAC, don’t even bother. If they do, you’ll still get some latency, but not nearly as bad, due to the decode on the headphone end. (Apples hardware optimization)

Sadly, apple headphones are the only way to go for wireless. They aren’t bad tho. They’re no Audeze or whatever.
    (I will say I hate the squeeze on the pros for next/previous track as opposed to the tap on the regular AirPods)

And why you can “find my” AirPods if they’re not in the case is beyond me. I don’t lose headphones in their case. I lose them when they’re out and being used. :/

• I’ve been using the Comply foam tips with mine the last couple of months, and I really like them. Better noise isolation, more comfy, and they feel a lot more secure.

Im used to the foam tips on my SE846’s though, never really like the thin rubber olive style like comes with the Pros. Not bad for comfort, but don’t feel secure for my ear shape.

• @Tarekith said:
    I’ve been using the Comply foam tips with mine the last couple of months, and I really like them. Better noise isolation, more comfy, and they feel a lot more secure.

Im used to the foam tips on my SE846’s though, never really like the thin rubber olive style like comes with the Pros. Not bad for comfort, but don’t feel secure for my ear shape.

Ear molds are pretty cheap anymore, and usually can get the impressions covered by insurance. I’ve had my insurance cover the molds and the manufacture. Cost me nothing.

• Do they make them for the style of attachment that the AirPods use? I've seen plenty for the more common Beyerdynamic/Shure/Etymotic style where there's only a post they need to slide on to. Haven't seen anything like that for AirPods yet, would love to know who's doing this if there's an option.

• That’s what I just said I was using. 🧐

• edited May 2021

@Tarekith said:
    That’s what I just said I was using. 🧐

Oh DEEEEEEERP! (www.sadtrombone.com)

Youre referring to the ear molds. Not that I am aware of for airpods. I use them on my Shures/Klipsch/whatever.
    I know I could have gotten molds with generic bluetooth imbedded in them like for actual hearing impaired people, but I'm pretty sure theyre atrocious for music.

I really only use my airpods on the go for my ipad. I don't have a cellphone (use the ipad for that) and need headphones for that part.

• edited May 2021

deleted double post

• edited May 2021

deleted triple post

man i'm on a roll today....

• R_2R_2
    edited May 2021

Just got these. Like the sound, although there’s a difference between ANC (more bass) and off.
    I have small ears and tried the small tips too but after wearing them for a while my (inner)ears hurt. They still do hours after taking them out…
    Afraid my ears are too sensitive for in-ear (can wear EarPods buds for hours without any problem).
    :'(
    Anyone had similar reaction that passed after a while?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@Tarekith said:
    I’ve been using the Comply foam tips with mine the last couple of months, and I really like them. Better noise isolation, more comfy, and they feel a lot more secure.

Ear molds are pretty cheap anymore, and usually can get the impressions covered by insurance. I’ve had my insurance cover the molds and the manufacture. Cost me nothing.

Wow. I’d love to know how you got insurance to cover the molds and manufacturing! I’m in the US, so not sure if you are as well. Still, my custom IEM’s were money very well spent for gigs.

My brother just gave me his AirPods yesterday because he got the AirPod pros. He works out a lot so he said the regular AirPods didn’t stay in well. But I can’t wear any universal fit in ear type headsets, my ear canals are really small and have a sharp bend right after the opening. Anyway, I have to say that I like the AirPods a lot. I had a fake pair that were terrible, but the real ones are nice and stay connected really well.

• Had to return mine because of ‘pain’ mentioned in my previous post.
    Have since read more about how ANC can cause all kinds of discomfort for a group of people: https://www.soundstagesolo.com/index.php/features/178-eardrum-suck-the-mystery-solved

• I got some “comply” foam tips for my pros
    Cost £22 for 3 sets of tips
    Quite expensive
    But they feel more comfortable and feel like there is less chance of them falling out
    Definitely prefer them to the original apple rubber tips

• After almost two years of using them on a daily base, I started to have pain, scared, liquid (?) in my ears. I stopped using them for a few weeks and the problems were solved. But as soon as I use them again, the troubles are back after a few minutes of use. I tried then to use the Comply foam tips thinking that the troubles may be the result of allergies to the original tips...but here again, after 2 days of use the troubles are back.

So, in-ears headphones are over for me...too bad as I really liked them

• @cuscolima Since you’ve been using them for almost two years without problems could your recent discomfort be caused by clogged earwax in combination with the ANC ‘pressure’?
    Same as with cabin pressure in airplane, clogged ears can also increase pain there.

• @R_2 said:
    @cuscolima Since you’ve been using them for almost two years without problems could your recent discomfort be caused by clogged earwax in combination with the ANC ‘pressure’?
    Same as with cabin pressure in airplane, clogged ears can also increase pain there.

Don’t think so as I had scars and…crusts (mmmh, enjoy your meal). I stopped using them for one week now and it is already much better. But I know if I use them again, it will happen again. I have probably hypersensitive ears now because of this. I read that I am not the only one, a lot of people are complaining because of these in ear things…

• I bought today the new AirPods 3. The Pros are no more an option for me (sadly). I know I will regret the great noise cancellation feature but...my ears simply rejected these in-ears things...so, I will receive the 3 on next Thursday and will let you know if the loss is that big!