Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Airpod Pros

Comments

• @LucidMusicInc said:

And they all use some kind of glossy ceramic making them slippery and prone to scuffs, chips, cracks etc.

Glossy is less slippery than matte. Try sliding a finger over glass, and then over a piece of wood. The glass has way more grip on skin.

• woody woodspeaker?

• @mistercharlie said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

And they all use some kind of glossy ceramic making them slippery and prone to scuffs, chips, cracks etc.

Glossy is less slippery than matte. Try sliding a finger over glass, and then over a piece of wood. The glass has way more grip on skin.

Nope, I’m calling your bullsh##. Then again nobody was asking for wooden Apple accessories. >:)

• @mistercharlie said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I feel that way too. The iPhone X was way less slippery than the new Pro with Matte back for me.

• I bought some AirPods Pro and they arrived today. They’re ok. They don’t fit my ears though. Even the biggest tips are too small.

I guess they’re getting sent back.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I bought some AirPods Pro and they arrived today. They’re ok. They don’t fit my ears though. Even the biggest tips are too small.

I guess they’re getting sent back.

Can you try the latency before you return them? ;)

• Sure. But they’re Bluetooth, so there will always be some.

• Ok, just tested with GarageBand’s piano. Short delay. Too annoying for me.

• edited October 2019

Using AirPods 2 on an iPad 2017 Pro I can get by with stuff like sequencing/arranging and mixing. Playing the keyboard isn't worth it, the latency is about half a second. The only advantage the Pros offer as far as I know is the extra noise cancellation and not faster processing power for less latency.

• Exactly. The extra noise reduction comes from a better fit, and the active noise cancelling. If they don’t fit your ears, then they’re no better than the originals.

Bluetooth will always Have a delay, I believe, because it has to compress and decompress the audio for transmission.

• @dendy said:
    maybe there is hope ??

It says processing latency. Issue is bluetooth bandwight. I suspect very small part of the overall latency with bt headphones is the processing latency, so this seems like marketing crap.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Ok, just tested with GarageBand’s piano. Short delay. Too annoying for me.

No surprise! LOL

• @ToMess said:

It says processing latency. Issue is bluetooth bandwight. I suspect very small part of the overall latency with bt headphones is the processing latency, so this seems like marketing crap.

It says the low processing latency enables real-time noise cancellation. If the "noise cancellation" has latency it's just going to contribute to the noise, not reduce it. It has nothing to do with Bluetooth.

• Got mine yesterday - latency is noticeable better then my first gen. AirPods - but I assume the AirPods 2 are the same due to having the same H1 chip. Still not useful for live playing, but fine for mixing / sequencing, where there is almost no noticeable delay when pressing play.

Sound is better than regular AirPods with significantly more bass (probably mainly due to better seal)

ANC is actually really good and great to have this in such a small package. Transparency Mode is also interesting, like listening to Music without AirPods in - kinda like Audio AR :smile:

The new touch controls work great (also with gloves on) and I already prefer them to the old tapping motion. You can customize the long press to either switch between ANC modes (you can switch between 2 or all 3) or Siri, so you have more control than on the regular pods: Start/stop + next track + previous track + ANC control + Siri.

I wish they where also available without the wireless charging case for $40 less like the AirPods 2, as I have no need for it (usefully only need to charge the case once a week) - but still worth it for me upgrading from my almost 3 year old AirPods 1.

• Awesome, thank you!

• Mmmm...I usually don't like the intra-auricular earbuds...Are they comfortable to wear?

• .> @cuscolima said:

Mmmm...I usually don't like the intra-auricular earbuds...Are they comfortable to wear?

In my experience it comes down to having the right tips, and comfort is going to be about personal fit. For example I can't stand tri-flange tips.

• @cuscolima said:
    Mmmm...I usually don't like the intra-auricular earbuds...Are they comfortable to wear?

I find them more comfortable than regular in-ear bud, you feel less “clogged up” probably due to the venting system they’ve made. Also the tips are very soft. That said if you really hate in ear type buds, try them out first, as they still ARE in-ear ;-)

• @Peter321 said:

@cuscolima said:

I find them more comfortable than regular in-ear bud, you feel less “clogged up” probably due to the venting system they’ve made. Also the tips are very soft. That said if you really hate in ear type buds, try them out first, as they still ARE in-ear ;-)

Ok thanks. Ordered and will be delivered on Tuesday. I will return them should they make me feel uncomfortable

• edited November 2019

@Peter321
    Still not useful for live playing, but fine for mixing / sequencing, where there is almost no noticeable delay when pressing play.

Ook, this sounds to me like almost game changer :-) "almost no noticeable delay" is for me pretty perfect for normal DAW edit/tweak usage...

• I have my own for two days now and I find them really good. The noise cancellation feature works really well in trains, buses and when walking in the streets. The in-ear thing is not a problem.

• So I bought the Airpods pro yesterday and, definitely, this is a our real “game changer”

The latency is very low and the noise isolation excellent

• Sent back.
    Don’t feel it comfortable.
    And maybe pricey for the quality.
    I stay another year with my old AirPods😂😂😂

• @OnfraySin said:
    So I bought the Airpods pro yesterday and, definitely, this is a our real “game changer”

The latency is very low and the noise isolation excellent

really ?? Wow that are EXCELLENT news !!! Thanks

• edited November 2019

Hm.. here at 12:23 is Henny talking about latency .. looks it is NOT that good .. it's better than normal airpods, but still there is one ..

that's showstopper for me .. i don't care if latency is smaller vs. bigger .. until there is any noticeable latency, it is unusable for music production for me ...

• @dendy I just got mine...and the latency in Nanostudio 2 is low enough for me to make beats (quantized). It’s nothing like gen 1 or 2, or even the beats wireless. This is a different animal entirely.

There’s a slight delay in nanostudio 2. And I mean slight. My buffer in NS2 is at the highest setting, and in that state, It’s the kind of latency u can actually learn to play around and compensate for.

Less than setting an audio buffer at 256-512 as far as I’m concerned on desktop. I’ve never had a pair of bt headphones this usable (latency wise) for making beats!

For drummers, live players, and extremely sensitive folks this might be a deal breaker. But I’m used to tracking vocals and dealing with latency on desktop so I think it’s very good all things considered.

(Disclaimer: a lot of music I do ends up being quantized in some form or another for a lot of portions, so if you’re unquantized you probably wanna disregard this comment)

• Was looking at the Pro’s myself but is there really no way to adjust volume other than through the device or Siri? WTF..!?

How do owners feel about the them after months of use.
    Comfortable in ear? Battery life?

• As soon as latency is down to just above zero, I’m in.

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2020

@R_2 said:
    Was looking at the Pro’s myself but is there really no way to adjust volume other than through the device or Siri? WTF..!?

How do owners feel about the them after months of use.
    Comfortable in ear? Battery life?

I’ve only had mine a coupla weeks but love them tbh. They’re very comfortable and sound fantastic to my ears. I have tracks with super low end that you basically couldn’t hear in normal iPhone headphones. On AirPods it’s crisp and present, without being overpowering.

The volume thing is weird (no way am I using Siri in public!) but not the end of the world. They’ve done away with the ‘tapping’ from the normal AirPods changing it for ‘squeezing’ which is much better as you can touch and adjust them without pausing the track.

Edit: battery life seems great too although I’m only using them for a couple of hours max. I charged them once in 2 weeks and they hadn’t actually ran out.