Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSEM crashes when selecting presets, iOS 13.1.3 - (Solved)

13»

Comments

• Been having very similar problem with iMini. Freezes/crashes when SAVING a preset. It happens every single time.

It's been several months and I'm losing faith in Arturia to update it. Perhaps both apps having similar bugs will put some pressure on them.

... running on iPad 9.7" ...

• @nlog Do you have access to info on the iMini from Arturia ?

• Sorry, I am not related to iMini.

• @nlog said:
    Sorry, I am not related to iMini.

So Arturia apps are from different developers? Didn’t know that. Is iSpark one of yours?

• It’s great to have update.

• @gusgranite said:

@nlog said:
    Sorry, I am not related to iMini.

So Arturia apps are from different developers? Didn’t know that. Is iSpark one of yours?

iMini and iProphet are from Retronyms. iSpark thing is from another developer.

• Launches sooooo much faster as an au now👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

• @nlog said:

@e121 said:!l

Nice! I thought we had lost another stellar iOS synth, like Alchemy and Zeta, and is it just me or did we get an optimization boost too. Seems to load faster, and have a smaller dsp% in AUM.

Right, there is some optimization applied in 1.5.

Is iSEM now iOS 13 only?

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@nlog said:

Nice! I thought we had lost another stellar iOS synth, like Alchemy and Zeta, and is it just me or did we get an optimization boost too. Seems to load faster, and have a smaller dsp% in AUM.

Is iSEM now iOS 13 only?

Working in 12.4.1 here

• @nlog said:
    iSEM update 1.5 now released. May take some hours to be available in app stores as usual. Thanks to all beta testers.

iSEM now supports AB3. Please email to info at temporubato dot com when further issues appear as I am not regularly reading this forum.

Cheers!

Thank you!

• edited November 2019

Just took a look via Purchased tab. Requires 12.1 or later. I’m on 12.0. My current version works ok though. :)

• @nlog said:

It's really noticeable. Runs ridiculously smooth now, not that it was bad before though, just now it's humming along.

Many thanks for the great update.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@nlog said:

Is iSEM now iOS 13 only?

Minimum requirement for 1.5 is iOS 12.1. Shouldn't be a problem, since crashes started to appear with iOS 13. If you're before 12.1 and do not want to update iOS, just stay with iSEM 1.3.

Cheers

• @nlog said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@nlog said:

Is iSEM now iOS 13 only?

Minimum requirement for 1.5 is iOS 12.1. Shouldn't be a problem, since crashes started to appear with iOS 13. If you're before 12.1 and do not want to update iOS, just stay with iSEM 1.3.

Cheers

That’s what I’m doing. I’m good. :)

• Has anybody ever had this problem with iSEM in AUM: presets not reloading correctly. I have several pad sounds in iSEM which have a tiny amount of LFO mod on one oscillator. Patch is saved both within iSEM and AUM. When I close and then reload the AUM session, the LFO amount is way out of whack. This problem has been happening through 3 iPads (4, Air2, & Air 3), and iOSs back to 11. Currently iPad Air 3, iOS 12.4.1. I have a vid clip illustrating this problem:
    Any help will be appreciated.

• Hi the vid isn’t loading, still private?

• @gtrgeorge said:
    Has anybody ever had this problem with iSEM in AUM: presets not reloading correctly. I have several pad sounds in iSEM which have a tiny amount of LFO mod on one oscillator. Patch is saved both within iSEM and AUM. When I close and then reload the AUM session, the LFO amount is way out of whack. This problem has been happening through 3 iPads (4, Air2, & Air 3), and iOSs back to 11. Currently iPad Air 3, iOS 12.4.1. I have a vid clip illustrating this problem:
    Any help will be appreciated.

Couldn't watch the video (private?), but I have had this issue (as has @tk32). I updated to iSEM 1.5 (and AUM 1.3.2) and still had this issue (and like you I've had this for years).

So I too made a video showing the issue:

However, I realized this was AUM and wanted to see if the issue appeared elsewhere (I recall seeing this in apeMatrix and @tk32 noted BM3) So I tired it in apeMatrix; seemed to work fine. Tried it in Audiobus; seemed to work fine. Tried it in Beatmaker 3; seemed to work fine.

Thinking this was just an AUM issue I tried it again in AUM... and now it seems to work fine.

No idea what's going on, but I've tried reloading the session a dozen times and it loads correctly every time; previously it would load incorrectly every time....

@nlog any ideas what might be going on?

• I can not reproduce the issue as shown in the video by aplourde.
    iSEM 1.5, AUM 1.3.2, iOS 13.2.2, iPad Pro 2016.

• Is it just me, or does it sound better too?

• @nlog said:
    Hi the vid isn’t loading, still private?

Sorry. I just unprivatized the video...

• @aplourde said:

However, I realized this was AUM and wanted to see if the issue appeared elsewhere (I recall seeing this in apeMatrix and @tk32 noted BM3) So I tired it in apeMatrix; seemed to work fine. Tried it in Audiobus; seemed to work fine. Tried it in Beatmaker 3; seemed to work fine.

Thinking this was just an AUM issue I tried it again in AUM... and now it seems to work fine.

No idea what's going on, but I've tried reloading the session a dozen times and it loads correctly every time; previously it would load incorrectly every time....

I just unprivatized the vid. This is really baffling to me, especially that it now works for you... I've never gotten a handle on apeMatrix, but I can try it there & see what happens.

• @gtrgeorge said:

@aplourde said:

I just unprivatized the vid. This is really baffling to me, especially that it now works for you... I've never gotten a handle on apeMatrix, but I can try it there & see what happens.

So you have the 1.5 update and you’re still having the issue?

Have you tried opening the standalone version? This seems to have started working after I ran the standalone version; probably a coincidence, but I know some apps need to open the standalone version to get things synced with the AU extension... worth a try?

• @aplourde said:

Have you tried opening the standalone version? This seems to have started working after I ran the standalone version; probably a coincidence, but I know some apps need to open the standalone version to get things synced with the AU extension... worth a try?

Sorry for the delay. For some reason I'm not getting email notifications when someone replies.

I will try this. Thanks.

• edited December 2019

@gtrgeorge said:

@aplourde said:

Just dropping a note to say my problem has been RESOLVED!!!

I had thought of deleting and reinstalling the iSEM app, but that would trash a whole lot of user patches I had created and saved.

I found the bit in SETTINGS about “offloading” unused apps; this would delete the app, but save any user data when I reinstall. I tried it, and iSEM now works just fine within AUM; the LFO problem is gone, and all my user patches are still there, safe & sound. THANKS to all for your suggestions.

• @gtrgeorge said:

@gtrgeorge said:

@aplourde said:

Just dropping a note to say my problem has been RESOLVED!!!

I had thought of deleting and reinstalling the iSEM app, but that would trash a whole lot of user patches I had created and saved.

I found the bit in SETTINGS about “offloading” unused apps; this would delete the app, but save any user data when I reinstall. I tried it, and iSEM now works just fine within AUM; the LFO problem is gone, and all my user patches are still there, safe & sound. THANKS to all for your suggestions.

Fantastic! So glad this app has been fixed, and happy it's now working for you as well.

• I am having trouble with using aftertouch modulating the filter in the mod matrix in mono legato mode. It us impossible to play legato. The notes get all chopped up.