Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RIP: Novation Mono Station

Comments

• @Tarekith said:
    I love the Circuit, but to this day the Mono Station still looks like a bad photoshop job to me.

😂😂😂😂 :lol:

• @DatGood said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@DatGood said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@DatGood said:
    I was hoping to grab one as my 1st synth before they discontinued. Might prob still be available somewhere. I just like it's unique design. I see it as a BS2 REEEEEEEEEEEMIIIIIXXXXXXX (*MissyElliot voice)

LOL

REEEEEEMIXXXXXXX

noitatSonoM - REWIND

I'm from the Caribbean so we say... "PUUUUUUUUUULLL UUUUUUUUUUPPPP!!!" (*Airhorn sound)

Where

Trinidad and Tobago

Very cool.

Very wild place....

• Spent a few hours with mine today with manual (duh! about time) and am gathering an appreciation for it. Had wanted one since launch, got one, and then got lost in a sea of other things. I’m stoked!

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Very cool.

Very wild place....

Oh really. How so?

• @dendy said:

@Tarekith said:
    I love the Circuit, but to this day the Mono Station still looks like a bad photoshop job to me.

I swear to god, the first time I saw it I laughed and got a chuckle out of what I thought was a dumb photoshop job. When I heard it was real, my jaw hit the floor in disbelief. I get the appeal for some, but it just seemed like such a weird combination to pair compared to the first Circuit which was much more ambiguous in it's workflow.

• @DatGood said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Very cool.

Very wild place....

Oh really. How so?

Without getting graphic...I have some experiences with persons from said location....and travelled through there......

• edited October 2019

@Tarekith said:

@dendy said:

@Tarekith said:

I swear to god, the first time I saw it I laughed and got a chuckle out of what I thought was a dumb photoshop job. When I heard it was real, my jaw hit the floor in disbelief. I get the appeal for some, but it just seemed like such a weird combination to pair compared to the first Circuit which was much more ambiguous in it's workflow.

I thought it was a joke too when I first saw picture.

Then I came across Ehsan Gelsi’s YouTube channel and his use of the CMS in combo with the Circuit & Digitakt in his jams sold me.

It was more the organised approach of how he had his patterns for the songs lined up with each of the 3 devices more than any crazy sound design. Does sound good though. The Strymons help a bit. :)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@DatGood said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Very cool.

Very wild place....

Oh really. How so?

Without getting graphic...I have some experiences with persons from said location....and travelled through there......

Oh. Sorry that some unfortunate shit happened. For real, no need to elaborate. I mean, I’m not the minister of tourism but I wouldn’t call my home a “very wild place. But I guess your unfortunate experiences might be only what you can go on. Hope no one got hurt.

• @DatGood said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@DatGood said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Very cool.

Very wild place....

Oh really. How so?

Oh. Sorry that some unfortunate shit happened. For real, no need to elaborate. I mean, I’m not the minister of tourism but I wouldn’t call my home a “very wild place. But I guess your unfortunate experiences might be only what you can go on. Hope no one got hurt.

OH NO NO

I mean in a GOOD WILD WAY!

LOL

I meant party based erotic adventures!

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Tarekith said:

@dendy said:

@Tarekith said:

I thought it was a joke too when I first saw picture.

Then I came across Ehsan Gelsi’s YouTube channel and his use of the CMS in combo with the Circuit & Digitakt in his jams sold me.

It was more the organised approach of how he had his patterns for the songs lined up with each of the 3 devices more than any crazy sound design. Does sound good though. The Strymons help a bit. :)

Most people don’t know it has CV gate and everything!

Dynamic sequencer alone!

If it stopped making audio I would use it to sequence 2 hardware synths or apps!

• edited October 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

@DatGood said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@DatGood said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Very cool.

Very wild place....

Oh really. How so?

OH NO NO

I mean in a GOOD WILD WAY!

LOL

I meant party based erotic adventures!

Oh my gawd, well I’m now extra sorry. I hope everyone's relationships were still intact after. Lol

I'm guessing you came during our Carnival and y'all were not accurately briefed about the cultural uniqueness.

• edited November 2019

These are 50% off at the Novation Site as part of Black Friday. I wonder if I should get two :)
    https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/categories/black-friday-2019

• @DYMS said:
    These are 50% off at the Novation Site as part of Black Friday. I wonder if I should get two :)
    https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/categories/black-friday-2019

Ha, finally I can get my Novation Peak for $700 instead of $1400...
    (just kidding :# )

• edited January 2020

50% off end of year sale (including the Mono station) ends today

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/categories/end-of-year-sale

At least until the next sale. ;-)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@auxmux said:
    They were cleaning inventory with a sale last month or so, so may be MK2 on horizon.

Nope.

The MONO's didn't work due to people not understanding what it was....some people thought it was just a Circuit w a diff engine, some got it and wondered where the drums were.........

too niche of market for what they are appealing to in my opinion.

I'm still getting my head around uses for the paraphony but the rest of it clicked immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=uqiK421zG4o&feature=emb_logo

Paraphony + Ring modulation = :love:

• @klownshed said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@auxmux said:
    They were cleaning inventory with a sale last month or so, so may be MK2 on horizon.

Nope.

The MONO's didn't work due to people not understanding what it was....some people thought it was just a Circuit w a diff engine, some got it and wondered where the drums were.........

I'm still getting my head around uses for the paraphony but the rest of it clicked immediately.

ha! thanks, I'll have to delve into this more now you pointed me in the right direction :)

• edited January 2020

@AndyPlankton said:

@klownshed said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@auxmux said:

Nope.

ha! thanks, I'll have to delve into this more now you pointed me in the right direction :)

:-)

I've been watching a lot of videos about it recently (do the plant pots next to the Mono station in most of the videos come with it? ;-).

I started off thinking 'what's the point in this?" but having the sequencer integrated makes it appear amazing for evolving riffs. Patch flip on every beat is crazy! There are some good demos of it being used as a drum machine.

It can also sequence my (xmas gift) Berquential Circinger Pro-1 at the same time.

I love the idea of being able to play around with sequencers without a screen of any kind.

I've ordered one. My children can eat next month :lol:

• @klownshed said:
    50% off end of year sale (including the Mono station) ends today

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/categories/end-of-year-sale

At least until the next sale. ;-)

got it :-) lot of fun and excellent sound, massive round baseses, great aggressive leads.. good invested money..

• edited January 2020

@klownshed said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@klownshed said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@auxmux said:

Nope.

:-)

I've been watching a lot of videos about it recently (do the plant pots next to the Mono station in most of the videos come with it? ;-).

I started off thinking 'what's the point in this?" but having the sequencer integrated makes it appear amazing for evolving riffs. Patch flip on every beat is crazy! There are some good demos of it being used as a drum machine.

It can also sequence my (xmas gift) Berquential Circinger Pro-1 at the same time.

I love the idea of being able to play around with sequencers without a screen of any kind.

I've ordered one. My children can eat next month :lol:

haha.... I really like mine, the sequencer(s) are really flexible and have some great timing options.
    I have been doing stuff like using the internal sequencer to sequence OSC 1 for an analogue kick, and then muting OSC 2 and using it's sequencer to sequence my BassStation II, it is a pretty flexible machine from that point of view. The automation sequencing is pretty damn good too .. I think if i had 5 of these things I could find a use for all of them :)
    Patch flip is great for using it like a drum machine, however, the one annoying thing I've found, once you are patch flipping, the automation recording suddenly becomes a lot harder as each 'flip' of a patch resets to the parameters for that patch, which itself is useful in other situations :)

• Update from my post months ago...
    Went to London, bought a Mono Station...

• @AndyPlankton
    Yeah, I found that also quite unfortunate, I just run the the audio through external FX.

• Hey, you know what would be a cool update?
    If the sequencer advances automatically when you enter a note (play button not activated) instead of having to select every step each time. I think this would make entering notes much more fluid.
    What do ya'll think? I wanna submit that as an update request.

• @DatGood said:
    Hey, you know what would be a cool update?
    If the sequencer advances automatically when you enter a note (play button not activated) instead of having to select every step each time. I think this would make entering notes much more fluid.
    What do ya'll think? I wanna submit that as an update request.

Yeah that sounds like it would be a neat way to enter notes, same for the regular circuit too.

• Just tweeted the suggestion and they replied in acknowledgement. Hope it's truly considered.
    Also asked for increased bank storage and colour coding patches.

• Ooooh, Bass Station II is $90 off through the end of the month. I think I'll grab one of those after I recover from some binge shopping rather than the Mono.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Discontinued.....

Has there yet been an official statement? I asked at the Popup in Shoreditch and I was told that it's not discontinued (at least not at that time, last month).

• I’m very disappointed that Novation put the names alongside knobs, switches and sliders. How can they call this a Circuit?

• i dont care, i have a new sounds for it)

• Looks like you can’t get a Circuit anymore either. Maybe I should get mine on eBay quickly while it’s the only place you can get them is second hand. I haven’t been using mine lately. I wonder if Novation is making something new, as the Circuit is very popular.

• @DMan said:
    Looks like you can’t get a Circuit anymore either. Maybe I should get mine on eBay quickly while it’s the only place you can get them is second hand. I haven’t been using mine lately. I wonder if Novation is making something new, as the Circuit is very popular.

They are apparently, a Circuit Rhythm and a Circuit Tracks or something.