Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Red Shrike 42 FREE Presets by Spidericemidas

Comments

• @marmakin said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@_mwallace said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    I can only wonder if it’s an issue within 13 itself, or if Ice Gear need to patch an update for import/export compatibility with 13.

The 13.1.3 update didn’t resolve the import issue, but it’s most certainly an Apple Files bug since @dpeace was able to successfully load it in 13.2 beta. I think I heard somewhere that the 13.2 update won’t be released to the public for around another month.

Thanks for the thoughts and info.
    OS updates seem to be occuring thick and fast recently. It feels like one minute everything is working. Next minute loads of things are broken. Next minute some things are working again...only to be broken again by another update.

It’s the first time recently in my three years on iOS that I’ve felt this platform is really becomming very precarious and unstable/unreliable as a sustainable and legitimate music making tool, which is why I’m still holding my iPad on 12.3 where everything I have and need is working correctly and consistently as it should. I’ve never held out before for so long on accepting an OS update as I currently am re: iOS13. I have over 40 music making app updates pending from the last week or so (mostly referencing iOS13), which I have no confidence to go ahead and accept.

Too many interuptions and obstacles increasing in frequency to the functionality of things. I’m glad this is just a hobby for me, and not my profession.

I hope things get ironed out and settle down soon.

Just my own two cents but I think things are a bit unsteady now because 13 was the biggest change in a very long time. IPadOS seems to have really delivered on stronger music app performance, not to mention the more obvious changes like the UI and external storage etc. I think iOS music making is starting to really take off in a more public way. Just ask Madlib haha.

Thank you for your awesome presets and what you do for the community. Very inspiring! 😎

Hey hey! Thanks for the thoughtful reply and reassuring comments about the platform! That’s something I needed to hear from someone! 😊👍🙏

Oh, and glad you like the presets. Next stop: Mersenne!

Yeah I hope things continue to improve and get straightened out for the new OS.
    It must be a lot of EXTRA work for the app. devs too, to keep all their current products working on the latest OS updates, as well as creating new products.

A while ago I had also been thinking of getting a new iPad Pro...until I kept reading a load of negative comments on the Forum about various issues with them. So that has put me off as well.

So I’m currently just staying where I am right now with an iPad Pro from 2016 on iOS12.3, and I will be keeping an eye on the latest devices and OS, waiting for more info on the fixes etc, and then I will catch up again! 👊😊 (I must admit, screen recording in stereo with voiceover DOES sound awesome and tempting!) 😉

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@lasselu said:
    I'm really looking forward to hear what you can do with Mersenne!

Yeah! I’m only 5 patches into Mersenne so far and already overwhelmed with choices/possibilities and I’m just realising the incredible scope and power of this thing!

How did I overlook this one for so long?! 😲

It’s designed to be a more percussive style synth, really great for plucks, bells and mallets, but I’m also squeezing some nice pads out of it too.

It’s really suited to ambient sounds and atmos. Loving it already. 😍🎹🎛🕷

Thanks for the bank, still working on loading it, might try iMazing to load the bank

Glad you’re into Mersenne now, can’t wait to hear what you do with it-

Mersenne has totally blown my mind this evening. It’s a beautiful thing! There’s so much good stuff can be done with it! 😲😋

Looking forward to your design skills with Mersenne! I'd like to use that app more ...

If you are on an icegear roll, then perhaps also have a look at the resonator in Laplace? :smile:

• @bleep said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@lasselu said:
    I'm really looking forward to hear what you can do with Mersenne!

Yeah! I’m only 5 patches into Mersenne so far and already overwhelmed with choices/possibilities and I’m just realising the incredible scope and power of this thing!

How did I overlook this one for so long?! 😲

It’s designed to be a more percussive style synth, really great for plucks, bells and mallets, but I’m also squeezing some nice pads out of it too.

It’s really suited to ambient sounds and atmos. Loving it already. 😍🎹🎛🕷

Thanks for the bank, still working on loading it, might try iMazing to load the bank

Glad you’re into Mersenne now, can’t wait to hear what you do with it-

Mersenne has totally blown my mind this evening. It’s a beautiful thing! There’s so much good stuff can be done with it! 😲😋

Looking forward to your design skills with Mersenne! I'd like to use that app more ...

If you are on an icegear roll, then perhaps also have a look at the resonator in Laplace? :smile:

I was up ‘til 3am last night on Mersenne, I couldn’t put it down, it’s that good!! Really quite pleased with what’s coming out of this particular excercise.

Yeah, I’ll likely have a go with all the Icegear synths. I’ve overlooked them in the past, but I’m in the mood for them right now.

• These are lovely. Thank you!

Do you have a thread or somewhere where all your amazing presets are linked in one place?

Cheers

• @SpookyZoo said:
    These are lovely. Thank you!

Do you have a thread or somewhere where all your amazing presets are linked in one place?

Cheers

Hmm. That’s a good idea. I should do something like that. I could post a thread. Or I wonder if I could post them on my profile here, as threads disappear quickly a long way back in the chain of thread history here.

I’m getting stuck into making a bank on Mersenne too. Maybe when it’s time to post that one, I’ll also see about setting up a thread or something to get them all into one place.

😊👍🙏🕷

• edited October 2019

@Spidericemidas said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Cheers

Hmm. That’s a good idea. I should do something like that. I could post a thread. Or I wonder if I could post them on my profile here, as threads disappear quickly a long way back in the chain of thread history here.

I’m getting stuck into making a bank on Mersenne too. Maybe when it’s time to post that one, I’ll also see about setting up a thread or something to get them all into one place.

😊👍🙏🕷

Sounds good!

Off the top of your head, can you remember which synths you’ve done presets for so far?

I think I remember banks for Mitosynth, Kauldron Kaspar?

• I just hope, that Apple knows and will fix things.

Or maybe they don't know or dont' care?!?

• edited October 2019

@SpookyZoo said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Cheers

😊👍🙏🕷

Sounds good!

Off the top of your head, can you remember which synths you’ve done presets for so far?

I think I remember banks for Mitosynth, Kauldron?

2 banks for Mitosynth.

2 banks for Sunrizer (1 is available from the web library in Sunrizer).

1 bank for Kaspar.

1 bank each for AudioKit’s Synth One, D1 and FM Player2 (those are now included with those synths courtesy of Matt Fetcher).

1 very large bank (157 presets) for Syntorial’s Primer which Joe made available in Primer’s library as an update.

I think that’s all so far. 😊

• @Spidericemidas said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Cheers

😊👍🙏🕷

Sounds good!

I think I remember banks for Mitosynth, Kauldron?

2 banks for Mitosynth.

2 banks for Sunrizer (1 is available from the web library in Sunrizer).

1 bank for Kaspar.

1 bank each for AudioKit’s Synth One, D1 and FM Player2 (those are now included with those synths courtesy of Matt Fetcher).

1 very large bank (157 presets) for Syntorial’s Primer which Joe made available in Primer’s library as an update.

I think that’s all so far. 😊

Good stuff! Thanks.

• iOS 13.2.3 still having problems with the files app sharing options if you hit the 3 dots then share it brings up a list of apps Red Strike is not listed. If you select more, it only shows a list of app “favourites” not all capable apps unlike the old system.

So there has to be a way to list a app that has “open in” capability as a “favourite” stumped if I can find it though.

@Samu to the rescue maybe 😀

• edited October 2019

Honestly what we should do is get @Spidericemidas a copy of NanoStudio 2 and have him go wild making some dream patches for Obsidian we can then all purchase for a nice little fee. Do you have NanoStudio 2 Spidericemidas?

If not...is this something you might be interested in? After hearing what you’ve done with the AudioKit gear i can only image the lush goodness you’d create in a synth like Obsidian.

• @echoopera said:
    Honestly what we should do is get @Spidericemidas a copy of NanoStudio 2 and have him go wild making some dream patches for Obsidian we can then all purchase for a nice little fee. Do you have NanoStudio 2 Spidericemidas?

If not...is this something you might be interested in? After hearing what you’ve done with the AudioKit gear i can only image the lush goodness you’d create in a synth like Obsidian.

Great idea!

• @echoopera said:

Oh yeah. I’ve had NS2 since it first dropped. But I haven’t actually used it yet! Lol 😲🙄
    I think we’re still waiting for the audio tracks update for it, aren’t we?

So I haven’t actually looked inside NS2 yet, but yeah I’m always seeing a lot of references and good words about Obsidian. I’ll have to take a looksie at it.

So many good synths and things to play with right now on iOS, and too little time! I grabbed LaGrange this morning. Ooh it looks like a fun playground! 🤪🤤

• edited October 2019

@Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

Oh yeah. I’ve had NS2 since it first dropped. But I haven’t actually used it yet! Lol 😲🙄

So I haven’t actually looked inside NS2 yet, but yeah I’m always seeing a lot of references and good words about Obsidian. I’ll have to take a looksie at it.

So many good synths and things to play with right now on iOS, and too little time! I grabbed LaGrange this morning. Ooh it looks like a fun playground! 🤪🤤

Mate! I think once you open Obsidian you won’t want to come up for air for a while. It’s deep. Approachable and so lush.

Here are a couple vids to get the synapses firing:

If you make some Patches for NS2 you will have us clamoring for more 👊🏼™️💕

• @echoopera said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

Mate! I think once you open Obsidian you won’t want to come up for air for a while. It’s deep. Approachable and so lush.

Oh sweet! Thanks for those! Perfect for familiarising myself with it. Sounds like another deep Rabbit hole awaits! 😃

• @Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

Oh sweet! Thanks for those! Perfect for familiarising myself with it. Sounds like another deep Rabbit hole awaits! 😃

So said the caterpillar:

• @echoopera said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

So said the caterpillar:

One of my favourite books! Now there’s a cool idea right there for theming my next soundbank on! 🤪🎩🐇⏰🍄☕️😸🐛♣️♥️♠️♦️

• @Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

So said the caterpillar:

One of my favourite books! Now there’s a cool idea right there for theming my next soundbank on! 🤪🎩🐇⏰🍄☕️😸🐛♣️♥️♠️♦️

Good idea you can create the obsidian patches and call them the Jabberwocky kit

• Working now with iPadOS 13.n. Ice works released an update for Redshrike...sweetness flows from the synth now. Thanks for these 🙏🏼💕 @Spidericemidas

• Great glad ice gear fixed the problem. Download this and the others. Hopefully @brambos can fix Noir so I can get Electronic Sounds free presets.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Great glad ice gear fixed the problem. Download this and the others. Hopefully @brambos can fix Noir so I can get Electronic Sounds free presets.

What's the problem there? I've been able to import them without any problems and just

• @Spidericemidas:
    Thank you so much for these; they are absolutely gorgeous. I was stuck with the beauty of the first one (Aerial Procession) alone for half a hour of noodling, before I could even advance to the second preset.

Thank god the weekend has begun...

• @Jumpercollins Yes, I can confirm that NOIR does not have the same problem as the iceWorks synths, and also they have all just been updated to fix this and the import now works as it should 😊

• @echoopera said:
    Working now with iPadOS 13.n. Ice works released an update for Redshrike...sweetness flows from the synth now. Thanks for these 🙏🏼💕 @Spidericemidas

Yes!!! 😃👍

• edited October 2019

@LeonKowalski said:
    @Spidericemidas:
    Thank you so much for these; they are absolutely gorgeous. I was stuck with the beauty of the first one (Aerial Procession) alone for half a hour of noodling, before I could even advance to the second preset.

Thank god the weekend has begun...

Sweet! 👊😎

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Great glad ice gear fixed the problem. Download this and the others. Hopefully @brambos can fix Noir so I can get Electronic Sounds free presets.

Not sure what I need to fix?

• edited October 2019

@brambos Apologies it seems to be working now I've updated to the latest ipad OS had problems 2 days ago, Noir wasn't showing up.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @brambos Apologies it seems to be working now I've updated to the latest ipad OS had problams 2 days ago, Noir wasn't showing up.

Ok, good to hear! :)

• edited October 2019

As always, these sound great.
    Thanks so much.

• edited October 2019

@Spidericemidas

Good job, pretty good presets !

Regarding iOS13 issue - you need to delete Redshrike and install it again, then it works. Looks like updating iOS12->13 deletes file association for Redshrike patch bank, just reinstalling app fixes this issue...