Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Red Shrike 42 FREE Presets by Spidericemidas

13»

Comments

• @Spidericemidas said:
    I’ve been noodling around with Red Shrike synth to get to know it more.
    It’s a pretty interesting and cool synth. So here are some presets I’ve come up with so far. Thought I’d share them here for anyone interested.

BUT, here is the catch! Heads up! I sent this link first to Doug at TheSoundTestRoom who is on iOS13.1.2 and he simply could not get the “open in” from Dropbox to work.

However, I’m still on iOS12.3 and I’ve tested this link myself multiple times and it is working absolutely FINE for me, and also for others I know who have Red Shrike and have not yet updated from 12 to 13. Therefore the conclusion is that there must be some kind of issue with Files app on iOS13(?) preventing the “open in” from Dropbox process working correctly, as Red Shrike was not showing as the destination app for Doug. But it was showing up just fine for me on iOS12.3.

So, a warning in advance to pre-empt the inevitable confusions and frustrations. This link is working PERFECTLY for me and others still on iOS12.3, but it is NOT working for Doug on iOS13.1.2.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone using this link, which OS they are on, and if they experience any “open in” issues or not.

Cheers.

🕷

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fpenjeg32ud5u3/Spidericemidas.redshrike_snd_pack?dl=0

How exactly did you do this, please?

Longpress on the link and then you can choose the Files App?
    Or first opening the link and going to the website of Dropbox and continue from there?

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@tja said:
    How exactly did you do this, please?

Longpress on the link and then you can choose the Files App?
    Or first opening the link and going to the website of Dropbox and continue from there?

Yes.

• These import fine for me now on iOS 13.1.2 after the recent iceworks app updates.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    As always, these sound great.
    Thanks so much.

Cheers! 👊😊

• A yes to an or question? ;)

The first way just does not work for me on i*OS 13.
    And the second way strangely opens the dropbox App now, instead of the website.
    But there i can save to Files, finally!

From OneDrive or from AudioShare there is still no way to get the presets into Redshrike or Mersenne for me.
    Even tried OneDrive in the sidebar and then drag an drop.

• @dendy said:
    @Spidericemidas

Good job, pretty good presets !

Regardinh iOS13 issue - you newd to delete Redshrike and install it again, then it works. Looks loke updatimg iOS12->13 deletes file association for Redshrike patch bank, just reinstalling app fixes this issue...

Cheers!

I think everything is ok now since Icegear just issued some updates. 😊

• @tja said:
    A yes to an or question? ;)

From OneDrive or from AudioShare there is still no way to get the presets into Redshrike or Mersenne for me.

I believe Icegear/works just issued updates to their synths so everything should be working as normal now. 😃👍

• @Spidericemidas said:

@tja said:

I believe Icegear/works just issued updates to their synths so everything should be working as normal now. 😃👍

I installed those update, which was the reason why i asked how this can now work, exactly.
    For me, not :#

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@tja said:

For me both work, so:

if ( success(airdrop) = TRUE ) or ( success(FilesApp) = TRUE ) then
         answer[tja] = TRUE
     endif

• @tja said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@tja said:

I installed those update, which was the reason why i asked how this can now work, exactly.
    For me, not :#

Hmm...have you tried deleting Redshrike and reinstalling it? BUT, if you do, please just make sure to back up any of your own presets to dropbox or something before you delete and reinstall the synth.

• edited October 2019

It finally worked for me after the update. But wasn’t as straightforward as usual. After saved to Dropbox, “export”, then “open in”, then “more”, then “copy to Redshrike”.

Thanks 🙏 for these!

• @skiphunt said:
    It finally worked for me after the update. But wasn’t as straightforward as usual. After saved to Dropbox, “export”, then “open in”, then “more”, then “copy to Redshrike”.

Thanks 🙏 for these!

Great! Looks like an extra import step was needed there, but glad to hear it worked! 😊👍

• FYI for me it was very easy. Save to Dropbox. Then go to files app and just click on the saved file in the Dropbox folder. Took me right to the synth with the new presets installed in a new user folder. Super easy!

• @marmakin said:
    FYI for me it was very easy. Save to Dropbox. Then go to files app and just click on the saved file in the Dropbox folder. Took me right to the synth with the new presets installed in a new user folder. Super easy!

That’s weird. It took the extra steps on both my iPhone and iPad. I’m running iOS 13.1.3

What are you running?

• @marmakin said:
    FYI for me it was very easy. Save to Dropbox. Then go to files app and just click on the saved file in the Dropbox folder. Took me right to the synth with the new presets installed in a new user folder. Super easy!

1) Note about dropbox and downloads

I dont want to save anything to dropbox.
    I just dont need it there.

Dropbox offers the download via website, so it should be possible to download where you want, without cluttering things in dropbox!

2) Sharing to Redshrike and Mersenne

I only tried to „share“ the files to Redshrike or Mersenne, as we are used to.
    I did not simple click on the files, as you wrote above.
    So, i tried:

First, i opened the OneDrive App, but neither „share to“ nor „open in other App“ offer any way to get the presets into the Synths.
    Frustrating.

Then, i tried the File App and opened the OneDrive document provider (is that the right name?) and now, as already indicated by the Icon Graphic of the Synths on their presets, this worked!

Just tapping the preset file opened the Synths and imported the presets!

This was unexpected.

That would mean, that we always need to use the Files App to access anything, as this is your best bet to get the file used.

• @skiphunt Im on 13.1.3

@tja Yes the common thread here is ultimately using Files to browse to the saved presets file (no matter where you saved it) and then simply tapping on the file icon to open from there.

Hope this is nice and easy for everyone else too!

• This is great. Thanks, Spider.