Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Knorr by Klevgränd produkter AB

2»

Comments

• Is this the type of effect that would make a subbass heard on cheap tinny speakers?

• @RockySmalls said:

it says “ for mono signals “. have you noticed if it ‘mono-izes’ signals first , or does it need an ‘ un-widener ‘ before it in the signal chain... or does it actually handle stereo signals aok?

I think it’s referring to monophonic instruments. Just a guess but I am guessing part of the algorithm will boost the current playing frequency or other related harmonics. Polyphony would get too muddy.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Is there a reason I can’t achieve this with effects I already have?

This.

Anyone?

• @Daveypoo said:

@JackDwyerburger said:
    Is there a reason I can’t achieve this with effects I already have?

This.

Anyone?

Well, I’ve got buyers regret, the. Yes, it makes a difference, but I could have made more of a difference using the other million other apps I’ve got. I’d say only buy it if you’re really into convenience. Otherwise, probably not worth it for most. But maybe someone will tell me I’m wrong, which is welcome.

• I don’t understand why the range is so limited? For a bass enhancer it doesn’t seem to go very low.

• edited October 2019

I really hope Klevgrand's guys will start again producing music apps instead of this kind of effects...

• @bcrichards said:

@RockySmalls said:

it says “ for mono signals “. have you noticed if it ‘mono-izes’ signals first , or does it need an ‘ un-widener ‘ before it in the signal chain... or does it actually handle stereo signals aok?

I think it’s referring to monophonic instruments. Just a guess but I am guessing part of the algorithm will boost the current playing frequency or other related harmonics. Polyphony would get too muddy.

ah! i see.. that probably makes more sense. i seem to always be mixing up monophonic with ‘monophonic’ .. mono á mono!

• @RockySmalls although I didn’t answer your actual question around how this treats stereo signals. Sorry!

• @bcrichards said:
    @RockySmalls although I didn’t answer your actual question around how this treats stereo signals. Sorry!

nay prob,,, i’m not jumping in on this one unless someone demonstrates some ‘unique’ function .. the Stark Amp put paid to Klevgrs straight run of purchases round these here parts ! :)

• @richardyot said:
    Looks great! I often try to dirty up a bass line without adding mud, this looks just the ticket.

Did you end up trying this? It’s on sale now, and although this thread is not enthusiastic I was wondering how people have liked it.
    Thanks

• edited December 2019

@bato said:

@richardyot said:
    Looks great! I often try to dirty up a bass line without adding mud, this looks just the ticket.

Did you end up trying this? It’s on sale now, and although this thread is not enthusiastic I was wondering how people have liked it.
    Thanks

I haven't tried it but looking back to the time when we had dbx bass enhancers with sub-harmonic synthesis, my conclusion is that beefing up the low range with classic synthesis methods is usually a better way to build a solid bass foundation, be it kick drums, bass lines or other thin-sounding instruments. A tiny dose of sine waves (or simple 2-OP FM) can sometimes do wonders, and when prepared on a separate DAW track, everything is under much better control that any algorithm would be able to detect, not to mention personal taste.

Edit: If you're after the mid range overtone boost, I'd say you can do that with the Toneboosters EQ by using dynamic EQ bands.

• Probably, the worst of all the Klevgrands

• @bato said:

@richardyot said:

Thanks

I did, no regrets here - it can be quite useful to help get the bass to stick out in a mix. Toneboosters Enhancer can also serve a similar purpose but is more versatile, however Knorr is a bit easier to use and get your hear around.