Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Knorr by Klevgränd produkter AB

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1482079319

Description:

Knorr is a plugin that adds intensity and edge to a monophonic low frequency audio source (like a bass). The algorithm adds overtones to an existing sound in a way that isn’t possible with ordinary distortion or filtering.

The Knorr Algorithm

The underlying algorithm uses a combination of filtering, amplitude- , and frequency modulation to process incoming audio. Although Knorr is developed with bass sounds in mind, it can be used on any monophonic sound source as long as there is audio content available in the low mids (and below).

User interface

XY Pad - Controls the bandwidth and amount of energy sent to the algorithm. Click and drag to move the marker.

Range (X-axis) - Sets a low pass filter frequency of the signal to be sent to the algorithm. Spans from 100 Hz to 1 kHz.
Level (Y-axis) - Sets the level of the low passed audio content.

Bite (SOFT, MEDIUM, HARD) - Alters the amount of intensity of the modulations.

Output - Sets the output level.

Bypass - Turns the effect on or off.

Frequency Response graph - Shows the frequency response of the internal modulation signal.

Note that Knorr is a AUv3 only and and needs to be launched via a AUv3 compatible host like GarageBand, Cubasis, Auria or similar. It will not work as a stand alone application.

More info, audio samples etc available at https://klevgrand.se/products/knorr

Comments

• Not a single thing bout this online. Hrmm

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    Not a single thing bout this online. Hrmm

There’s a video:

• Looks great! I often try to dirty up a bass line without adding mud, this looks just the ticket.

• Awesome thankyou! Guess I was pronounci...er, spelling it wrong

• I wonder how long they can keep that name :D

• Knorr lawyers:
    “Ok this is fine. You stay outta pasta and rice sides, and Knorr, you don’t code DSP ever”

handshake

Then everyone celebrates with garlic butter rice and some Brusfri.

• @Samu said:
    I wonder how long they can keep that name :D

doesn’t seem to be a swedish word as I thought ... nearest i can find is Afrikaans .. ‘Knor’ means Growling, which sounds appropriate! :)
    if the gravy granules guys come for them Kleverb can just drop an ‘R’ ....

• @RockySmalls said:

doesn’t seem to be a swedish word as I thought ...

'Knorr' is the name used for pigs tail in Sweden and the Icon somewhat resembles that :D

• @Samu said:

@RockySmalls said:

'Knorr' is the name used for pigs tail in Sweden and the Icon somewhat resembles that :D

ah! google translate doesn’t seem to know that fact..
    plus! it puts a whole new perspective on what stock cubes are made of :)

• iPad only? I wonder why they didn't make it universal?

• Aesthetically speaking, klevgrand produces some of the most beautiful and ugliest plugins I can remember... this one is in the second group.

• Maybe, but for us musicians who aren’t too up on studio/ tech stuff this has just nicely lifted a bass out of the mix for me. Probably beginners luck but it works exceptionally well to my ears. I’ll be using it a lot!

@Faland said:
    Aesthetically speaking, klevgrand produces some of the most beautiful and ugliest plugins I can remember... this one is in the second group.

• Wasn't there some Harmonic Exciter App, is this similar?

• @Samu said:
    I wonder how long they can keep that name :D

Unless Klevgrand gets into the stock-cube game, they should be fine!

• @icsleepers said:
    Knorr lawyers:
    “Ok this is fine. You stay outta pasta and rice sides, and Knorr, you don’t code DSP ever”

handshake

God how I wish this was the way the world worked.

• @icsleepers said:
    Knorr lawyers:

handshake

+1

• They've got the KNowhow.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@icsleepers said:
    Knorr lawyers:

handshake

+1

when Klevgr. bring out the Bisto Granule Au3 ... everyone will say Aaaaaaaaaah!

• And I Thought this app was a pretzel shaping tool

• @Samu said:

@RockySmalls said:

It's not just the piggys tale. It's also to put a twisted end to something. Or the finished taste to food can sometimes be the final spicying with a "knorr".

• @marcuspresident said:

It's not just the piggys tale. It's also to put a twisted end to something. Or the finished taste to food can sometimes be the final spicying with a "knorr".

Yepp, sista knorren på maten...
    Regarding the app itself it can be used for anything that needs a kick at the low-end.

• @Samu said:

@marcuspresident said:

Yepp, sista knorren på maten...
    Regarding the app itself it can be used for anything that needs a kick at the low-end.

it says “ for mono signals “. have you noticed if it ‘mono-izes’ signals first , or does it need an ‘ un-widener ‘ before it in the signal chain... or does it actually handle stereo signals aok?

• @RockySmalls said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@icsleepers said:
    Knorr lawyers:

handshake

+1

Bisto Granular?

• @audio_DT said:

@RockySmalls said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@icsleepers said:
    Knorr lawyers:

handshake

+1

Bisto Granular?

Au Jus ! :)

• edited October 2019

Sounds kinda like a compressed resonance filter

• Just tried it. Not bad. I’m not surprised it’s not announced with much fanfare because it’s a very mild effect. Even still, though, the effect is useful and has beefed up an otherwise pretty lame Model D bass I had in a track.

• My initial impression is meh. I’ve only tried it in a couple tracks though, and not on a real bass guitar

• Is there a reason I can’t achieve this with effects I already have?

• Shame this isn’t universal

• Interesting plugin....

I might be waiting until Toneboostesr releases their enhancer for ios - if they do, it can do the same with the multi-band exciter and octave doubler....