Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Request new Mozaic Scripts *HERE*

Comments

• edited June 2021

@_ki said:
    @slicetwo

With a trick ‚mis-using‘ the NoteName function, Moazic can display the letters A-G. To add the H, an extra IF was needed:

Exchange all 3 occurences of the line
    LabelKnob 0,{Bank }, (bank + 1) or LabelKnob knob,{Bank }, (bank + 1)
    with
    Call @RedrawBankKnob

And add the following user-function

@RedrawBankKnob
      if bank = 7
        LabelKnob 0,{Bank H}
      else
        ABCDEFG = [9,11,0,2,4,5,7]    
        LabelKnob 0,{Bank }, (NoteName ABCDEFG[bank], NO)
      endif
    @End

BTW: The first occurence of the LabelKnob 0 inside the If Unassigned isn‘t needed, as the knob label is set afterwards

Absolutely MENTAL! This is amazing. You and @wim are wonderful. Thank you!

The only other thing I need to figure out how is how to get a knob to choose the MIDI channel instead of having to do it through the code. I looked at a bunch of different scripts that had a knob for choosing the channel, but I couldn't find enough similarities between the way it was implemented to really understand what's going on. I'm going to keep digging and see if I can figure it out.

If you two are alright with it, I'd like to post this on PatchStorage. I'm changing the description to give y'all credit. If you'd rather I didn't, for whatever reason, no worries!

• No problem here. Post away. No need to give credit for my part - I spent at most 15 minutes. 👍🏼

• _ki_ki
    edited July 2021

@slicetwo Publishing on PatchStorage is a good idea. No need for special credits.

To add a channel selection knob you need to modify two places:

In @OnLoad

• change the line LabelKnob 2, { }
      to LabelKnob 2, {Channel },ch+1

and in @OnKnobChange

• add the following code before the endif :

elseif knob = 2
        ch = Round (TranslateScale val, 0,127, 0,15)
        LabelKnob 2, {Channel },ch+1

You should also add the following two lines to the @OnLoad after initializing the knob labels:

SetKnobValue 0, TranslateScale bank, 0,7, 0,127
      SetKnobValue 2, TranslateScale ch, 0,15, 0,127

This will restore the correct knob positions when a session is reloaded.

• wimwim
    edited July 2021

@_ki said:

SetKnobValue 0, TranslateScale bank, 0,7, 0,127
      SetKnobValue 2, TranslateScale ch, 0,15, 0,127

This will restore the correct knob positions when a session is reloaded.

That last part isn't needed. The knob positions are stored as part of the session.
    Should be in the if Unassigned init ... endif section though.

• _ki_ki
    edited July 2021

@wim Oh cool, didn‘t notice that.

Only knew that labels are stored. My scripts often re-use kobs, so a knob-position and label restore is something i‘ll add out of habit I guess.

Out of curiosity i just checked what info in addition to the variables is restored when re-loading a session:

• Pad labels, color, latch-state
    • Knob labels and position
    • XY position
    • Title label above pads, knobs, XY
    • Layout

so basically everything of the UI except for the ShortName.

This means that the initial setup of the UI could go into the if Unassigned xxx ... endif section, all other redraws are then issued when interacting. But since this unnecessary redraw only happens once in the OnLoad during session restore, there‘s no real performance gain in changing any of the existing scripts.

And while i was on it, i checked on some other aspects:

• RootName and Scale are saved and restored
    • LFO settings are not stored
    • Timer settings/state are not stored

BTW: Just added this info to the Mozaic Tips and Tricks wiki page

• Thanks @wim and @_ki. Worked like a charm. I uploaded it to Patchstorage and may or may not have thanked you in it ;)

• Hi friends! Another idea/request here: I imagine a MIDI note repeater but with independent rate for each key, so f.e. Holding C notes have a retrigger rate of 1/2 and Fs 1/3... would be great for polyrhythms. There is a script for note probability for each note ( https://patchstorage.com/note-probability-with-octaves/ ) , that would be something like that but with time divisions and re triggering notes. Of course the script would be expanded with randomization, async rates...

• I’ve download a patch from patch storage but how do I load into AUV3 version? Ta

• The usual kludge is to load into standalone, then it becomes visible in the AUv3 version.

• @NimboStratus said:
    I’ve download a patch from patch storage but how do I load into AUV3 version? Ta

Select "copy to mozaic" from the share sheet. You can get to the share sheet in several ways. One is to find the file in your downloads folder then long-press.

• Hi guys don’t know if this possible? I am presently experimenting with Miditrol which can link a game controller to send midi signals to the ipad. I use an Xbox One controller which works fine if the Miditrol is used as a slide over window in AUM. It cannot midi learn. Is it possible to use this with mozaic? With a special script? Just wondering. Thanks for your time.

• @Toastedghost said:
    Hi guys don’t know if this possible? I am presently experimenting with Miditrol which can link a game controller to send midi signals to the ipad. I use an Xbox One controller which works fine if the Miditrol is used as a slide over window in AUM. It cannot midi learn. Is it possible to use this with mozaic? With a special script? Just wondering. Thanks for your time.

If AUM can see it, you can route miditrol through Mozaic AUv3.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Hi guys don’t know if this possible? I am presently experimenting with Miditrol which can link a game controller to send midi signals to the ipad. I use an Xbox One controller which works fine if the Miditrol is used as a slide over window in AUM. It cannot midi learn. Is it possible to use this with mozaic? With a special script? Just wondering. Thanks for your time.

There is the problem in a nutshell AUM cant see.
    Though apps like trouble maker respond great, prehaps this is because their CCs were defined originally.

• @Toastedghost said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

Though apps like trouble maker respond great, prehaps this is because their CCs were defined originally.

AUM doesn't show the Miditrol in its MIDI matrix?

Does Miditrol have configuration options? How does Troublemaker get its MIDI from Miditrol -- i.e. how did you select Miditrol as a MIDI source for Troublemaker?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

Does Miditrol have configuration options? How does Troublemaker get its MIDI from Miditrol -- i.e. how did you select Miditrol as a MIDI source for Troublemaker?

I simply routed AUM to it. Though I believe that since Troublemaker already has CC controls defined that is why it works.

• @Toastedghost said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

I simply routed AUM to it. Though I believe that since Troublemaker already has CC controls defined that is why it works.

I still don't understand. Does MIDITrol show up in AUM's MIDI matrix or not?

In order to help you figure out why it isn't working, it would be helpful to get a better understanding of what is going on. So, it would be helpful to know:

• Does MIDItrol show up in AUM's midi matrix?
  • Sorry for being obscure. No miditrol is not shown in AUM matrix nor does it appear when I conduct a scan in M1 Korg, the other bluetooth devices appear.

• heshes
    edited July 2021

@Toastedghost said:
    Sorry for being obscure. No miditrol is not shown in AUM matrix nor does it appear when I conduct a scan in M1 Korg, the other bluetooth devices appear.

"Other bluetooth devices" . . . ? If you're trying to connect your miditrol via Bluetooth to AUM then you need to manually create the connection in AUM's Settings menu. Bring up the menu choices by clicking on hamburger lines icon in upper right of AUM, choose 'Settings', then go all the way down to the bottom to the 'Bluetooth Midi' section. You have to connect your Bluetooth device there before AUM will show it in the AUM midi matrix.

• @Toastedghost said:
    Sorry for being obscure. No miditrol is not shown in AUM matrix nor does it appear when I conduct a scan in M1 Korg, the other bluetooth devices appear.

When you say that MidiTrol can control Troublemaker, are you running Troublemaker as a standalone or in AUM?

I am trying to understand how it can impact Troublemaker if AUM can't see it.

Does Miditrol have a setup panel where it shows MIDI destinations and lets you target them?

Some apps (like AUM) expose an input port but not their output port -- and there are workarounds for that.

• @hes said:

@Toastedghost said:

"Other bluetooth devices" . . . ? If you're trying to connect your miditrol via Bluetooth to AUM then you need to manually create the connection in AUM's Settings menu. Bring up the menu choices by clicking on hamburger lines icon in upper right of AUM, choose 'Settings', then go all the way down to the bottom to the 'Bluetooth Midi' section. You have to connect your Bluetooth device there before AUM will show it in the AUM midi matrix.

Yes it is connected via bluetooth and does appear as a game controller.
    I can see the virtual dials moving on the slideabled window menu of Miditrol.
    Though the controller is not visible in the AUM matrix.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

When you say that MidiTrol can control Troublemaker, are you running Troublemaker as a standalone or in AUM?

Does Miditrol have a setup panel where it shows MIDI destinations and lets you target them?

Some apps (like AUM) expose an input port but not their output port -- and there are workarounds for that.

Yes Miditrol has setup control menu, it shows the individual control buttons and reveals CC and channel info. Troublemaker is open in Aum and I have routed AUM to Troublemaker.

• @Toastedghost said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

Yes Miditrol has setup control menu, it shows the individual control buttons and reveals CC and channel info. Troublemaker is open in Aum and I have routed AUM to Troublemaker.

Can you please send a screenshot of the MIDI Matrix?

What you are saying suggests that what is happening is that Miditrol is sending to the AUM virtual midi port but isn't exposing its own output port.

Do you have a MIDI monitor plug (such as the MIDI Tools MIDI Monitor or streambyter)? If Troublemaker is in AUM and responding to it, it means that AUM is receiving MIDI from it. Which means that Mozaic would receive MIDI from it.

Also, check all the Miditrol configuration windows/panels -- there may be one in which the MIDI Destination is set. From what you describe the Miditrol app acts as a go-between -- so, you make connections through it not Bluetooth (that's my guess anyway).

Once you get a MIDI monitor set up, we can figure out what is going on and why you are having trouble with MIDi Learn.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

Can you please send a screenshot of the MIDI Matrix?

What you are saying suggests that what is happening is that Miditrol is sending to the AUM virtual midi port but isn't exposing its own output port.

Do you have a MIDI monitor plug (such as the MIDI Tools MIDI Monitor or streambyter)? If Troublemaker is in AUM and responding to it, it means that AUM is receiving MIDI from it. Which means that Mozaic would receive MIDI from it.

Also, check all the Miditrol configuration windows/panels -- there may be one in which the MIDI Destination is set. From what you describe the Miditrol app acts as a go-between -- so, you make connections through it not Bluetooth (that's my guess anyway).

Once you get a MIDI monitor set up, we can figure out what is going on and why you are having trouble with MIDi Learn.

Ok here are 2 screen shot one of main window and the other of AUM Matrix.

Cheers guys slowly getting my head around this. I find I can map to apps providing I have the app routed to “AUM” set map midi, click on control in app but then most importantly press on the Miditrol slideable window.

• @Toastedghost : from what you describe, MidiTrol is sending to AUM's virtual MIDI port. So, if you want to use MIDI Learn, you should be able to choose that as the source for AUM's MIDI Learn.

If it is only working in slide over mode, check to see if the MIDItrol app has a background on/off toggle.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Toastedghost : from what you describe, MidiTrol is sending to AUM's virtual MIDI port. So, if you want to use MIDI Learn, you should be able to choose that as the source for AUM's MIDI Learn.

If it is only working in slide over mode, check to see if the MIDItrol app has a background on/off toggle.

It seems like there is probably something in MIDITrol that lets you select the MIDI port that it is sending to.

• edited July 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @Toastedghost : from what you describe, MidiTrol is sending to AUM's virtual MIDI port. So, if you want to use MIDI Learn, you should be able to choose that as the source for AUM's MIDI Learn.

It seems like there is probably something in MIDITrol that lets you select the MIDI port that it is sending to.

The only thing revealed in Miditrol apart from the buttons and their relativr CC controls is the OSC xboxOne,/1

• Hello folks. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for what I’d like to accomplish. I can edit templates in Mozaic but that’s the extent of my knowledge. I am looking for a simple 16 pad setup where all pads broadcast on a single midi channel but each one broadcasts a different value. I want to basically accomplish what was answered for me in the linked thread below where I am able to launch the same patterns in multiple poly2 but with Mozaic instead of a hardware controller.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/42164/need-help-with-poly-2-as-midi?

If there is already a template I can do this with I am unable to find it. All I’m seeing are program changes and chord pads.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• wimwim
    edited July 2021

@honkimon said:
    Hello folks. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for what I’d like to accomplish. I can edit templates in Mozaic but that’s the extent of my knowledge. I am looking for a simple 16 pad setup where all pads broadcast on a single midi channel but each one broadcasts a different value. I want to basically accomplish what was answered for me in the linked thread below where I am able to launch the same patterns in multiple poly2 but with Mozaic instead of a hardware controller.

If there is already a template I can do this with I am unable to find it. All I’m seeing are program changes and chord pads.

I'm not sure if you're looking to learn how to code something like this or for something pre-made. For one that's already made and is configurable (without coding) to any kind of midi message, see: https://patchstorage.com/basic-midi-controls/. Just configure the pads using the UI, then save the preset for reuse.

There are probably others that have simpler code if you're looking for something to learn from. @_ki has maintained a really handy wiki-index of the patches available on patchstorage.com. You might see something else that fits your needs there.

If you'd like to see some very simple scripting to do this, specify the types of values you want for the pads and if nobody else beats me to it, I'll post some example code.

• @wim said:

@honkimon said:
    Hello folks. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for what I’d like to accomplish. I can edit templates in Mozaic but that’s the extent of my knowledge. I am looking for a simple 16 pad setup where all pads broadcast on a single midi channel but each one broadcasts a different value. I want to basically accomplish what was answered for me in the linked thread below where I am able to launch the same patterns in multiple poly2 but with Mozaic instead of a hardware controller.

I'm not sure if you're looking to learn how to code something like this or for something pre-made. For one that's already made and is configurable (without coding) to any kind of midi message, see: https://patchstorage.com/basic-midi-controls/. Just configure the pads using the UI, then save the preset for reuse.

There are probably others that have simpler code if you're looking for something to learn from. @_ki has maintained a really handy wiki-index of the patches available on patchstorage.com. You might see something else that fits your needs there.

If you'd like to see some very simple scripting to do this, specify the types of values you want for the pads and if nobody else beats me to it, I'll post some example code.

I didn’t think basic-midi-controls could do it, I thought the pads were only configured for program changes but just solved my problem. In the shift menu on the pads page there’s an option for cc constant and that was exactly what I needed. Thanks!

• Is it possible with Mozaic to route the Slide and Aftertouch (pressure) from a Roli Seaboard to send specific CC messages?
    If so, is there any existing script for that goal?