Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack by mifki Limited - Live!!!

Comments

• This is mee dreaming out loud. In the wait for more audio outputs to use with dc coupled interface like es-9 and 8.
    One thing that i would think would be extremely cool was if expert sleepers vcv plugins were available for mirack, they are avaliable as open source on https://github.com/expertsleepersltd/vcvrack-encoders .
    They only need two outputs, and it would be easy to rout it right in AUM. With them we could get via the es5 expander 8 gates or like 8 lfos through the 8cv expander really easy.
    I know you have a lot to do, so this is more like a wishful thinking.
    regards Bobb

• @mifki
    just want to say “ in Apematrix “. basically the same workflow as people seem to use in aum..
    wouldn’t like the underdog underrepresented... but any road, if it goes out to the beta crowd I will be able to give it a whirl and give you a holler if any hiccups.

• Sorry I'm lost here. @RockySmalls, are you talking about ES modules, like @bobbfett?

@bobbfett Are you saying that ES encoder modules are useful even now with two channel IO? I read their docs but couldn't clearly understand how to use them. I'd appreciate an explanation what connects where and what you get.

• @mifki said:
    Sorry I'm lost here. @RockySmalls, are you talking about ES modules, like @bobbfett?

@bobbfett Are you saying that ES encoder modules are useful even now with two channel IO? I read their docs but couldn't clearly understand how to use them. I'd appreciate an explanation what connects where and what you get.

Sorry for not being clear. The es-5 Expander uses channels 7 and 8 from the es-9, so yes, you only need two channels to get 8 gates from the es-5, and you can expand es-5 even further with esx8cv and more. I don’t know exactly wich two channels it is on es-8, but something similar.

Here’s a tutorial on windows.

• Oh Lordy, a hardware controller just for MIRACK. All the modules would have a blank lcd screen but sliders and knobs midi in to MI rack. Nice idea. Hails again to this insane app that well, just cant expire, you can grow frustrated, but you can fly to the moon with this if programmed right. Grammerly indeed.

• In addition to midi out would be AU fx. @mifki
    Great work.

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@DatGood said:
    In addition to midi out would be AU fx. @mifki
    Great work.

I'm curious what you mean by that? AU hosting inside miRack? If so, that could only be done in the standalone version. AU's can't host AU's.

Personally, I hope that is never attempted. It's too time consuming and challenging. If you want to see miRack hit a brick wall as far as improvements go, that's the way to make it happen. (** see ModStep)

• @DatGood said:
    In addition to midi out would be AU fx. @mifki
    Great work.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but it’s already possible to create AU FX in miRack to use e.g. in an effect chain in AUM.

• all mirack aum jam

• @reasOne Nice vibe. Just dipped my toe into Mirack.

• @hypnopad said:
    @reasOne Nice vibe. Just dipped my toe into Mirack.

thank you man! i’m loving mirack more and more every day! finally catching on to this modular thing!

• +1 for Midi out in standalone and AU (with possibility to send out CC anc PC)

• @craftycurate @wim
    Oh that's odd. It sometimes doesn't show up on my AU list in AUM.

• edited July 2020

@reasOne said:
    all mirack aum jam

Really nice reasOne

• @bobbfett said:

@reasOne said:
    all mirack aum jam

Really nice reasOne

thank you man!!!!!

• Been having some issues with mirack AU crashing on load in AUM or crashing and stuck loading and having to restart AUM to get the session back.
    I really hope this iOS 14 multi threading possibility improves things overall for iOS.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I must just express how much I like miRack. My workflow has completely changed when it’s an AU, being able to make miRack effects in its own instance, or use AU effects on a miRack patch, it’s fantastic.

I have an es-5, so I would gladly test if expert sleepers modules work.
    Br bob

• Thanks!

I'll make a beta build with ES modules, however I'd prefer not to include them in a public release until multichannel audio is supported to avoid confusion around full support for hardware ES modules.

• Wow, absolutely amazing. I know you’re pressed on time, so I’m hugely thankful.
    Br bob

• Yeah I agree, miRack as an AU is so much better than standalone because you can save patch AU presets and combine together really quickly in a host like AUM which makes workflow much easier than saving large unwieldy patches which are more confusing.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah I agree, miRack as an AU is so much better than standalone because you can save patch AU presets and combine together really quickly in a host like AUM which makes workflow much easier than saving large unwieldy patches which are more confusing.

be sure to also save them within the app ! if you’re on beta any updates with wipe your aum presets, not sure if they do non beta

• @reasOne said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah I agree, miRack as an AU is so much better than standalone because you can save patch AU presets and combine together really quickly in a host like AUM which makes workflow much easier than saving large unwieldy patches which are more confusing.

be sure to also save them within the app ! if you’re on beta any updates with wipe your aum presets, not sure if they do non beta

I suppose you're talking about that one time when I changed AUv3 plugin ID before its release? Otherwise presets shouldn't disappear.

• @mifki said:

@reasOne said:

@Carnbot said:

I suppose you're talking about that one time when I changed AUv3 plugin ID before its release? Otherwise presets shouldn't disappear.

ahhh ok i didn’t realize it was just that one time. i didn’t lose anything but i saw some people mention it... that’s cool! no worries on that then!

• edited July 2020

I love using the synths and resonators as effects on audio. Am I correct that I should be able to control the pitch of the effects using MIDI in? (For some reason not working as expected.)

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I love using the synths and resonators as effects on audio. Am I correct that I should be able to control the pitch of the effects using MIDI in? (For some reason not working as expected.)

Which effects? Some work differently than others. Pitch has no meaning in most.

• @wim said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Mostly the audible instrument stuff (resonator, modal synthesizer, etc).

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Mostly the audible instrument stuff (resonator, modal synthesizer, etc).

Maybe post a screenshot so it's easier to see what you're trying to do? This is working fine for me, for instance:

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

and this ... in an FX slot with Phasemaker as the audio input:
    sounds awesome too btw

• @wim said:
    and this ... in an FX slot with Phasemaker as the audio input:
    sounds awesome too btw

Not sure if you intended it to be so, but just in case you didn't know: Elements (modal synthesizer) doesn't have stereo input.

The red input goes through the same path as the blowing noise (diffused, contour amplitude envelope, and the VCA modulated by the Strength input). The blue input on the other hand skips straight to the resonator portion without being processed beforehand.

So in any case, if you haven't already, you might want to try summing that left and right audio channel from the IAA input and then piping that newly mono audio into only either the red or blue External Input jack. The results will be unique in each case.