Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack by mifki Limited - Live!!!

Comments

• @mifki said:
    Thanks guys, I noted all the bug reports and suggestions.

Thanks for all your hard work! It's such an excellent app.

Apart from the minor GUI issue, I've found it pretty reliable and robust, and generally pretty efficient in CPU usage.

• edited June 2020

@mifki said:

@yug said:
    I have a weird problem with scrolling. Scrolling with a mouse wheel works fine but dragging the scroll bars back or forward scrolls the patch in one direction only - down or right, depending on the scroll bar

Thanks, I'll have a look again. Does this happen always?

Yes. Even just clicking the scrollbar makes it jump forward like crazy
    Also, the AU does not work in Logic and Ableton but works in Hosting AU

• edited June 2020

@yug said:

What's happening in Logic? Does it not appear in the list or doesn't load?

• @mifki said:

@yug said:

What's happening in Logic? Does it not appear in the list or doesn't load?

In Logic Pro 10.5, I can't get past this window:

• edited June 2020

Another noob question - when I try and move around the screen, I keep accidentally knocking cables out and deleting modules. My Air2 is a bit sluggish, which might be part of the problem. No matter how careful I am I keep doing it.

Is there a way of locking them, so I can just tweak the knobs without breaking stuff?

• @MonzoPro I think there is a lock button and hide cables

• @Krupa said:
    @MonzoPro I think there is a lock button and hide cables

Aha - that's the one - thanks!

• Hey, I saw this almost dark mode dimming feature in a video recently.... It really made it look Blinky and sci fi as well as easy on eyes. Is this a patch feature or a computer mod perhaps? Just seemed cool, there was a fader for like 25% opacity or lightness.
    The patch sharing from iOS to Mac will be the game changer for me as I like to make on iPad but then just kinda leave them on there as cool patches. I need to like properly record them and not only screen cap/ You guys are awesome, sorry no linky for Blinky...

• Yay I helped > @MonzoPro said:

@Krupa said:
    @MonzoPro I think there is a lock button and hide cables

Aha - that's the one - thanks!

👍

• edited June 2020

mirack is good, only problem with mirack i have is that the modules sound the same ish..uknow, no matter what modules I put in its that tinny metal sonic thing going on..maybe I will dive deeper to try to humanize it a bit more.

• @noob said:
    mirack is good, only problem with mirack i have is that the modules sound the same ish..uknow, no matter what modules I put in its that tinny metal sonic thing going on..maybe I will dive deeper to try to humanize it a bit more.

Ok thanks for bringing this up!!!! I REALLY WANT FOLKS TO KNOW I AM NOT BASHING THE APP.. I think that it’s fantastic and I am sure the problem is that I don’t understand modular or synthesis enough. But this along with Drambo all sound the same to me as well. It’s thin tin sounding plucky... if that is a word. The closest I have heard is @dendy did a Reese Bass that sounded fat but had to much resonance and me being the idiot in modular could not really tame it.

I know that there has to be nice fat bass in there somewhere and I need to learn the app more. But any tips on where to go or any good YouTube channels?

Thanks

• @onerez yes Drambo suffers from this phenomena too... not a big deal as i use Drambo for many other awesome stuff..midi cht etc...
    Oh and mirack is awesome for learning.. its just that..uknow.. sonically...

• Re miRack sound, are you guys adding filters or adsr to tame oscillators? Delays and reverb help too.

Re: tips, best resource is vcvrack videos.

• edited June 2020

will not help the tinny tones syndrome
    imean ”look this is like hardware” yea exept the sound of hardware. the looks are there, id give you that

• One of the main issues with modular synthesis (hard & soft) is that it requires the user to have a certain level of knowledge and patience to achieve decent results. Even with a $4k eurorack system (or $20k Buchla system) 80% of the output sounds horrible (see: Youtube). It’s very hit n’ miss. I always thought that it was weird that it’s become so popular.

• edited June 2020

Hi, well I was just checking latest miRack in AUM, been doing other things recently, I shot a small clip to say thanks to @mifki .
    Now I see last few comments and am a little confused!
    Sure it doesn't sound %10000 like my modular but I cannot carry that around with me, recall and share patches etc etc. Not even going to mention the cost :open_mouth:
    Anyway here's a short clip with a couple of patches playing back a multi-sensor recording from Holonist into miRack running inside AUM!

• edited June 2020

@HolonicSystems

Dope stuff !!

@Apex said:
    One of the main issues with modular synthesis (hard & soft) is that it requires the user to have a certain level of knowledge and patience to achieve decent results. Even with a $4k eurorack system (or $20k Buchla system) 80% of the output sounds horrible (see: Youtube). It’s very hit n’ miss. I always thought that it was weird that it’s become so popular.

Nope. You can use modular for simple stuff too... It's just on your imagination... now when it works as AU ypu can use patches consisting from literaly just few modules - nobody said you need to connect complex madness stuff with hundred modules..

What is advantage of this method compared to using classic plugins ?

• many modules in miRack sounds WAY much better than most of AU plugins. They sound like H
    • miRack is WAY much more CPU efficient than most of AU plugins

For me, miRack replaced basically all AU plugins except of few Bram Bos and FAC things.

Btw i know about lot of great music where modular was used as significant source of sounds and for processing. For example this guy is using for his music modular a LOT

• @dendy said:
    @HolonicSystems

Dope stuff !!

@Apex said:
    One of the main issues with modular synthesis (hard & soft) is that it requires the user to have a certain level of knowledge and patience to achieve decent results. Even with a $4k eurorack system (or $20k Buchla system) 80% of the output sounds horrible (see: Youtube). It’s very hit n’ miss. I always thought that it was weird that it’s become so popular.

Nope. You can use modular for simple stuff too... It's just on your imagination... now when it works as AU ypu can use patches consisting from literaly just few modules - nobody said you need to connect complex madness stuff with hundred modules..

What is advantage of this method compared to using classic plugins ?

• many modules in miRack sounds WAY much better than most of AU plugins. They sound like H
    • miRack is WAY much more CPU efficient than most of AU plugins

For me, miRack replaced basically all AU plugins except of few Bram Bos and FAC things.

Btw i know about lot of great music where modular was used as significant source of sounds and for processing. For example this guy is using for his music modular a LOT

Indeed i use modular for physical modeling like stuff and all the pads, leads, bass rather than the blip and bloops :D
    I even find modular synths often more easy to use once you know the basics since you really see what is connected to what. Beside that you might find the most creative sequencer stuff as well only in modulars.
    But i prefer to stay with less modules too rather than creating a patch with 100 modules which indeed sounds often like filtered noise.

• @HolonicSystems said:
    Anyway here's a short clip with a couple of patches playing back a multi-sensor recording from Holonist into miRack running inside AUM!

Amazing patches and really inspiring to see what’s possible with miRack. Thanks for sharing!

• alright @Aphex ur prolly right, as i said will dive deeper to humanize

• Hey, is the reason I cant load MIrack because its the terrible abelton lite? IF so I am going on a serial spree of mayhem! I literally cantt load AU or VST I have used abelton for years and got murdered to lite. Am I done for. Im done for huh... Im calming down but man what is this, even mood just bought on Mac won't load anywhere. BAH sorry to vent I love you

• @yug said:

You should be able to abort the scan and re-validate or just force enable miRack in Logic plugin manager. I'm not sure why it gets stuck for some users, but it should work fine if you skip it and enable manually.

@oceansinspace said:
    Hey, is the reason I cant load MIrack because its the terrible abelton lite? IF so I am going on a serial spree of mayhem! I literally cantt load AU or VST I have used abelton for years and got murdered to lite. Am I done for. Im done for huh... Im calming down but man what is this, even mood just bought on Mac won't load anywhere. BAH sorry to vent I love you

Sadly and surprisingly, some Mac DAWs still do not support v3 AU plugins. miRack loads in GB, Logic, Reaper, AU LUNA and Hosting AU app. Ableton, FL Studio, n-Track and Studio One can't load miRack plugin at the moment.

• Hey thanks, I can see them and almost load them. Ok not your deal or fault! User error or Mac anomolie.

• @mifki said:

@yug said:

You should be able to abort the scan and re-validate or just force enable miRack in Logic plugin manager. I'm not sure why it gets stuck for some users, but it should work fine if you skip it and enable manually.

Yes, thanks. If I abort it, it restarts the process again next time I start Logic. But it's working better now - I just had to wait 10 mins for the validation process to finish (fail), and now when I start Logic it shows only a warning but seems to work

I don't know if it's helpful, but this is what I get when running the validation tool (auvaltool -v aumu auge MIFK) in Terminal:

--------------------------------------------------
    RENDER TESTS:

Output Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription:  2 ch,  44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved
    Render Test at 512 frames
    Slicing Render Test at 64 frames
      PASS

Render Test at 64 frames, sample rate: 22050 Hz
    Render Test at 137 frames, sample rate: 96000 Hz
    Render Test at 4096 frames, sample rate: 48000 Hz
    Render Test at 4096 frames, sample rate: 192000 Hz
    ERROR: -66745 IN CALL AudioUnitRender

* * FAIL
    AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

• update today, new stuff to try thnx @mifki

• Just got the update with Lindenberg modules and with it’s filters I think we’re covered in every area. And there’s lot of other stuff to learn.
    @mifki thank you for this remarkable experience

• oh, wow! love those filters. Lindenburg Research all sounds pretty nice.
    @mifki Question, how do you get there extra edit options on the modules on the Mac version?

• Not a biggie, it’s my noob ness that I didn’t save all my patches In miRack, but when I updated, AUM does not recognise miRack when opening saved scenes in AUM, I have to reload it, and loose the state, and load patch from within miRack. Maybe it’s because I was on beta?
    Luv miRack, Bobb

• @bobbfett Yes, it was likely the initial AU beta; it changed when the AU was officially released.

• @yug said:
    I don't know if it's helpful, but this is what I get when running the validation tool (auvaltool -v aumu auge MIFK) in Terminal:

Thanks!

@bobbfett said:
    Not a biggie, it’s my noob ness that I didn’t save all my patches In miRack, but when I updated, AUM does not recognise miRack when opening saved scenes in AUM, I have to reload it, and loose the state, and load patch from within miRack. Maybe it’s because I was on beta?
    Luv miRack, Bobb

Yep plugin ID changed before the release, I posted here. You can install the beta again and save your patches as presets in AUM, then load in the release version.

@Richtowns said:
    oh, wow! love those filters. Lindenburg Research all sounds pretty nice.
    @mifki Question, how do you get there extra edit options on the modules on the Mac version?

I’ll let Patrick know:) what options though?