Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Share your iPad Pro 2018 experience please.

13»

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    you really don't understand how a community like this works.

It's a very unique and (generally) tolerant and accepting community. A lot of musical
    styles are represented here. With enough effort most angry posters are talked back to
    reason. But sometimes they just can't be... and with a few cases they have left in disgust.

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." Still, it's toxic if not handled appropriately.

• @McD said:

@vov said:
    You all? How many espiegel123s are out there? :)

Only one. His contributions to this community are without peer.
    He has taken a leading role in defining and posing to the Community Wiki.
    He has created YouTube videos to help members use their iPad in the best
    potential configuration (AB3+Xequence 2+AUM+Loopy).

When he speaks here it carry the weight of significant karma built over 80 discussions
    and 3,000+ comments. I would expect anyone here to ignore his valuable advice.

His advice to you echoes a long pattern of folks here suggesting your wasting your time,
    the developer's time trying to educate us about IOS internals and ours.

You have every right to ignore him and continue to tilt at IOS Windmills of Discontent.
    I find it all entertaining and a challenge to see if I can move the needle a bit towards
    a rational discussion of scalability.

@espiegel123 said:
    @McD : Thanks for the kind words. I am hoping that "I would expect anyone here to ignore his valuable advice." is maybe a typo :)

Oops. I fixed it. I do expect the majority to ignore this whole "iPad Pro 2018 isn't worth it's weight in hog fat" series of discussions. There are some very knowledgeable folks here one can benefit from reading. None of them are still engaged on this thread... "fake news".

• @McD ... are you saying all that's left is us piss ants? Clever psychology, but I don't give up on such an easy target so easily.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD ... are you saying all that's left is us piss ants? Clever psychology, but I don't give up on such an easy target so easily.

Well, good luck with that. Don't let the moderators see you hitting below the belt. "Queensberry Rules", old chap.

• @MobileMusic said:

Apple couldn’t care less about specs/features and they always lag behind competition deliberately - for years - before catching up.

Apart from, say, the A-series chips (years ahead of anything else). And all those privacy protections. And the way all the hardware is all interconnected (AirDrop, AirPods, Auto-transfer for new iPhones, Wi-Fi password sharing). And FaceID.

• vovvov
    edited September 2019

Those comments containing no factual info are only show total lack of knowledge of their posters in the topic. Yes you can generate them in no time at a great quantity but there’s no information whatsoever in them. Carry on only if you want to show how brainwashed you are by Apple. But I will continue to warn all the potential buyers that iPads Pro are a waste of silicon and money as there’s simply no OS or apps that properly utilize its power. All the videos of the projects I’ve seen so far only prove it.

• Russian tactical social media AI troll bots, great name for an anime series.

• vovvov
    edited September 2019

@vov said:
    Those off-topic comments containing no factual info are only show total lack of knowledge of their posters in the topic. Yes you can generate them in no time at a great quantity but there’s no information whatsoever in them. Carry on only if you want to show how brainwashed you are by Apple. But I will continue to warn all the potential buyers that iPads Pro are a waste of silicon and money as there’s simply no OS or apps that properly utilize its power. All the videos of the projects I’ve seen so far only prove it.

• edited September 2019

Some info Mr Vov. I am sure Apple is discussing the effects of your assault at the highest levels! No matter. We are grateful you are here to save us!

• @LinearLineman said:
    I am @espiegel123!

Mr. Vov, what fascinates me about you is that you express no human feelings, are utterly humorless and share nothing of yourself or your own musical experience other than your petulance. As a result you are quite a unique attraction at this flea circus. And worth an ogle now and then.

This put a smile on my face. I must say the username vov ringed a bell, then i searched for scamming and thought aaah it's the russian guy with the pro.

• vovvov
    edited September 2019

They’re eating of what Jobs created. IBM consumer products department was also confident until they were sold to Lenovo :smile:
    I just wish noone else would get into this scam.

• As someone who doesn't care the least bit about processor cores and benchmarks I'm actually quite happy and content being scammed by Apple like this. iOS provides me a platform for music that is unlike any other and which is (thank the heavens) really different from what I can get on a desktop/laptop system.

• @vov said:
    They’re eating of what Jobs created. IBM consumer products department was also confident until they were sold to Lenovo :smile:

You come to a place where many people are happily productive making music with their iPads and seem to insist that iPads can't be productively used.

Do you want to find a workflow so that you can make music? Or is your goal simply to complain? Your recent post gives the impression (and I hope that I am mistaken) that your goal is just to be an agent of discontent.

• @vov said:

Hehe, hang out on AB forum long enough and you become OK with off topic posts. Shouldnt this be in your ‘Apple Scamming’ thread? ;)

• @vov said:

Are you actually thinking Apple will wake up one morning in a sweat that their 400,000,000 plus iPad business has gone south? Or are you confident you can destroy it singlehandedly on a forum devoted to the love of producing music on an iPad? I suggest your time is better spent reading Dostoevsky ‘s “The Idiot.” Or maybe the latest DSM. At least change your avatar to prince Mishkin, my good droog.

• edited September 2019

@vov... I believe I actually may be criticizing someone with a disorder. You seem to be exhibiting signs of Asperger’s. Special topic, lack of social skills, repetitive behavior, non empathetic, no humor or personal extension.... you see what I mean? If that is the case, I apologize and sympathize. Just realize you are in the wrong place and get some help if possible.

• @vov - Thanks for the warning about overspending. I can certainly agree that the iPad Pro's are over priced and hard to justify for my needs. I tend to use the lowest $/GB of storage to pick the right iPad model for my needs. When I bought it was the iPad 9.7" 2018 128GB model (with the 1st pencil support). It provides 2GB of RAM for my apps. Love to have 3 or 4GB but $'s are important.

But I can see use cases where someone might justify screen size to read music off the screen
    and go for the target screen at the best price.

But for someone that lives on the iPad everyday then getting the most possible storage
    to hold videos or music or images might be important.

Anyone that bought the iPad Pro to run a dozen Moog Synths in a DAW didn't do much homework before spending the money.

It's like buying a motorcycle to carry 4 people. I have limited sympathy for missed expectations when an hour with Google can help avoid buyer's remorse.

A dozen Moog synths requires a good desktop system.

I watched Jacob Collier build something this morning in Logic Pro on a Laptop and the capabilities at his command show the path for massive musical constructions. I'm sure he could also do interesting work with an iPad if we locked him up with one for 6 months but what a waste of his potential using one of these mobile toys.

I am no Jacob Collier. Toys are ideal for playing. Not well suited to Professional work.
    I play, therefore I live.

• edited September 2019

@vov said:
    Those comments containing no factual info are only show total lack of knowledge of their posters in the topic. Yes you can generate them in no time at a great quantity but there’s no information whatsoever in them. Carry on only if you want to show how brainwashed you are by Apple. But I will continue to warn all the potential buyers that iPads Pro are a waste of silicon and money as there’s simply no OS or apps that properly utilize its power. All the videos of the projects I’ve seen so far only prove it.

Now, I’m convinced you have a hidden agenda!

You come across as someone who went by Apple’s claims (even though you did your due research) before buying your iPad Pro and now realize that it does not meet your needs but cannot return it for a refund because you ran out of time and got mad.

• @McD said:
    @vov - Thanks for the warning about overspending. I can certainly agree that the iPad Pro's are over priced and hard to justify for my needs. I tend to use the lowest $/GB of storage to pick the right iPad model for my needs. When I bought it was the iPad 9.7" 2018 128GB model (with the 1st pencil support). It provides 2GB of RAM for my apps. Love to have 3 or 4GB but $'s are important.

But I can see use cases where someone might justify screen size to read music off the screen
    and go for the target screen at the best price.

But for someone that lives on the iPad everyday then getting the most possible storage
    to hold videos or music or images might be important.

Anyone that bought the iPad Pro to run a dozen Moog Synths in a DAW didn't do much homework before spending the money.

It's like buying a motorcycle to carry 4 people. I have limited sympathy for missed expectations when an hour with Google can help avoid buyer's remorse.

A dozen Moog synths requires a good desktop system.

I watched Jacob Collier build something this morning in Logic Pro on a Laptop and the capabilities at his command show the path for massive musical constructions. I'm sure he could also do interesting work with an iPad if we locked him up with one for 6 months but what a waste of his potential using one of these mobile toys.

I am no Jacob Collier. Toys are ideal for playing. Not well suited to Professional work.
    I play, therefore I live.

FYI, Jacob Collier first came to the world’s attention via videos and recordings done on an iPad that was quite a bit less capable than today’s iPads. The vids are on YouTube and I think he was a teenager at the time.

• @espiegel123 said:
    FYI, Jacob Collier first came to the world’s attention via videos and recordings done on an iPad that was quite a bit less capable than today’s iPads. The vids are on YouTube and I think he was a teenager at the time.

Nice to know. I'd like to see them. He continues to amaze with his musical gifts. It's not easy getting Quincy Jone's endorsement as a teenager. It takes a lot of effort and skill.

It appears he started as a boy's choir singer. He still has a lot of that vocal genre in his
    projects and my kids don't like his singing but slowly he's showing more and more of his immense well of talents. He can beatbox and sing with more expressive variations.

My wife commented recently. He's using an auto-tuner. I let it pass. He was singing live and
    using a MIDI controller to control a harmonizer live to create his choir sound (like Imogen Heap and Laurie Anderson have done for years).

He's definitely out of his bedroom and assembling a large musical group now and finding
    his way as a live performer with a great show. In this latest video he's working with the audience like Bobby McFerrin and the audience has great pitch and mimic capabilities too... go figure. I think you have to know something about music to appreciate what's happening when he creates live.

• @McD said:

@espiegel123 said:

Nice to know. I'd like to see them. He continues to amaze with his musical gifts. It's not easy getting Quincy Jone's endorsement as a teenager. It takes a lot of effort and skill.

It appears he started as a boy's choir singer. He still has a lot of that vocal genre in his
    projects and my kids don't like his singing but slowly he's showing more and more of his immense well of talents. He can beatbox and sing with more expressive variations.

My wife commented recently. He's using an auto-tuner. I let it pass. He was singing live and
    using a MIDI controller to control a harmonizer live to create his choir sound (like Imogen Heap and Laurie Anderson have done for years).

He's definitely out of his bedroom and assembling a large musical group now and finding
    his way as a live performer with a great show. In this latest video he's working with the audience like Bobby McFerrin and the audience has great pitch and mimic capabilities too... go figure. I think you have to know something about music to appreciate what's happening when he creates live.

His mother is/was a violin teacher at the Royal Academy. In toddlerhood, he would listen to the lessons and stared singing at a very young age and as a child performed in operas that had children's parts. He speaks of learning what all the instruments in an orchestra do from being in rehearsals often as a young child -- and that because of that he has basically understood the function/role and vocabulary of most instruments so that for him learning an instrument is backwards from how it is for most people. For those that don't know, by 16 or so he played a variety of instruments (bass, drums, piano) at a professional level.

Track down the Stevie Wonder tune he recorded at 17 -- not only is his playing and singing virtuosic but his arrangement is very mature. The vocal harmonies are harmonically interesting in a way that is striking for someone so young.

• @vov said:

@vov said:
    Those off-topic comments containing no factual info are only show total lack of knowledge of their posters in the topic. Yes you can generate them in no time at a great quantity but there’s no information whatsoever in them. Carry on only if you want to show how brainwashed you are by Apple. But I will continue to warn all the potential buyers that iPads Pro are a waste of silicon and money as there’s simply no OS or apps that properly utilize its power. All the videos of the projects I’ve seen so far only prove it.

• @vov said:

• @vov said:

@vov said: