Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Share your iPad Pro 2018 experience please.

I’ve got the latest 2018 iPad Pro and it seems not to be working too well with multiple Auv3s in a host app.
Could you share your experience with A12X iPads here?
Comparisons with older ones?

«13

Comments

  • edited September 14

    @vov said:
    I’ve got the latest 2018 iPad Pro and it seems not to be working too well with multiple Auv3s in a host app.
    Could you share your experience with A12X iPads here?
    Comparisons with older ones?

    I’m on IPad Pro 11 2018
    IPadOS beta
    I use Cubasis in this video
    I had about 5 AUv3 tracks and on some of them I had Fabfilter EQ.
    The CPU was doing good.
    What I’d recommend is to lunch your AUv3 apps in standalone and set the buffer to 512.
    That’s what I did for all my audio units.
    And the restart your iPad.

  • @vov said:
    I’ve got the latest 2018 iPad Pro and it seems not to be working too well with multiple Auv3s in a host app.
    Could you share your experience with A12X iPads here?
    Comparisons with older ones?

    If you can tell me what auv’s and host you’re using as well as buffer size and audio interface/no interface I’ll try to replicate that with my 2018 Pro 11”.

    If it helps I did several side by side comparisons with my Air2 before committing to keeping the Pro and the Air2 choked while the Pro was still going strong.
    I was intentionally trying to stress them out too.

  • I’m using ios13 beta and just ran 4-5 instances of D1, a few Fabfilter plugins, Pure Synth platinum and others. All in about 15-20 tracks with no problem. Then I bounced it and recorded vocals in Auria Pro with no issues. All in all I’m happy with the 2018 iPad Pro and feel like it’s an upgrade from the 2017 Pro. Usb-C is a really nice feature too.

  • More videos please.

  • @vov said:
    More videos please.

    You first.

  • @vov, please, not again. You deserve serious consideration for your difficulties, but you ignore the advice given and ask for videos. This is not a public library.

  • edited September 14

    @LinearLineman said:
    You deserve serious consideration for your difficulties,

    truth.

  • @AudioGus ...wise man speak between lines.

  • @LinearLineman said:
    @AudioGus ...wise man speak between lines.

    Oh no, not you too!

  • @AudioGus ... I guess it is contagious!

  • @LinearLineman said:
    @AudioGus ... I guess it is contagious!

    may be last bastion of naughty behaviour so enjoy while can.

  • Indeed @AudioGus. It’s getting harder and harder to be an annoyance here.

  • One thing I’ve also done is to sample most vst instruments on Mac and pc.
    I sample from c1 to C7 ( giving me better sound quality and no speeding pitch issue) and created instruments in AudioLayer.sampling every note makes my instruments sound pretty similar to the original version and AudioLayer being a sampler, it uses less CPU giving the chance to add lots of effects for “sound designing”.

  • @Paa89 said:
    One thing I’ve also done is to sample most vst instruments on Mac and pc.
    I sample from c1 to C7 ( giving me better sound quality and no speeding pitch issue) and created instruments in AudioLayer.sampling every note makes my instruments sound pretty similar to the original version and AudioLayer being a sampler, it uses less CPU giving the chance to add lots of effects for “sound designing”.

    Reminds me of me. U would love NS2 and Obsidian for migrating those samples. You could run 100 of those instruments u created in audiolayer if they were in obsidian format. Great stuff!

  • @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @Paa89 said:
    One thing I’ve also done is to sample most vst instruments on Mac and pc.
    I sample from c1 to C7 ( giving me better sound quality and no speeding pitch issue) and created instruments in AudioLayer.sampling every note makes my instruments sound pretty similar to the original version and AudioLayer being a sampler, it uses less CPU giving the chance to add lots of effects for “sound designing”.

    Reminds me of me. U would love NS2 and Obsidian for migrating those samples. You could run 100 of those instruments u created in audiolayer if they were in obsidian format. Great stuff!

    I’ve seen some videos about N2N obsidian,it looks great but I just don’t like the DAW interface.even since I started sampling vista, My thirst for buying synths is over😂 now I just need to decide wich of the upcoming Drumachines to buy and I’m good to go.

  • @Paa89 said:

    @vov said:
    I’ve got the latest 2018 iPad Pro and it seems not to be working too well with multiple Auv3s in a host app.
    Could you share your experience with A12X iPads here?
    Comparisons with older ones?

    I’m on IPad Pro 11 2018
    IPadOS beta
    I use Cubasis in this video
    I had about 5 AUv3 tracks and on some of them I had Fabfilter EQ.
    The CPU was doing good.
    What I’d recommend is to lunch your AUv3 apps in standalone and set the buffer to 512.
    That’s what I did for all my audio units.
    And the restart your iPad.

    How did you manage to change the buffer? Is it something that’s perhaps only available in certain apps?

  • It was already discussed that people on iPadOS 13 are able to add more AU track instances to their host apps

  • wimwim
    edited September 15

    @carbonchris said:
    How did you manage to change the buffer? Is it something that’s perhaps only available in certain apps?

    He never answers questions like this. I’m done trying to help the guy.

  • @wim said:

    @carbonchris said:
    How did you manage to change the buffer? Is it something that’s perhaps only available in certain apps?

    He never answers questions like this. I’m done trying to help the guy.

    😂😂😂 sorry guys was at work.
    What you need to do is go into the settings of every app.most synths have the buffer settings implemented.let me know what apps you have if i have them, id be glad to help out

  • wimwim
    edited September 15

    @Paa89 said:

    @wim said:

    @carbonchris said:
    How did you manage to change the buffer? Is it something that’s perhaps only available in certain apps?

    He never answers questions like this. I’m done trying to help the guy.

    😂😂😂 sorry guys was at work.
    What you need to do is go into the settings of every app.most synths have the buffer settings implemented.let me know what apps you have if i have them, id be glad to help out

    Oops! Sorry! I thought the post was directed at @vov, not at you. I definitely didn’t mean you in that comment!

    I don’t ever see @vov answering any questions people ask to try to help.

    Sorry for the confusion.

  • @wim said:

    @Paa89 said:

    @wim said:

    @carbonchris said:
    How did you manage to change the buffer? Is it something that’s perhaps only available in certain apps?

    He never answers questions like this. I’m done trying to help the guy.

    😂😂😂 sorry guys was at work.
    What you need to do is go into the settings of every app.most synths have the buffer settings implemented.let me know what apps you have if i have them, id be glad to help out

    Oops! Sorry! I thought the post was directed at @vov, not at you. I definitely didn’t mean you in that comment!

    I don’t ever see @vov answering any questions people ask to try to help.

    Sorry for the confusion.

    Makes note in special book.

  • @AudioGus
    @LinearLineman said:

    @vov, please, not again. You deserve serious consideration for your difficulties, but...

    You guys, and a few other kids hijack my threads with a dogged persistence. I would be really happy if you spare me from your attention.

    Anyway, from my experience A12x iPads Pro aren’t even better than those on A9x, that’s why I asked other people to share what they found. And I haven’t yet seen anything to contradict my experience. And it’s not only me either who reported problems with the latest iPad Pro.

    And no, I don’t need anyone’s help with explaining how to resample every track. I know how it’s done, but it destroys the flow for me completely.

  • wimwim
    edited September 15

    Got it. You are officially on the ignore list. Thanks for clearing that up. I do hope you get the answers you need if there’s still anyone left listening.

  • Yoooooo how many thread about the same question is this guy gonna create????

  • edited September 15

    @vov said:
    @AudioGus
    @LinearLineman said:

    @vov, please, not again. You deserve serious consideration for your difficulties, but...

    You guys, and a few other kids hijack my threads with a dogged persistence. I would be really happy if you spare me from your attention.

    Hey I was talking to Lineman, start your own thread... oh wait. ;)

    Sry

  • @vov said:
    A12x iPads Pro aren’t even better than those on A9x

    It's definitely a problem with developers using the hardware correctly for your needs.
    A DAW that distributes work over all 8 cores would solve the problem. Everything about the A12X is
    better in all benchmarks so it's poor coding of the apps. What DAW do you want to see fixed first?

  • Brilliant Fools Mate @McD. Always bet on black!

  • @vov : if you want help give us specifics. What AUs , what host and particular question.

    We can help you then. None of us has time to just randomly create videos in response to vague,open-ended questions.

  • @McD said:

    @vov said:
    A12x iPads Pro aren’t even better than those on A9x

    It's definitely a problem with developers using the hardware correctly for your needs.
    A DAW that distributes work over all 8 cores would solve the problem. Everything about the A12X is
    better in all benchmarks so it's poor coding of the apps. What DAW do you want to see fixed first?

    There’s another thing. I’ve got this description from the developer of mirack.
    The problem was that newer devices have 48kHz hardware sample rate and when I'm setting preferred buffer duration to say 1024 samples, the hardware buffer is set to that duration, but due to rounding, my callback is getting alternating 940/941-sample buffers. I didn't expect the buffer size to vary.
    I don’t know exactly what it means though. Maybe someone could explain.

Sign In or Register to comment.