Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg iMs-20 or iPolysix?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2019

@Samu said:
    I just wish Korg would and a jack for PWM modulation in the patch-bay in iMS-20.
    Using then envelope to adjust pulse width could add some extra bite to the sounds.

No iMS20 required, just use Dublin.
    EG to VCO Shape (PW) and MG1 to Cutoff, key-synced. Works well enough.

• @rs2000 said:

I know but they do sound quite different...

That's the 'thing' with Gadgets when starting do dig deeper, if one needs sync sound there's a Gadget for that but no sync switch in Dublin :) (And why no pitch & filters envelopes and only limited set of effects in Vancouver?).

That's mostly why I almost always turn to Montpellier as it's quite flexible in the modulation routings department.
    Lexington is the only Gadget where an oscillator can be used as modulation source for audio-rate modulations :)

Don't get me wrong I love Gadget for what it is but knowing Korg has the know-how to do just about any kind of 'synth' with all the routings we could think of makes me wonder if they do indeed have some 'mega synth' in the works...

• Well if you already have the IMono/Poly, def get the IMS-20, though it would be nice if Korg added a poly mode to it like the desktop version. As far as why would you get the IPolysix if you already have the IMono/Poly, and what separates it, I would say as far as the stand alone version the biggest thing with the IPolysix is that it has a sequencer and drum machine and mixer with effects , and it basically has 2 IPolysix instances in it.

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

So what. PWM with Dublin sounds great ;)

Don't get me wrong I love Gadget for what it is but knowing Korg has the know-how to do just about any kind of 'synth' with all the routings we could think of makes me wonder if they do indeed have some 'mega synth' in the works...

iMonoPoly and iWavestation are mega synths already, the only gadget completely missing is a sampler that deserves the name, don't you think?

• @rs2000 said:

@Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

So what. PWM with Dublin sounds great ;)

iMonoPoly and iWavestation are mega synths already, the only gadget completely missing is a sampler that deserves the name, don't you think?

Yepp, an iHD-1 (ie. iOS port of the Kronos HD-1 engine that includes sampling/re-sampling/editing, slicing, layering, splits, wave-sequences etc. etc.).

• @Samu said:
    Yepp, an iHD-1 (ie. iOS port of the Kronos HD-1 engine that includes sampling/re-sampling/editing, slicing, layering, splits, wave-sequences etc. etc.).

Yes, for example.
    Or kindly ask the propellerheads to hit the compile button again, this time in the NN-XT folder B)

• WTKWTK
    edited August 2019

Like a Korg DSS-1? :wink:

http://www.polynominal.com/Korg-DSS-1/

I have one sitting on a shelf of mine...unfortunately the floppy drive is broken.

• Finally bought the iMs-20. Thx to everyone. :smile:

• edited August 2019

Hey @Samu you mentioned this trick to have PWM on iMS-20 via Midi LFO...is it possible in Memphis as well?Can i somehow route Taipei to Mephis?

i thought i don"need" the MS but nothing screams as nice as this one...and great to have in Gadget,especially with the signal input.

• Is it worth it being only monophonic?

M> @WTK said:

Finally bought the iMs-20. Thx to everyone. :smile:

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Is it worth it being only monophonic?

M> @WTK said:

?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Is it worth it being only monophonic?

M> @WTK said:

I like it so far. Nice sound. Looking forward digging deeper into the patchbay.

• I own iMS-20 and ODYSSEi but never use them anymore due to lack of AU support. IAA/AB plugins have been deprecated by Apple and I don’t care for Gadget’s workflow so no more KORG for me till they adopt AU plugin tech.