Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your worst (audio/music/sound related) mistake?

2»

Comments

• Buying an iPad
    Getting into synths

• Not that it ended up being that bad in the end, but buying a Studiologic Sledge was my worst mistake gear wise. I thought about getting an iPad instead (was already using iPhone for music) but was worried about stability and software updates making apps obsolete. The Sledge just didn’t work out for me and I got it because I was just out of a gigging band and was thinking more in terms of what would have worked with my band that I wasn’t in anymore.

I got an iPad 6 months later and fortunately held on to the Sledge until I could sell it for just 100 USD less than I paid for it, though I think I lost just a little more on shipping.

• I’ve lost a lot of material because I relied on data cds and dvds for archiving and either they just stopped working or the formats became obsolete. But on the other hand, it was mostly shit.

I regret not playing live more.

• Having to many Vsts :#

• edited August 2019

When I was twenty, my girlfriend wanted to help me cleaning my tenor and soprano saxophones. When we had finished, she looked at me with a big smile, took the saxes cases and stood up... the two saxes fell from the cases, as she didn’t think about securely closing them :# No damage, she was on the bed B)

Two years later, after a nice practice session at home, I put my tenor sax in its soft case, and forgot to close the zipper... sax fell again, directly onto the hard floor ... no bed this time, 500 € repair costs!!! :'( :s

• 1997: when trying to showcase my (terrible) ReBirth RB-338 project, I managed to break both my high school's sound system and a computer because I didn’t know what the different signal levels were for.

• @jipumarino said:
    1997: when trying to showcase my (terrible) ReBirth RB-338 project, I managed to break both my high school's sound system and a computer because I didn’t know what the different signal levels were for.

Heh, I recall someone at work losing their shit when this came out. They were wide eyed and slack jawed rambling about "...revolution...".

• Watching Doug's videos!

Often an app comes out and I think “I don’t need that”.

Then I watch Doug's video of the app and he makes it look interesting and fun. And so I buy the app.

Doug has cost me a small fortune in apps 😀

• sold a Marshall JCM 800 50W 2x12 combo to get a 22w Mesa Boogie in late 80s...

• @AudioGus said:

@jipumarino said:
    1997: when trying to showcase my (terrible) ReBirth RB-338 project, I managed to break both my high school's sound system and a computer because I didn’t know what the different signal levels were for.

Heh, I recall someone at work losing their shit when this came out. They were wide eyed and slack jawed rambling about "...revolution...".

Tbh I didn’t even know that it was supposed to be emulating something at the time :D

It was very much my first experience with any kind of synthesizer (along with Yamaha XG softsynths and something else that was named after the mellotron) so I’m very happy to have run into it then

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@enc said:
    Selling my mint Juno 60 for £250 to part fund the purchase of a Roland xp10... early 90's.
    selling my mint mc202 for £150 To part fund casio RZ1 ... late 80s 😖

I think we have a winner, thanks for sharing!

the mc202 thing chimes with me.. i got one second hand from johnny roadhouse ( manchester ) around 87? for about £50 ,, i only wanted it because it could handle rolands tape sync signal and would cv sync to a drum machine that could trigger a sample pedal.. all so i could sync sample loops up on a tascam four track.. it didn’t come with a manual so i never got to understand the sequencer and various other functions.. in the end , when i was bored of the whole rigmarole of syncing 2 second sample pedal loops i traded it back at johnny roadhouse for ( if i remember correctly ) a pitch shifter pedal to play trumpet through!! how i would love to have that £900 worth of cuteness here now the interweb makes manuals in pdf form a breeze to locate!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I think I may have a few of you beat. My biggest musical mistake was telling people off if they had "anything bad to say" about my music (i.e. friendly constructive criticism), lol. This was last decade when a lot of my music was indeed puerile shit, and yet I thought myself to be some sort of infallible genius/god.

To get an idea, I used to either made trance/EDM instrumental music with amateur production values (I hadn't put in my 10,000 hours yet), or "songs". The trance/EDM instrumental music was acceptable enough for my limited abilities back then and can be easily remade into truly epic masterpieces after eliminating the cringy parts. As a matter of fact, I recently remade "Bouzouki" and entered it into the USA Songwriting Competition.

The "songs" (with the exception of an Irish jig called "The Clothes My Grandfather Wore") were rubbish. I used to make "songs" with lyrics that ranged from "slightly below acceptable" to "what the utter fuck". My "singing voice" (if you could call it that) back then sounded like warbly whingy caterwauling. I often liked using the "chipmunk voice" in a few of my EDM productions as well being I used to be into Scooter.

• When i was sooooo god damn drunk in a night club that someone managed to convince me to dance..

• edited August 2019

i should never sell Nord Rack 2 and DSI Evolver. Two most unique synths i ever had in terms of sound. Nothing on iOS is comparable, even not in that direction.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @AudioGus I got to see the orb play around that time, not to brag. Due to circumstances I only remember the lights were very interesting :)
    The lineup was amazing compared to Irish festivals nowadays

£48 for that line-up?? My oh my.

I saw The Orb in 1995 at the old 9:30 club in D.C. (199 people max). Absolutely bragging, here. ;)

• selling all hardware that I had to go software only and run cakewalk.

• edited August 2019

Not wearing earplugs in my young years while making music or seeing live shows.

• Strangely both a) not pursuing music making when I was younger, and b) sharing way too much of the output from my music making now. There is quite a lot I kind of wish I hadn't put out on the internet now! :smile: