Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do you collect anything other than Apps ?

Comments

• edited August 2019

Some are deliberate - others incidental:

• Headphones.
    • Responsibilities.
    • Regrets.
    • Spotify playlists.
    • Japanese pens.
    • Vintage prime camera lenses.
    • New skills.
    • Single malt whisky.
    • Grey hairs.

(not necessarily in that order)

• You know it's out of control when ...

• Emptying my parents house for selling after my father death as thought me a good lesson about collecting. I have to be finished in 2 weeks. I been at it for over a year.

• @enc , this vid deserves its own thread. Please post!

• Guitar pedals, although I’m in the middle of purging anything that’s sat under my bed for six months (unless it’s got sentimental value). This time last year I had ~50 stompboxes and right now I’ve got fewer than 30 so I’m making progress.

• edited August 2019

Hey @CRAKROX just wondering. Are looking for something new to collect? Running high on storage space? ;)

Not sure if the concept of running high on space even exists! I used to move around a lot so I have a built in purge switch that stops me from hoarding beyond a certain point.

• edited August 2019

@supadom said:
    Hey @CRAKROX just wondering. Are looking for something new to collect? Running high on storage space? ;)

Anything but unfortunately, the racks I had built upon moving into my home are full and records are starting to form piles at their base.
    However I’ve little ability to stop as I’m writing this parked outside of a one record shop before spending the rest of the day visiting ones around Manchester.
    I recently also rediscovered my childhood love for Lego and have been indulging myself with some of their Star Wars collection, I really don’t have the space for them though, saying that the Apollo Rocket and Lunar Module sets have caught my eye.

HELP...

• I am not sure I'm a collector because I mostly resell them, but my hunting habits seem collector-esque. I like finding beat up broken guitars, basses, etc. and fixing them.

Goes way back to being a poor kid with a grandpa that was a guitar player and pretty novice guitar repairman BUT the only one in his medium sized town and legit an engineer by training. He helped me find my first instruments and got them working perfectly. I ultimately inherited his box of tools, spare parts.

I think my wife minds more the ones I'm cannibalizing. I am less motivated about getting to work on those. I just see something non-functional for super cheap with standardish parts, and get them. Save a ton in the end.

• Effects pedals - Keep encountering sales ads from GC, Perfect Circuit, etc. which are timed right after I got my paycheck

Instructional music courses - books, streaming videos, etc.

• @simonnowis said:
    i've often wondered if collecting is innate or learned behaviour.
    i know it is/was in me

at a younger age i collected football cards
    later vinyl

that need to complete - whole - have it all - that need to complete an artist's oeuvre, especially those i had loved - that need to fill that that doesn't really need filling

with football cards there was also the gamble, the 'loot box' appeal of opening the packets - who/what would be inside?

now i see many many forms of 'collectable' aimed at the young (and very young) - is this creating or satisfying a need?

my physical collecting was curtailed and cured by my discovery/realisation that space and freedom were much more pleasing to me

as for my e hoarding --- the curation has gone, but the lure of novelty remains, and certainly colours my app-holism, but i'm at peace with this - as 'vices' go, filling my device with music makers doesn't feel too bad :)

I vote innate. But consumer capitalism doesn’t help our inner magpie.

We are hunters and gatherers.

Who doesn’t like the sparkle of desire and wanton glint in the eye of a prospective mate when you show them your collection of die cast Japanese robots.

• I’ve got a small collection of late 70-90s comic books

Grey hairs, and regrets for sure. I’d collect single malt but I find it keeps evaporating.

My biggest collection foible is links to interesting things I’ll never go back and read - unless the link is dead or the article is outdated 😜😅

• @tk32 said:
    Some are deliberate - others incidental:

• Headphones.
    • Responsibilities.
    • Regrets.
    • Spotify playlists.
    • Japanese pens.
    • Vintage prime camera lenses.
    • New skills.
    • Single malt whisky.
    • Grey hairs.

(not necessarily in that order)

Endless pens from MUJI everywhere I have them and happy do they make me!

• edited August 2019
    • fears
    • worries
    • anxieties
    • days till my death
    • forum posts
    • EDIT: plush toys
    • edits
  • I freaking hate having stuff. Even having books these days bugs me. I’ve culled it all down to two shelves. Thank goodness for digital storage. Although that can drive you crazy as well (here’s to you, self, who never labels stuff in an organized way when uploading to Google Drive). I can’t stand stuff. Wallet, keys, sunglasses...that’s it.

• I sometimes collect what others might define as junk and then re-purpose it. I was into Steampunk before the word entered the dictionary.
    Then I also collect images and digitally recreate them into new works.

• Old cameras, but I do try and use them all, apart from the ones I can't get film for anymore!

• I collect drums (going to remedy this), synths (not going to remedy this) and scars. I'm 54 and still getting zits. Oh yeah, I collect zits too!

• Bikes. Currently, an old tourer, a road bike, a recumbent, two folders and a beautiful Mercian steel bike that I’ve converted to singlespeed (too mountainous around here for fixed). And ancient Greek stuff.

• Oh, and midi controllers.

• Bills, hangovers and yeah, cables.

• @ecou said:
    Emptying my parents house for selling after my father death as thought me a good lesson about collecting. I have to be finished in 2 weeks. I been at it for over a year.

My condolences for losing your father, but this is something I absolutely dread having to do when the time comes.

• @oat_phipps said:

@ecou said:
    Emptying my parents house for selling after my father death as thought me a good lesson about collecting. I have to be finished in 2 weeks. I been at it for over a year.

My condolences for losing your father, but this is something I absolutely dread having to do when the time comes.

Thank you @oat_phipps very nice of you. Yes it is very hard to empty a house filled of 74 years of collecting. If you can start making them do some while they are alive.

• @ecou said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ecou said:

Thank you @oat_phipps very nice of you. Yes it is very hard to empty a house filled of 74 years of collecting. If you can start making them do some while they are alive.

Sorry to hear about your father. I recently had to help my mom move her stuff out of the family home when she decided to move to a retirement home. She'd lived there over 40 years. I'm glad I got to help her while she is still alive. My parents traveled the world with my sister and me for a few years (when we were kids) and there was a ton of art that meant a lot to me that my parents no longer wanted. Needless to say, I now have a storage unit filled with stuff that I can't get rid of but don't have room in my house for.

• @robertreynolds said:

@ecou said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ecou said:

Sorry to hear about your father. I recently had to help my mom move her stuff out of the family home when she decided to move to a retirement home. She'd lived there over 40 years. I'm glad I got to help her while she is still alive. My parents traveled the world with my sister and me for a few years (when we were kids) and there was a ton of art that meant a lot to me that my parents no longer wanted. Needless to say, I now have a storage unit filled with stuff that I can't get rid of but don't have room in my house for.

I hear you. We are currently building another house in the back of our regular house to put the stuff in that we can't bear to get rid of. I have spent my life asking (when buying) is this a lifetime purchase? Which is an excellent question, but has led to many objects that I am now not prepared to part with while still breathing. Certainly was easier when it was sunglasses, credit cards, let's go... :)

• I collect PDFs on various arcane topics, like the optimal diet to aid in OBEs (out of body experiences) spoiler alert: lots of eggs, and there was one where a guy was claiming that some audio engineers in the days of recording to analog tape would have shamans and mystics in the studio sending “vibes” to the tape during recording, the theory being that the magnetic tape could actually record thought waves, and lots of other odds and ends

• @robertreynolds said:

@ecou said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ecou said:

Thank you @robertreynolds I am also doing this with my mother. As you said I am also happy for the times I got to spend with her. She is now going to a retirement apartment. Nobody ever told me how rough this part of life is. I guess the next part is going to be even worse. Me getting old.

• I decided I am skipping the getting old part 😤😤

• I like collecting memorabilia for my sports team, the St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Blues and jerseys, etc. I also like magic the gathering cards and vinyl but that gets really expensive.

• I am a woo woo ass hippy so I do collect CRYSTALS and prayer flags and marijuana smoking devices

• Records. I lost about 2500 in a basement flood around 6 or 7 years ago. It was roughly 1/3 of my collection. I’m currently back up to around 6000 or so records again.