Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 Beat Stutter/Looper Effect?

2»

Comments

• Scatterbrain is great for glitchy stuff

• @joaehun said:

After 5 years of development, does this situation currently stays similar in terms such a specific effect?

Jamm Pro is the most amazing app I have used for beat manipulation by a massive margin. Only problem is I’m pretty sure it’s not AUv3 but if not an instant dealbreaker then it is 100% worth your time to explore. I’ve made a few of my own sets and it blows my mind every time I play with it!

• It's nice of Monica to chime in. She's recommended some kind of YouTube ripper, so not the best first post ;)

On the plus side, she's much more attractive than all the hairy old men who usually post here!

• @FPC said:
    It's nice of Monica to chime in. She's recommended some kind of YouTube ripper, so not the best first post ;)

On the plus side, she's much more attractive than all the hairy old men who usually post here!

I think, she just hit the wrong thread, there is another one that had some posts recently about rippers. But I thought, she's a bit, too, before I saw the other thread.

• @tyslothrop1 said:

@FPC said:
    It's nice of Monica to chime in. She's recommended some kind of YouTube ripper, so not the best first post ;)

I think, she just hit the wrong thread, there is another one that had some posts recently about rippers. But I thought, she's a bot, too, before I saw the other thread.

• GUBGUB
    edited January 6

I love Turnado, but if “simple” is preferred, I think Koala FX fits the bill better. Turnado’s simple to get using, but deep, man… deep.

*on reflection, koala might not do the looping and slowing you’re looking for…

• Freezer, and midi map the presets to a controller

• @scrape said:

@joaehun said:
    So from what I've gathered from this post for a "similar" beat repeat effect on ios people are recommending:
    Turnado
    Effectrix,
    Perforator
    Atomizer
    FlyTape
    Replicant
    SpinFX (Cubase only)

All of them with their pros and cons but not necessarily with a speed regulation like the sp 404.

After 5 years of development, does this situation currently stays similar in terms such a specific effect?

Don’t forget Glitch Breaks:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/glitchbreaks/id520451538

Not sure if it’s quite the same thing, but looking at the thread title my immediate thought was Glitchcore.

• @taeo said:
    Freezer, and midi map the presets to a controller

Was going to say that.

• Here a little spontaneous recording I did with Jamm Pro (not really knowing what I'm doing)...

• Yeah , Jamm Pro is a really banging app. Over 30 years of Matt Black boiling down his essential DJ tools in Jamm Pro. Maybe not for weddings mind.

• @oddSTAR said:
    Here a little spontaneous recording I did with Jamm Pro (not really knowing what I'm doing)...

From the video I feel it’s impossible to understand what’s going on but I kind of like it!
    You’re applying the fx per pad when you press down and have XY parameters mapped to them?

• edited January 9

@joaehun said:

>

From the video I feel it’s impossible to understand what’s going on but I kind of like it!
    You’re applying the fx per pad when you press down and have XY parameters mapped to them?

Basically, yes! I know what you mean—at first it’s an intimidating array of mysterious squares!

I loaded up 4 rows of 8 drum loops from my collection and can simultaneously play one per row. Each individual pad functions as an XY pad which lets you warp that loop as it plays in interesting ways.

The lower left set of icons are effects that can be applied per row and the bottom right alters the way the loops play with various repeats, gates, etc. The XY pad in between them has a filter and something like a saturation/distortion effect.

That’s a 3x3 grid for one-shots or extra loops in the top right (mostly unpopulated in this set) and the red ones across the top are basically saved scenes.

I had no plan there but it’s super easy to make it sound amazing by just playing around. I have many, many old loops that sound dated and boring when I play them straight but Jamm Pro breathes new life into them!

• GlitchCore and Scatterbrain are awesome for stutter and glitch (and sustained loops)

• @oddSTAR said:

@joaehun said:

Jamm Pro is the most amazing app I have used for beat manipulation by a massive margin. Only problem is I’m pretty sure it’s not AUv3 but if not an instant dealbreaker then it is 100% worth your time to explore. I’ve made a few of my own sets and it blows my mind every time I play with it!

Yes, this app has ALOT of stutter-like fx. If you load it up with stems it would give you loads of different options. Underrated, but not AU.