Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioShare Help Needed

13»

Comments

• Sorry to hear it. Hopefully, the data made it into your last iCloud backup. Before you reset your iPad, you should probably back it up to your Mac just in case there is some problem with your iCloud backup. When you do that, you will want to just do a backup not a sync.

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2019

I’m afraid that if the files were still on your iPad after the initial disappearance, they were deleted while removing and reinstalling AS.
    Wim’s advice is the way I would do it. Make sure to not make new iCloud backups, that will overwrite the old one which hopefully has your old AS files.

All that audio data would make a large backup. Should be a way to check if iCloud.com still has that...

• @R_2 said:
    I’m afraid that if the files were still on your iPad after the initial disappearance, they were deleted while removing and reinstalling AS.
    Wim’s advice is the way I would do it. Make sure to not make new iCloud backups, that will overwrite the old one which hopefully has your old AS files.

All that audio data would make a large backup. Should be a way to check if iCloud.com still has that...

I totally forgot that she deleted the app. You are right. That would have deleted all the AudioShare content.

• @espiegel123 said:

@R_2 said:

I totally forgot that she deleted the app. You are right. That would have deleted all the AudioShare content.

Not always.

I have had issues with storage with Audioshare on my memory so did several delete, settings, and overall app management and configuration.

That is why I asked her about Airdrop range.

I found that with iCloud save enabled and in Airdrop range of my MacBook and another 2 iOS devices, I could delete Audioshare and then resintall and everything would still be there.

I have no idea how or why.

But, this app in particular seems to have a peculiar relationship with iCloud IMHO.

I fortunately delete most apps every 2 months to keep it fresh. Everything else goes to a seperate storage server and differing account on other devices and machines.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@espiegel123 said:

@R_2 said:

Not always.

I have had issues with storage with Audioshare on my memory so did several delete, settings, and overall app management and configuration.

I found that with iCloud save enabled and in Airdrop range of my MacBook and another 2 iOS devices, I could delete Audioshare and then resintall and everything would still be there.

But, this app in particular seems to have a peculiar relationship with iCloud IMHO.

I fortunately delete most apps every 2 months to keep it fresh. Everything else goes to a seperate storage server and differing account on other devices and machines.

If an app is deleted through “Offload App” the data remains on the device (which unfortunately I doubt has happened in this case). Standard deletion of apps would also erase its data on the device, afaik.
    If there are no other backups, iCloud is your only hope. Unless new iCloud backups have been made since the AudioShare delete.

According to Apple’s info there might be more than one backup (different dates and sizes). This would increase the chance of finding the one with the old AudioShare files🤞

• @R_2 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@espiegel123 said:

@R_2 said:

Not always.

If an app is deleted through “Offload App” the data remains on the device (which unfortunately I doubt has happened in this case). Standard deletion of apps would also erase its data on the device, afaik.
    If there are no other backups, iCloud is your only hope. Unless new iCloud backups have been made since the AudioShare delete.

According to Apple’s info there might be more than one backup (different dates and sizes). This would increase the chance of finding the one with the old AudioShare files🤞

Fingers crossed

The irony is I WAS TRYING TO GET RID OF THEM! LOL

• The files on my iPad were long gone by the time I did a delete and reinstall. You Guys are right, I am hoping for an old AS that I Hope is still in the cloud somewhere. If I get it back I will report back. Right now I feel SOL and shame on me for doing such permanent damage to my music making on iOS. There should be better protection for us all as this can happen to anyone. I always wanted more than cloud back ups. Since the Dev never answered me about having his own back up server of our in app content and Apple washing their hands of it because it is a third party APP, this whole experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth. AS is a major app, a major file management app can’t really make iOS music without it it’s essential! Sorry but I don’t trust strictly codes or clouds these days. I will continue to advocate for more reliable way of permanently saving our in app work. This is the 3rd time that I have lost in app content. The first 2 times apple lost my iclouds files. I am getting fed up of continually losing my pride and joy~my music, so it’s a very sad birthday for me. I will try to figure out the desktop but have had trouble figuring it out since Apple changed the iTunes back ups were before I could plainly see everything that was happening as opposed to now & how hidden the backing up is these days. Cheers to you guys for all of your advice. This group is the worlds best! You Guys totally Rock in my book, Susan

• @ElektrikDiva : I feel your pain, and I think that AudioShare offers a fair amount of protection against accidental deletion. I don't think there is anything more he could do.

Regular backing up to a computer via iTunes or iMazing or the like is highly recommended. If you need help getting that set up, just ask.

As others have mentioned, if you haven't backed up to the cloud since you deleted the files, you should be able to restore them from your last backup.

• Thanks @ espiegel yes I do need help in backing up my iPad to my desktop, that’s been a huge problem for me for many months. Yes that’s what I am hoping for. I guess a fair amount of protection for me still is not enough protection given my 3 experiences with losing my work permanently previously. The whole backing up thing for in app content of my own work could be improved upon and always made safer especially so since I am also paying Apple storage to save all my in app work which clearly there servers are not doing. If it was so easy to lose all my work for a longtime user like myself, then that can happen to any noob or any longtime user. Redundancy to the nth degree is needed,I don’t feel safe with any back up system at the moment given my 3 loss of work disasters. Also,AUM got emptied out to now zero files as well. Thus, there being linked has done me no favours in this regard! When you lose you LOSE big...not feeling the coding protection at the moment though. If this file loss can still happen in this day and age then the system is still lacking and still needs to be improved upon based on my personal experience IMHO. Elektrik Diva

• @ElektrikDiva : what is the point of confusion with regards to how to back up to iTunes?

• How to do it.

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    How to do it.

Launch iTunes

Connect your device

Choose the device

In the settings pane that appears, choose the This Computer option

Press the button that says backup

http://iosguides.net/backup-ipad-computer/

• Thank you very much @espiegel123! Elektrik Diva

• Update: I lost all 7 years of work & over 3000 music files that were once saved in Audioshare. To Dev Jonatan: Code is not the most reliable & perfect solution for saving all of our back up work files. Your apps are major ones used by most IOS musicians to save all of their music work and also in the same for AUM. Please consider having back up servers of your own as Apple will not back up in app content. So if they won’t do it then PLEASE do it for the IOS musicians. We need a reliable & more robust BACK-UP system for-in app content where one mistake should not be so easily overrode in order to avert having suffer such catastrophic consequences! iCloud ain’t gonna protect you guys. The Dev is not so great at it either. Sorry just totally upset. I am handicapped so iOS music making is my life and very IMPORTANT to me. Prior to this APPLE iCloud engineers lost my songs twice before.

• Question: Does anyone know how to back up songs outside of Audioshare & AUM? Thanks much, Elektrik Diva

• Update June 2019: I have lost everything saved in Audioshare/AUM. 7 years & 3000 music files. As a disabled bedroom producer music making is very IMPORTANT to me. iCloud does not back up and protect your in app made music files & songs ya’ll so buyer beware. Twice prior to this incident, iCloud engineers lost my songs forever. We need more protection and more robust backing up of our precious in app content/work! This is like losing everything just like the Universal Music fire that destroyed all those Masters from the warehouse 2008 fire! Very upset here. Jonatan, your apps are majorly used by most iOS musicians for back up. Relying on code is not just NOT enough. If I a long time iPad user like myself, could so easily lose everything by missing one pop up warning then noobies will be at great risk of repeating what happened to me. Solution? Since AS is a file saver PLEASE have your own servers backing up our precious music & samples. Thank you. We are all equally vulnerable here so make no mistake about it, what happened to me could very easily happen to anyone of you. Elektrik Diva

• Reading through this thread, I cannot tell if you ever tried restoring from your iCloud backup. If you didn’t back up to the cloud after the disaster then it seems like those files should be there. As mentioned earlier, you’d probably want to back up to iTunes on the desktop before restoring from iCloud just in case.

Anyway, if you don’t mind saying - did you restore from that iCloud backup or not?

• edited June 2019

It would also be important to know if the last backup was made before, the AudioShare app was deleted and reinstalled as deleting the app deletes the associated data.

• If I remember correctly it was before.

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    There should be better protection for us all as this can happen to anyone. I always wanted more than cloud back ups. Since the Dev never answered me about having his own back up server of our in app content and Apple washing their hands of it because it is a third party APP, this whole experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't think you should blame developers for your lack of backup. They would have to write an entire backup service in addition to their music apps, and backup services are hard, and a completely different kind of app. They'd also have to run a cloud service. Would you be willing to pay a monthly fee to support this? Or do you see it as being free to you, the user?

AS is a major app, a major file management app can’t really make iOS music without it it’s essential! Sorry but I don’t trust strictly codes or clouds these days. I will continue to advocate for more reliable way of permanently saving our in app work. This is the 3rd time that I have lost in app content. The first 2 times apple lost my iclouds files. I am getting fed up of continually losing my pride and joy~my music, so it’s a very sad birthday for me.

It sounds like it might be time to start making backups. ITunes will do it. So will other third party apps. Or just manually copy to an external drive. It might sound harsh, but if you have lost work multiple times because it's not backed up, then it's really your fault. Computer storage is far from 100% reliable. If the data is important, then back it up! And not just in one place, either.

• Is iTunes Store the same as iTunes? If so, where are the settings? (There is no iTunes app, only iTunes Store)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Is iTunes Store the same as iTunes? If so, where are the settings? (There is no iTunes app, only iTunes Store)

He id talking about running the iTunes app on a desktop machine. It can backup iDevices to disk.

• @mistercharlie said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    There should be better protection for us all as this can happen to anyone. I always wanted more than cloud back ups. Since the Dev never answered me about having his own back up server of our in app content and Apple washing their hands of it because it is a third party APP, this whole experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't think you should blame developers for your lack of backup. They would have to write an entire backup service in addition to their music apps, and backup services are hard, and a completely different kind of app. They'd also have to run a cloud service. Would you be willing to pay a monthly fee to support this? Or do you see it as being free to you, the user?

AS is a major app, a major file management app can’t really make iOS music without it it’s essential! Sorry but I don’t trust strictly codes or clouds these days. I will continue to advocate for more reliable way of permanently saving our in app work. This is the 3rd time that I have lost in app content. The first 2 times apple lost my iclouds files. I am getting fed up of continually losing my pride and joy~my music, so it’s a very sad birthday for me.

It sounds like it might be time to start making backups. ITunes will do it. So will other third party apps. Or just manually copy to an external drive. It might sound harsh, but if you have lost work multiple times because it's not backed up, then it's really your fault. Computer storage is far from 100% reliable. If the data is important, then back it up! And not just in one place, either.

Your assumptions are indeed overly harsh and incorrect Charlie. I had/have everything backed up on an external hard drive. iCloud too. Before you criticize me FIRST, get the correct facts buddy.I always do multiple back ups those systems all failed me in being unable to retrieve what was lost.

• @ElektrikDiva said:

@mistercharlie said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Your assumptions are indeed overly harsh and incorrect Charlie. I had/have everything backed up on an external hard drive. iCloud too. Before you criticize me FIRST, get the correct facts buddy.I always do multiple back ups those systems all failed me in being unable to retrieve what was lost.

If everything was backed up to an external hard drive before the files disappeared, you can retrieve them from the backup.

What app did you use for the backup?

• Just a the regular iTunes sync and a manual backup on the iMac but there is no AS data left in it.

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Just a the regular iTunes sync and a manual backup on the iMac but there is no AS data left in it.

That indicates that the backup happened after you deleted the app. If you regularly backed up, there will be earlier backups you can retrieve the data from those.

• I back up every two weeks or so. I Don’t know how to access stuff on the external hard drive, as for the iMac nothing is in the file sharing AS app.

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    I back up every two weeks or so. I Don’t know how to access stuff on the external hard drive, as for the iMac nothing is in the file sharing AS app.

Do a google search to learn how to restore your iPad from a backup. You will find many tutorials.

It is possible (but I am not certain) that iMazing may be able to selectively retrieve data from iTunes backups.

• Thanx very much appreciate the help! Take care, Elektrik Diva

• @j_liljedahl said:
    I understand that you're hoping I have an answer for you, but unfortunately I do not. AudioShare asks before deleting a whole folder, and when you say "yes" it's actually not deleted but moved to the /Trash folder. From there you need to manually delete it again to really get rid of it, again via a confirmation popup.

Ok, that explains a lot. I didn't realize moving files to Trash in Audioshare will not delete the file. Fortunately there's only 20 items in there so I can take care of that shortly.