Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioShare Help Needed

Hi Everyone! I was downloading some of the freebie presets from another thread on here and now I need your help! I don’t really know what I did but without a pop up warning or kind of any heads up I deleted my entire contents of my music files about 3000 in Audioshare yesterday. Does anyone here know the quickest way to restore this app only and just its internal content files only and not every other app that I own as those as all fine? I have an iCloud back up account and an old iMac desktop. Any tips would be grateful here as it represents about 7 years of my music presets and music songs that I made etc. Have I really everything in there? I thank you in advance, Cheers, Elektrik Diva

Comments

• Has it been backed up in cloud?

Did you delete the app or just files?

Did you delete the trash folders?

• Hey Rustik, The trash folder is empty. I think it is backed up in the cloud but I do not know how to proceed. I did reinstall the app hoping that all my files would magically return but they did not. Thanx! Elektrik Diva

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

Have you checked the trash can in in Audiobus? Unless you emptied it, the files should still be there.

Also, did you check “Recently Deleted” in the Files app?

Other than that. STOP your iCloud backup right now! If it backs up and that backup is after your AudioShare deletion, the files won’t be there. If your last backup includes the AudioShare files, then a full cloud restore (after manually backing up anything you need that was changed since the last backup) should recover your files. However, all apps and your iOS version will be updated to the latest versions, and any apps that you have on your device that are no longer available in the App Store, or incompatible with the latest iOS will be un-restorable.

If possible, I make a safety backup using iTunes on the computer before attempting an iCloud restore.

• I had a quick look online there- you can visit the iCloud website from any platform to check what you have stored there.
    Do you pay for iCloud storage?

I previously deleted AudioShare and my files were reinstated when I redownloaded it.

• I> @ElektrikDiva said:

Hi Everyone! I was downloading some of the freebie presets from another thread on here and now I need your help! I don’t really know what I did but without a pop up warning or kind of any heads up I deleted my entire contents of my music files about 3000 in Audioshare yesterday. Does anyone here know the quickest way to restore this app only and just its internal content files only and not every other app that I own as those as all fine? I have an iCloud back up account and an old iMac desktop. Any tips would be grateful here as it represents about 7 years of my music presets and music songs that I made etc. Have I really everything in there? I thank you in advance, Cheers, Elektrik Diva

In AudioShare, when you throw something into ITS trash, it stays in the trashcan until you go into the trash can and delete the contents from there.

Have you looked inside AudioShare's trash? I've never seen anything get deleted from its internal trash folder without a confirmation -- and you have to actually select the trash subfolders.

• Hi All, My AS trash can is empty. I hear you about the confirmation but I don’t know how this happened.

• Yes I pay for iCloud storage. I will head to their website now thank you. Deleting and Reinstalling did nada. Thanx all! If I am successful I will report back. Elektrik Diva

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Yes I pay for iCloud storage. I will head to their website now thank you. Deleting and Reinstalling did nada. Thanx all! If I am successful I will report back. Elektrik Diva

Let us know

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Yes I pay for iCloud storage. I will head to their website now thank you. Deleting and Reinstalling did nada. Thanx all! If I am successful I will report back. Elektrik Diva

Make SURE icloud backup is disabled immediately! You do not want your empty AudioShare contents to be backed up if possible. Hopefully there’s a pre-deletion backup there. If so then a restore of your device from iCloud should recover the files.

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

Have you checked “recently deleted” in the files app?

Also, if nothing is in the trash, then is it possible you just accidentally moved the folder into a sub-tree somewhere? I’ve seen people do that many, many times in any structure that involves folders.

Maybe try swiping up on the files list then searching for a file name that you know you had. It’s worth a shot. ...though I guess if you already deleted and reinstalled AudioShare, that might have permanently killed them.

• @ElektrikDiva said:

If you deleted the app from your device, it is possible that the data is now gone. One of the dangers of delete/reinstall is that when you delete, the OS deletes associated data. Also, some apps data does not apparently get saved in iCloud backups. There was a recent discussion on the Auria Pro forum about this and that you need to explicitly back up your Auria Pro data by another method other than iCloud backups. (Which sounds like a bug to me but that is a different topic).

• Jonatan? Are you around? Still unsure what to do next and I could really use your expertise weigh in here. It’s like what am I paying monthly for iCloud back up if you can’t retrieve your backed up work? I am generating an apple report now and pray that I’m not SOL. Thanks everyone I will keep you updated! Would calling AppleCare be helpful in this instance even though it’s not an Apple app? Still uncertain/confused as to my next move. Cheers, Elektrik Diva

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Jonatan? Are you around? Still unsure what to do next and I could really use your expertise weigh in here. It’s like what am I paying monthly for iCloud back up if you can’t retrieve your backed up work? I am generating an apple report now and pray that I’m not SOL. Thanks everyone I will keep you updated! Would calling AppleCare be helpful in this instance even though it’s not an Apple app? Still uncertain/confused as to my next move. Cheers, Elektrik Diva

Did you try an iCloud restore or not? Deleting and restoring the app would not have restored the content from an iCloud backup. Only specifically doing a restore of your device would do that. (See warnings above about apps being updated, etc.)

• According to Apple it’s a Third Party app so they cannot help me! They said to contact the Dev. So I did, just waiting to hear back if I my work is safe or long gone...Thanks guys for your quick help here your the best & way better than Applechat!!! I am wondering what I am paying my monthly iCloud back-up storage fee for if my in app content is not backed up there so that seems like a scam to me. Should I discontinue paying for a half crap service back up? Do you guys pay that monthly iCloud fee? Is it worth it? I thought I was buying far more protection than that. I never trusted the Cloud! Now, I have no piece of mind storing my in app data with them again. Apple lost my in app work twice already on me all thanks to their icloud!!! Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Cheers!

• App developers are free to implement iCloud backup if they want and how they want it.
    If you want to make sure you don't loose > 1 day's of work then connect your iDevice with iTunes once a day and keep automatic backup enabled.
    No need to pay for iCloud if that's all you want.

• Hi Wim I don’t know how to restore the iCloud so I am waiting for Jonatan to advise me what to do next before I make anything worse! He is a super responsive Dev. I am not gonna do anything until I hear back from him. It all depends now if he has his own servers backing up our nap. AS files. I think at this point, I am really royally hosed...but miracles do happen, gotta keep positive!

• @rs2000 said:
    App developers are free to implement iCloud backup if they want and how they want it.
    If you want to make sure you don't loose > 1 day's of work then connect your iDevice with iTunes once a day and keep automatic backup enabled.
    No need to pay for iCloud if that's all you want.

And that daily step would also save and back up my in app content as well as just app updates? I also have an external hard drive attached to the iMac that might save me.

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

OK, but you’re assumption that AudioShare content isn’t backed up is likely wrong. I have restored devices from completely reset state, and have had all my content, including AudioShare restored.

If you haven’t turned on iCloud backup, that’s another matter. But you probably have it turned on. To check, go to iCloud and scroll down to iCloud Backup, and see if it’s turned on. If so, then go to the details, it it will tell you when the last successful backup was. If it was before the disaster, then you can restore from that backup and you should get your content back. BUT, only if a later backup doesn’t overwrite it. This is why I keep repeating: Be sure your iCloud backup is turned OFF if you’re not going to do this right away.

Restoring from iCloud backup (if you have one) is easy. https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521. You might want to consider backing up separately to a computer using iTunes just for safety first though.

It’s of course good that you’re waiting to see if @j_liljedahl (tagging him here as he might not see this thread unless notified) has other advice, but you’ll be nuking your last resort if that backup gets overwritten, so start there.

• Hi Wim you are a Pro user. Thanks for the advice but I cannot even locate iCloud back up on my ipad.

• OK I shut off the iCloud which was still on. Last back up was yesterday at 7:13 PM which I think was before the disaster not totally sure tho. I shut off another iCloud thing there too. Trying next retrieval steps now thanks Wim. Why did not Apple send me this page when I reached out to them? Jeesh! You guys are lifesavers. Cheers, off to noodle some more.

• That’s been another huge problem of mine since Apple made all these iTunes changes over the past year. I don’t know how to back up my iPad to iTunes anymore to save my new app purchases etc.

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    That’s been another huge problem of mine since Apple made all these iTunes changes over the past year. I don’t know how to back up my iPad to iTunes anymore to save my new app purchases etc.

Probably best to stay away from iTunes then. The last thing you want is for it to do some kind of sync that you don’t want.

That is good news about the backup. There is hope.

• Thanx Wim I really appreciate your help today, your a rock star in my book! Cheers!

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Thanx Wim I really appreciate your help today, your a rock star in my book! Cheers!

I really hope it works out for you. I just hate the thought of someone losing all that.

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Thanx Wim I really appreciate your help today, your a rock star in my book! Cheers!

Once you get this figured, I recommend learning how to backup to your iMac. You can backup without synching. It makes restores smoother and much faster ( though they still take a long time due to app restore happening via download).

• @espiegel123 said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Once you get this figured, I recommend learning how to backup to your iMac. You can backup without synching. It makes restores smoother and much faster ( though they still take a long time due to app restore happening via download).

You and both Wim, I thank you so much for your concern! @espiegel That’s been the plan all along but I lack the know how to do it. May have to call Apple ugh again for that advice.

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

@ElektrikDiva said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

You and both Wim, I thank you so much for your concern! @espiegel That’s been the plan all along but I lack the know how to do it. May have to call Apple ugh again for that advice.

...after the restore though. ITunes is of no use to you right now since you don’t have a backup there. What you need to do is an iCloud restore straight from the device.

If you want to back up the device as-is to iTunes before doing the restore, you can but that would only help you get back to were in the unlikely event that something went awful with the icloud restore. The backup instructions are easy (I can look them up for you if you like). But IMO you’re better off just doing the cloud restore.

• @ElektrikDiva said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Do you have any other devices in the Air Drop radius of the device with Audioshare on it?

Just wondering.

• Do you have any other devices in the Air Drop radius of the device with Audioshare on it?

Just wondering.

Nop, just my iMac desktop computer Rustik.

• @wim said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

...after the restore though. ITunes is of no use to you right now since you don’t have a backup there. What you need to do is an iCloud restore straight from the device.

If you want to back up the device as-is to iTunes before doing the restore, you can but that would only help you get back to were in the unlikely event that something went awful with the icloud restore. The backup instructions are easy (I can look them up for you if you like). But IMO you’re better off just doing the cloud restore.

OK Wim, thanks. Will try from the Apple help sheet that you sent me earlier, I think that’s what you are suggesting I try first. Yes will need to back up iTunes afterwards, sure if you could find the how to back up the iPad with itunes instructions I could use those too. Cheers!