Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Not been here for most this year - what have I missed?

Comments

• Welcome back @Fruitbat1919 and here's to better health and less weight.

I too have been away and still will be. Determined that I'm spending way too much time browsing and shopping and not enough actual music time.

I did miss hearing about this new DRC thing. Hmmmm ...

• @RUST( i )K said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yeah I know how can you sum up all the great apps and happenings I must have missed lol

Where you been?

PRISON?

Lol. Na, just not well :p

• @kinkujin said:
    Welcome back @Fruitbat1919 and here's to better health and less weight.

I too have been away and still will be. Determined that I'm spending way too much time browsing and shopping and not enough actual music time.

I did miss hearing about this new DRC thing. Hmmmm ...

Yeah I could say I saved a packet on apps, but spent it all on other stuff anyway :D

• I’ve been missing in action again!

Can anyone fill me in to what’s new on the IOS music app front for the last four months? Lol

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Hey fella :smile:

Hi dude. What u been up to?

• edited February 2020

Not a lot, work and life stuff mainly....haha, what about you ?
    On the app front I’ve been concentrating on the apps I already have and not really buying anything new, there’s been a lot of AU FX and a few synths released but I’ve mainly stayed away from them.

I’ll leave it to others to fill you in on those :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Not a lot, work and life stuff mainly....haha, what about you ?
    On the app front I’ve been concentrating on the apps I already have and not really buying anything new, there’s been a lot of AU FX and a few synths released but I’ve mainly stayed away from them.

I’ll leave it to others to fill you in on those :)

Year life and house stuff. Head been too shit to play any music, but going to give it a go again. Thought I would check in to see what’s happening in adipose land (as my wife calls it here lol).

• edited February 2020

I guess the biggie for me was Cubasis coming to phone, a few teething troubles but they are being sorted.
    Say Hi to the missus from me, does she still bring you beans on toast and beers :D

• Oh and, did you catch any clunkers ?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Oh and, did you catch any clunkers ?

@AndyPlankton said:

What’s a Clunker lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

What’s a Clunker lol

A huge fish :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

What’s a Clunker lol

Not been - been too ill for that malarkey. I have rearranged my tackle. Well rearranged the whole spare room - it’s fishing tackle on one wall, dining table in the middle and shelving on the other side for a new computer and a hardware synth when I get them.

I’m thinking of my iPad going through a Yamaha Modx hooked up to a computer.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’ve been missing in action again!

Can anyone fill me in to what’s new on the IOS music app front for the last four months? Lol

Drambo not released yet so nothing to write home about :D

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

What’s a Clunker lol

Not been - been too ill for that malarkey. I have rearranged my tackle. Well rearranged the whole spare room - it’s fishing tackle on one wall, dining table in the middle and shelving on the other side for a new computer and a hardware synth when I get them.

What else does one need today? 👍🏼

• @rs2000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

What’s a Clunker lol

Still no Drambo! Lol I will have no hair left by the time it arrives!

Yep! Like the fact that the Modx has lots of automation, an AD input and a 2in 10out sound card built in.

Thinking my iPad can be basically a beat / drum machine as the AD input let’s Modx sounds be affected by the incoming audio signal.

Then take main recording duties to the computer instead as my iPad struggles at times as it’s getting on a bit now.

• edited February 2020

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rs2000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

What’s a Clunker lol

Yep! Like the fact that the Modx has lots of automation, an AD input and a 2in 10out sound card built in.

Thinking my iPad can be basically a beat / drum machine as the AD input let’s Modx sounds be affected by the incoming audio signal.

Then take main recording duties to the computer instead as my iPad struggles at times as it’s getting on a bit now.

Best to try different combinations. Workflow is such a personal thing (as are apps!) and I strongly believe that it's wiser to start with what you have and see if you miss anything at all.
    An old app is not a bad app. Not at all.

Ah btw, yes, one subject you've (probably) missed is the AGANUS principle:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36951/the-lady-app-titude-aganus-principle

• Hey @Fruitbat1919 ! Hope you're getting a bit of break from the headaches.

Did you catch any of:

• Sugar-bytes Factory
    • miRack
    • SnuVx went AUv3
    • All the Toneboosters, Eventide and Fabfilter AU FX plugins

I think they were the highlights for me but there have been a lot of new toys and quite likely have missed several other major new excitements.

Good to see you back!

• @rs2000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rs2000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

What’s a Clunker lol

Best to try different combinations. Workflow is such a personal thing (as are apps!) and I strongly believe that it's wiser to start with what you have and see if you miss anything at all.
    An old app is not a bad app. Not at all.

Ah btw, yes, one subject you've (probably) missed is the AGANUS principle:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36951/the-lady-app-titude-aganus-principle

Interesting. I will read the thread. I’m just reloading my apps and have stuck mainly to any apps that easily make interesting beats or just purely sound making apps. I have put a couple of DAWs back on to use until I’ve got the computer sorted out which will be next month.

Having not used my iPad for making any music in what seems like an age now, all my apps seem quite new again - but I can never escape the thrill found with a new purchase. And here I am....looking for the new again!

• Another vote for the new host of Eventide and Toneboosters effects. Both a step up in quality compared to most iOS effects apps, right alongside FabFilter.

https://apps.apple.com/us/developer/eventide/id546518026

https://apps.apple.com/us/developer/toneboosters/id1472446500

• @handed said:
    Another vote for the new host of Eventide and Toneboosters effects. Both a step up in quality compared to most iOS effects apps, right alongside FabFilter.

Thanks. I definitely missed the Tonebooster releases

• @Jocphone said:
    Hey @Fruitbat1919 ! Hope you're getting a bit of break from the headaches.

Did you catch any of:

• Sugar-bytes Factory
    • miRack
    • SnuVx went AUv3

I think they were the highlights for me but there have been a lot of new toys and quite likely have missed several other major new excitements.

Good to see you back!

Thanks

I was here for Factory, but missed mirack and what’s SnuVx?

• edited February 2020

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@handed said:
    Another vote for the new host of Eventide and Toneboosters effects. Both a step up in quality compared to most iOS effects apps, right alongside FabFilter.

Thanks. I definitely missed the Tonebooster releases

ReelBus and Reverb are awesome creative effects, definitely worth checking out.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you catch any of:

• Sugar-bytes Factory
    • miRack
    • SnuVx went AUv3

Good to see you back!

Thanks

Oh ye of shortened memory! You know VunSox?

• @Jocphone said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you catch any of:

• Sugar-bytes Factory
    • miRack
    • SnuVx went AUv3

Good to see you back!

Thanks

O my god! Is VunSox still unmentionable lol

• Welcome back Mr Bat!

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I have rearranged my tackle.

Me too, as we get older there’s a fair bit of chafing to contend with.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Welcome back Mr Bat!

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I have rearranged my tackle.

Me too, as we get older there’s a fair bit of chafing to contend with.

There sure is :D

• Welcome back @Fruitbat1919 was wondering the other day when you were going to come back to us.

You may have missed this l'il ole thing ...
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36425/mononoke-expressive-drone-synthesizer/p1

• edited February 2020

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Jocphone said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you catch any of:

• Sugar-bytes Factory
    • miRack
    • SnuVx went AUv3

Good to see you back!

Thanks

O my god! Is VunSox still unmentionable lol

I don't go for superstition, I don't salute lone Magpie's, or pick up pennies....so

SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX SUNVOX

Ahhhh, I feel better now :)