Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 13

167891012»

Comments

• edited September 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Some more people here who tried Auria and Cubasis already?

• @Crabman said:
    Some more people here who tried Auria and Cubasis already?

Don't have Auria but Cubasis is working just as good as it did prior to updating to iPadOS13.1 on my iPad Air 2.

• Felt any change in the battery life? iPad Air 2

• Animoog just got an update for iOS 13!

• @lasselu said:
    No. I'm not on KVR. I've submited a support request on SugarBytes website instead.

Sugar Bytes have replied:

"thanks for your report! We will of course look into this and hopefully
    come up with a solution as soon as we could reproduce it here in our
    office and let you know.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the trouble!

Best,
    Nadine"

• Lots of issues with Patterning 2 on iPadOS... drum kits not selecting correctly and swapping on saves, patterns not playing back correctly (but only sometimes), graphical and layout glitches when switching between tabs that require a reset to fix, and a couple crashes. Not really usable in it's current state.

The dev is usually pretty quick on updates, so I'm waiting until a post-iPadOS update drops before adding issues to his GitHub issue tracker.

• @Samu said:

@Crabman said:

Don't have Auria but Cubasis is working just as good as it did prior to updating to iPadOS13.1 on my iPad Air 2.

Thanks.

But is really no one (with ipadOS) using Auria these days?Even their own forum is quiet...makes me nervous about Aurias future at all.

• @Crabman said:

@Samu said:

@Crabman said:

Thanks.

But is really no one (with ipadOS) using Auria these days?Even their own forum is quiet...makes me nervous about Aurias future at all.

I have Auria and have been using it during the whole beta process to test my apps in. I don't use it extensively, but every feature of Auria I have run across works fine in iPadOS.

• Thanks,makes it hard to resist now :)

• I think that iOS 13 enables automatic app update , I updated my iPhone (keeping the iPad on 12.3 stable) , and I’m sure I had updates disabled
    Anyone confirm ?

• on my phone auto updates were still disabled

• @Crabman said:
    on my phone auto updates were still disabled

Thanks , I don’t use the iPhone for music much , so I might forgot to disable it

• edited September 2019

@NeonSilicon said:

@Hmtx said:
    @MarcelX Behringer fail !?!? Uh oh, I use the UMC404HD... will need to test tonight.

I have the UMC404 and it's working fine for me. I'd be really interested to know how the 1820 is failing. I think it's a bit different to the 204/404 in design.

I connect the 1820 with my iphone 7 (ios 13.1.1) trough the unpowered camera connection dongle, just like I do with my ipad (ios 12.3.1).
    The 1820 is recognized for I can see all input and output channels. It just refuse to pass the audio signal!

• edited October 2019

Some more tests with my iphone 7 ios 13.1.1
    I’m using the older unpowered camera connection dongle (my powered one is send back to Apple under waranty).
    Keys are tested with Korg iMono/Poly (1.2.2) Synths are tested with StepPolyArp Unit (4.1.8).

• Novation Impulse 49: Work fine
    • M-audio Keystation Mini 32: Perfect
    • Line 6 MobileKeys25: No issues
    • Arturia BeatStep Pro: No problem
    • Behringer Model D : Works
    • Waldorf Blofeld: Works

I realize my usb dongle is not the latest model and StepPolyArp did not mention ios 13 fix in their update last month.
    (update: StepPolyArp 4.1.8 fixed the usb problem).

• @MarcelX said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@Hmtx said:
    @MarcelX Behringer fail !?!? Uh oh, I use the UMC404HD... will need to test tonight.

I have the UMC404 and it's working fine for me. I'd be really interested to know how the 1820 is failing. I think it's a bit different to the 204/404 in design.

I connect the 1820 with my iphone 7 (ios 13.1.1) trough the unpowered camera connection dongle, just like I do with my ipad (ios 12.3.1).
    The 1820 is recognized for I can see all input and output channels. It just refuse to pass the audio signal!

Interesting. Thanks for the info! I've been thinking about getting the 1820 to do some experimenting with hex pickups from my guitars.

There's definitely something different going on between the 404 and the 1820. I can't use the UMC404HD without power to the CCK. That's with the 404 powered and connected through a powered USB hub connected to my iPad with the CCK. I still need to power the CCK from one of the powered ports on the USB hub. Maybe I need to have the power connection because of the version of iPad I'm using. I have the v1.5 9.7" pro.

Thanks for responding to my question. I'll hold off for a bit on this project until I can figure more out.

• How can i activate this column view in the files app?

All i get is this and i can't see options to change the view.

• @Crabman said:
    How can i activate this column view in the files app?

Just pull down from the top and other options will be exposed including alternate views.

• @royor said:

@Crabman said:
    How can i activate this column view in the files app?

Just pull down from the top and other options will be exposed including alternate views.

Oooooh👀 Thanks,SO much better than before...

• Has the three finger bug been fixed?

• @lasselu said:
    I've had a problem with SugarBytes Factory inside AUM. I had a project with four instances of Factory and when I re-opened it after upgrading to iOS 13 three of the instances played no sound until I had changed presets in them.
    Not sure if it's related to iOS 13 but has anyone else noticed something like this?

I couldn’t get factory keyboard To work in AUM a few times without changing presets

• Haven't been following the whole iOS 13 development closely, so sorry if this was discussed earlier.
    Is there a good reason not to update my Air2? Mostly interested in music related things (AUM + AUs), stability and if there is any performance benefit?
    Also, planning to get Air3 soon, so it would be great to hear your experience with Air3/mini5.
    Thank you!

• Bluetooth connect is messed up for Korg products. Line 6 Sonic Port doesn’t work. File associations (Open In) are messed up for certain apps. AudioShare has some issues with the file provider but is still usable for most things. AirDrop seems to have some issues, though I don’t remember specifics.

All in all, it seems pretty good. I’m holding off on my Air 2 until the Korg issues settle out, but my phone is done and there are no major issues I’ve noticed.

• Thanks @wim!
    I think I’m staying on 12 for now.

• edited October 2019

@AudioGus said:

@lasselu said:

@AudioGus said:

@lasselu said:

@AudioGus said:

@lasselu said:
    I've had a problem with SugarBytes Factory inside AUM. I had a project with four instances of Factory and when I re-opened it after upgrading to iOS 13 three of the instances played no sound until I had changed presets in them.
    Not sure if it's related to iOS 13 but has anyone else noticed something like this?

Eek! This is exactly why I am holding off on updating the main iPad for a bit. Would hate to lose one of the keeper projects.

Yeah, just tried it again and the same thing happens even though I re-saved the project after re-selecting the correct presets.

Did you try resaving the correct presets under new names?

Yep, didn't work. In fact, I started a new project with just two instances of Factory and the same problem occurs in that. So I guess Factory has problems with iOS 13. I'll keep experimenting but Savage Builds is on and I'm gonna watch that first... :)

Ahhh, well thankfully Sugarbytes is pretty quick on the draw with fixes. Are you on KVR, able to log it?

This problem happened to me in Factory last Friday (10th Oct) when Factory didn’t produce audio output. I fixed it by removing Factory from the AUM set and re-adding it, but I hadn’t thought to try fixing it by changing presets.

• @craftycurate said:

@AudioGus said:

@lasselu said:

@AudioGus said:

@lasselu said:

@AudioGus said:

@lasselu said:

Eek! This is exactly why I am holding off on updating the main iPad for a bit. Would hate to lose one of the keeper projects.

Yeah, just tried it again and the same thing happens even though I re-saved the project after re-selecting the correct presets.

Did you try resaving the correct presets under new names?

Yep, didn't work. In fact, I started a new project with just two instances of Factory and the same problem occurs in that. So I guess Factory has problems with iOS 13. I'll keep experimenting but Savage Builds is on and I'm gonna watch that first... :)

Ahhh, well thankfully Sugarbytes is pretty quick on the draw with fixes. Are you on KVR, able to log it?

This problem happened to me in Factory last Friday (10th Oct) when Factory didn’t produce audio output. I fixed it by removing Factory from the AUM set and re-adding it, but I hadn’t thought to try fixing it by changing presets.

I have run into it now in BM3. It produces sound when I switch patches so I just make sure to save the patch so that when I load the session I just reload the patch.

• Seems to have mucked up my iphone SE hotspot, ipad and computers have much more difficulty connecting for me now and often can't see the device....

• @Carnbot said:
    Seems to have mucked up my iphone SE hotspot, ipad and computers have much more difficulty connecting for me now and often can't see the device....

Same here, I have to open settings on my se and then I have to manually connect my ipad to the hotspot each time.

• @denx said:

@Carnbot said:
    Seems to have mucked up my iphone SE hotspot, ipad and computers have much more difficulty connecting for me now and often can't see the device....

Same here, I have to open settings on my se and then I have to manually connect my ipad to the hotspot each time.

Sometimes my ipad says I have the wrong wifi password too which is another bug :neutral:

• My iPhone 7 and iPad 9.7 pro are both running version 13.1.2 now!

The Behringer UMC1820 did not produce any sound, because there is a minor bug in the device. Only at first time use, the audio is muted, and is resolved after turning volume up!

Now waiting for Korg to fix the bluetooth MiDi on nanoKey and nanKontrol Studio.