Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 13

Comments

• @Charlesalbert said:
    All fine here. All apps tested working like before.
    iPad Pro 2018z maybe slower in certain situation but with some updates the will iron out the bugs.
    iPhone pro incredibly a little bit slower then my Xs max.
    Maybe I will not sell it after all.

If you've got loads of photos on it the initial scanning will slow things down until done.
    It will take some time to go thru 450+ apps I have installed...

• edited September 2019

@Santosgera said:
    Someone can report your experience with the iPadOS on iPad air 2?
    Particularly battery life.
    Thanks

For what it is worth, everyone please DO NOT report anything about battery life until your device has been updated for a few days or a week to be safe.

There are a lot of battery-intensive things going on for a while after you upgrade to a new iOS version, so initial reports on batteries are useless, and most likely will be lower because iOS is doing so much extra work in the background.

And the same is probably true about audio app performance. the iPad will be working on other stuff in the background, so today or tomorrow is not a great time to get an accurate guage on performance.

Just a thought 😉

• @Hmtx said:

@Santosgera said:
    Someone can report your experience with the iPadOS on iPad air 2?
    Particularly battery life.
    Thanks

For what it is worth, everyone please DO NOT report anything about battery life until your device has been updated for a few days or a week to be safe.

There are a lot of battery-intensive things going on for a while after you upgrade to a new iOS version, so initial reports on batteries are useless, and most likely will be lower because iOS is doing so much extra work in the background.

And the same is probably true about audio app performance. the iPad will be working on other stuff in the background, so today or tomorrow is not a great time to get an accurate guage on performance.

Just a thought 😉

It is true!
    Thanks
    👍🏻

• Animoog still has the issue on the iphone with messed up GUI. Iphone 8 Plus, iOS 13.1

• edited September 2019

I see the fantom flashing red microphone 🎤 icon bug is still on ipadios.

• @[Deleted User] said:

You mean the one that can be seen when going back to the home-screen from an app that has background audio enabled?

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

You mean the one that can be seen when going back to the home-screen from an app that has background audio enabled?

Yep, never had it on ios 12, when i close AUM i get the icon.

• @[Deleted User] said:

I've had that on iOS for as long as I can remember. It used be a red bar that covered the top of the screen in the early days...

• edited September 2019

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

I've had that on iOS for as long as I can remember. It used be a red bar that covered the top of the screen in the early days...

I never had it on ios 12 and all apps are closed. Icon only on safari.

• Can anybody please confirm that Samplr is still working on iPad OS (iOS13.1)? Just to be sure before pulling the trigger 😉

• @rgb3 said:
    Can anybody please confirm that Samplr is still working on iPad OS (iOS13.1)? Just to be sure before pulling the trigger 😉

A quick check and everything looks good

• can use an old usb stick (yay !!) but not the one I'm currently using the most ("needs too much power" or so) .. better than nothing

my Akai MPK mini also still working, the Apogee Jam still needs a testing, but so far so good

• I got an in-app notification today that Positive Grid have had reports of BIAS FX (one of my go-to guitar apps) not working with iOS13 and urge people not to upgrade until they have fixed it.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Yes, I have that too on my iPad since iPadOS beta. No apps running. You have to make an hard reset.

• @RJB said:

@rgb3 said:
    Can anybody please confirm that Samplr is still working on iPad OS (iOS13.1)? Just to be sure before pulling the trigger 😉

A quick check and everything looks good

THANK YOU so much for the clarification @RJB ! My life is complete now 😉🙌

• update apps by going to your account now? there is no bottom tab anymore for it

• @[Deleted User] said:

I get this almost always when using AUM

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Also when you close AUM down and all other music apps?

• edited September 2019

So it took > @Faland said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Yes, I have that too on my iPad since iPadOS beta. No apps running. You have to make an hard reset.

That’s the IAA ghost bug. It’s been there for a while. If you know what app it might be just open it from the icon and swipe it up. I only ever use one or two iaa apps so I generally know which one is ghosting out on me.

....or was it an IAA zombie?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Also when you close AUM down and all other music apps?

No it usually goes away when you close the app. I used to get that issue where it'll be in the top middle of the screen like your screen shot during the beta. Hasn't happened to me yet but I just updated and idk how to replicate the issue without just opening music apps

• So I updated to iOS 13.1 on my iPhone 6 only. Good news: IAA apps work through Audiobus and so does my Focusrite iTrack dock. Bad news: my Line6 SonicPort VX doesn’t transmit data even though my iPhone DAW recognizes it. (n-Track Pro). I’ll keep messing with it to see if it’s just me or not.

• edited September 2019

@busker said:

@Sergiu said:
    update apps by going to your account now? there is no bottom tab anymore for it

Yes, they've replaced an essential OS function (application updates) with the much more important Apple Arcade. Updates are now relegated to a tiny window hidden in the user account button (Maybe not such a big change for iPhone users, but annoying for iPad owners).

• edited September 2019

• @busker said:

@busker said:

@Sergiu said:

Yes, they've replaced an essential OS function (application updates) with the much more important Apple Arcade. Updates are now relegated to a tiny window hidden in the user account button (Maybe not such a big change for iPhone users, but annoying for iPad owners).

You can also long press the App Store icon and access updates from there.

• Anyone else super happy to see smaller icons on iPadOS? Finally! After living with ridiculously large icons on the 12.9 for years, it is nice to have a bit better use of the home screen space.

• @Hmtx said:
    Anyone else super happy to see smaller icons on iPadOS? Finally! After living with ridiculously large icons on the 12.9 for years, it is nice to have a bit better use of the home screen space.

I directly reverted back to the old style.

Instead of reducing only the space between icons and allowing more dense rows and columns, Apple chose to make all icons a lot smaller and only one more row (and column?) but left the big empty space between the icon.

I would love to get more rows and columns, but please by using the otherwise useless empty space.
    Making the Icons smaller would not be needed to add one row and one column.

Strange ideas.

• edited September 2019

@tja said:
    Strange ideas.

Lol, now I won’t be able to unsee it. Oh well, I enjoyed the feature for a few hours :D

I guess this is the Apple way, leave us with glaring design flaws for years, then make tiny improvements that we gleefully embrace as magical.

A good example is to swipe over the notifications panel, and all the home icons squeeze together to the right in a nice, compact usable spacing. Why can’t I just fill one home screen with apps spaced like that! ??

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2019

@StudioES said:
    Anyone know how to clear RAM on iPadOS on an iPad with a physical Home button? The old method doesn't work any longer. (I hope it's not the Assistive Touch method on iPhone X/2018 iPad Pros w/o Home button :no_mouth: ). Thanks!

Old Method to Clear RAM (doesn't seem to work on iPadOS):
    1. Hold down the power button until “slide to power off” appears.
    2. Release the power button, & then hold down the home button for ~3 seconds.

Worked for me just a few minutes ago.

(i think?)

• @Aud_iOS said:

@busker said:

@busker said:

@Sergiu said:

You can also long press the App Store icon and access updates from there.

Good tip, thanks!