Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SuperBooth 19. News.

Comments

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Summit looks lovely (watching Bo Beats demo of it) - it appeals to me much more than the DSI keyboards for some reason. If/When the time comes to buy a big old poly then I think this might be a contender

Can't remember who asked because we are on the next page now but - Yes Bitwig grid workflow is the big difference. Also there are lots of fold/west coast kind of sounds in there too which is nice. I think I need to make a proper piece using only the grid and see where I get to

• @Jumpercollins said:

@robosardine said:
    Anyone know if the Nubass Volca is real yet?

@robosardine Yes it’s real.

😍😛😀😺🤓👙

• If any hardware heads are going please check out my friend Morgan (aka Worng) and his many great, wonderful and weird modules.
    https://www.worngelectronics.com

Tell him Q from back in Australia sent you, for no particular reason or expected outcome.

• That Nubass tickles my acid organ.

• @brambos said:
    That Nubass tickles my acid organ.

Hehe, I couldn't keep my fingers of the Volca Drum so I ended up getting one :)

It's one box that 'clicks' with me even though I fear I'll break the parameter knob at some point and it's a really nice companion to the Volca Bass which I also like a lot. (I fear I'll end up getting the Volca FM and Volca Mix at some point).

• Minilogue XD desktop! Now I can get one without those awful keys for a lower price and it takes up less room. It just jumped to the top of the list.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Composer Pro Grid looks very interesting.

http://cdm.link/2019/05/open-grid-dadamachines-composer-pro/

Yeah interesting - I'm queuing impatiently for one of their little FPGA boards! Looks a lot like the push, I'm pretty sold on grids as an interface for electronic music (I have a push and a monome grid). They also have Orac from Mark Harris supported which is cool - if you have an Organelle or a Raspberry Pi well worth checking out

• This triggered my GAS big-time 'Cheaper Than the Volcas' :)

• Cool @Samu Having a couple of those could be fun. Plug and play synth engines.

• @nondes said:
    Cool @Samu Having a couple of those could be fun. Plug and play synth engines.

Or maybe use it as an 'effects box' (Reverbs, Delays, Chourses etc.) for the Volca's...

I'm like very close to getting more Volcas (already got Volca Bass and Volca Drum) and this NuTekt thing could be perfect as an FX unit :)

• @pagefall said:
    Can't remember who asked because we are on the next page now but - Yes Bitwig grid workflow is the big difference. Also there are lots of fold/west coast kind of sounds in there too which is nice. I think I need to make a proper piece using only the grid and see where I get to

Sweet!!!

• edited May 2019

To me, this box makes much more sense than the Digitone, certainly not the most powerful but probably the most accessible hardware FM synth today.
    Too expensive for my taste too but there are certainly enough people ready to spend more money ;)

• @Samu said:

Or maybe use it as an 'effects box' (Reverbs, Delays, Chourses etc.) for the Volca's...

YES! Not sure, but looks like it's using the same DSP engine for effects as the Minilogue XD. If so the potential as an effect box is no joke.

• @ohwell said:

@Samu said:

YES! Not sure, but looks like it's using the same DSP engine for effects as the Minilogue XD. If so the potential as an effect box is no joke.

For the same price you can get a second-hand Zoom MS-100BT which will give you Stereo FX heaven.

• edited May 2019

@rs2000 There's loads of > @rs2000 said:

@ohwell said:

@Samu said:

For the same price you can get a second-hand Zoom MS-100BT which will give you Stereo FX heaven.

No idea about whether the audio input will be mono or stereo, but the effects do sound stereo to me (what do you think?): about 12 minutes in https://youtu.be/Is5e-Du9ggs?t=728

Seems like part of what Korg is up to is providing an affordable platform to run custom prologue/minilogueXD code. (Other thought: making the effects mono would defeat that purpose.) Not sure, but might part of the point be to liven up the dev/user community around code for the prologue/minilogue SDK? (Increase demand for code -> incentivize dev -> make custom dsp support a stronger and stronger selling point for more and more of their product line (potentially beyond the prologue and minilogue xd.))

• edited May 2019

@nondes said:
    Minilogue XD desktop! Now I can get one without those awful keys for a lower price and it takes up less room. It just jumped to the top of the list.

1. 550 bucks to add a keyboard to the Digitone.
    2. 70 bucks to add a keyboard to the Minilogue XD.

I must be in fickle consumer mode lately. $550 seems like too much of a bump and -$70 feels like too little of a discount. :)

In other words:

1. I can't imagine paying an extra $550 for the DigitoneKeys instead of using a great external midi controller for considerably less money.
    2. I can't imagine not spending the extra $70 for the convenience of always having a keyboard attached to the Minilogue.
  • edited May 2019

@syrupcore said:

@nondes said:
    Minilogue XD desktop! Now I can get one without those awful keys for a lower price and it takes up less room. It just jumped to the top of the list.

1. 550 bucks to add a keyboard to the Digitone.
    2. 70 bucks to add a keyboard to the Minilogue XD.

I must be in fickle consumer mode lately. $550 seems like too much of a bump and -$70 feels like too little of a discount. :)

In other words:

1. I can't imagine paying an extra $550 for the DigitoneKeys instead of using a great external midi controller for considerably less money.
    2. I can't imagine not spending the extra $70 for the convenience of always having a keyboard attached to the Minilogue.

Ha, this is spot on.

When you see that Novation has basically doubled the amount of voices, added Bi-timbrality, a new filter mode plus a 5 octave Keyboard with the upgrade of the Peak to the Summit.

It may not be the most eye-pleasing but they're onto a winner with that £650 difference.

Smartly priced at £1899. (For the market it's in, at least.)

• @Jumpercollins said:

Damn, that is handsome.

@Samu said:
    This triggered my GAS big-time 'Cheaper Than the Volcas' :)

Indeed. The thing that actually stands out for me is that the effects engine is also user programmable. Not many controls and I imagine it doesn't contain an "amazing" chip(s) so it'll never be a Strymon Bigsky but, for les$ than a volca, that seems a big deal.

Fun to imagine a world where the DIY effects part of this takes off and Korg (nu:tekt) starts to offer the same board in different configurations (like, say, a stombox).

• The polychain feature on the Minilogue XD is pretty cool - you set up one machine to be master and the other slave, and what you do on the master front panel registers on the slave one.

• @Jumpercollins said:

Wo I just noticed this. Seems insane, and forward thinking. Also sheds a different light on what they are up to with doppler. This uses the same combination of FPGA (Lattice ICE40UP5K) w. ARM M4F (except this has 2x M4F instead of 1x in the doppler.) Could be that they found a need for the kind of extra power the FPGA adds to the ARM as part of working on this bigger project.

• edited May 2019

@ohwell said:
    @rs2000 There's loads of > @rs2000 said:

@ohwell said:

@Samu said:

No idea about whether the audio input will be mono or stereo, but the effects do sound stereo to me (what do you think?): about 12 minutes in https://youtu.be/Is5e-Du9ggs?t=728

They are! My "heaven" was related to the choice and quality of effects, not just the stereo capability.

Seems like part of what Korg is up to is providing an affordable platform to run custom prologue/minilogueXD code. (Other thought: making the effects mono would defeat that purpose.) Not sure, but might part of the point be to liven up the dev/user community around code for the prologue/minilogue SDK? (Increase demand for code -> incentivize dev -> make custom dsp support a stronger and stronger selling point for more and more of their product line (potentially beyond the prologue and minilogue xd.))

I guess so, and that was the first thought that came into my mind when I read about the same SDK support. With enough wavetable synths on iOS available today, I'm not as excited about the new gadget as I might have been a few years ago.

• Wasn’t the Microfreak not supposed to get more brothers... I thought Arturia said something like this: stay tuned for more or so?!?

• @david_2017 said:
    Wasn’t the Microfreak not supposed to get more brothers... I thought Arturia said something like this: stay tuned for more or so?!?

The Microfreak has just been released - what do you have in mind?

• This motor-driven desktop synth looks quite fun:

https://www.gamechangeraudio.com/motor-synth/

• @rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:
    Wasn’t the Microfreak not supposed to get more brothers... I thought Arturia said something like this: stay tuned for more or so?!?

The Microfreak has just been released - what do you have in mind?

Arturia mentioned that the Microfreak was step one in their new _____Freak series of instruments. I wouldn't expect them to have an addition to the line yet though.

• That Super Six sounds pretty sweet.

• Dammit. Polyend's Anywhere module can power a eurorack off a USB battery for 150 bucks. Getting... harder... to... resist...

Towards the end of the video: