K7D - Tape Delay by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• Looks pretty cool.
    DRC is supposed to sound fantastic, so this probably sounds great too.
    I like their other delay, DLYM.

• I love drc , and his YouTube channel is worth the price of the synth alone, deff grabbing this one!

• Bought it on the off chance it lets you load and playback wavs. Re-1 is supposed to do this but crashes ever time I try.

Also because DRC 😄

• Yes, DRC is amazing. We can trust that this will be a very good sounding app. Pre-ordered.

• Just went to buy it- but it’s pre-order only at the moment. Available tomorrow though. I wonder how it will compare to Duplicat?- it does have more features. Looks good.

• Just went back to the App Store to pre- order- but had to come back here because I forgot its name already. I wonder why they called it K7D? it sounds like coordinates or something 😀

• Any videos yet ?

• @robosardine said:
    I wonder why they called it K7D ?

In french, "K7" is an other word for "cassette"... which means "tape". As the app is a tape delay, K7D seems quite an appropriate name 😉👍

• I’ve been testing this and love it, sounds great and has a lot of presets to start you off. It's great when you automate it too. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    I’ve been testing this and love it, sounds great and has a lot of presets to start you off. It's great when you automate it too. :)

I was offered to do beta on this but was too busy, bummer...

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:
    I’ve been testing this and love it, sounds great and has a lot of presets to start you off. It's great when you automate it too. :)

I know, I always should be doing other things and need to beta test less, but can't resist sometimes :D

• How does this compare to re-1?

• Instabought, DLYM is one of my favorites. Might I add that this thing looks sleek and wonderful.

• Has crossover with Re-1, that's great too. No looping function here but has built in LFO and filter, so I think as a performance delay effect I prefer this. But if you want looping function then Re-1 has that, but then can always combine ;)

• @Gratouilli said:

@robosardine said:

In french, "K7" is an other word for "cassette"... which means "tape". As the app is a tape delay, K7D seems quite an appropriate name 😉👍

Nice

• Special launch promo price is 50% off

• @Gratouilli said:

@robosardine said:

Aha! Good stuff 😀
    I’m really looking forward to trying this with Troublemaker. Two iPads, two Troublemakers, two K7Ds and a variety of overdrive/distortions. Should be fun.

• Anything from imaginando is InstaBuy for me. Thanks for posting link 🙏🏼

• I tested this one too. I’m a big fan of RE-1, but K7D brings some other cool features to the party. As first I thought maybe I didn’t need another tape delay effect, but this one has some unique qualities and sounds great!

Definitely worth adding too. And using it with RE-1 is a cool idea... hadn’t thought of that.

The presets in K7D are particularly spectacular. :)

• edited May 6

Bought it, because after Timeless 2, PSP StereoDelay, PSP Echo, apeDelay, Dedalus, Frekvens, AUFX:Dub, Echo Pad, Lofionic Duplicat, RE-1, RP-1, and Dubstation 2, I don’t have many delay options. 😏

Actually bought it because DRC is simply amazing, and I paid $2 for it. DLYM is also great, and I paid $0 for it. Feel like I owe these gents a few dollars, and also feel I owe it to myself to try anything by such a great developer.

• Tape delay? DRC? Bought. Can you ever have enough tape delays?

• @Cliffy said:
    Bought it, because after Timeless 2, PSP StereoDelay, PSP Echo, apeDelay, Dedalus, Frekvens, AUFX:Dub, Echo Pad, Lofionic Duplicat, RE-1, RP-1, and Dubstation 2, I don’t have many delay options. 😏

Actually bought it because DRC is simply amazing, and I paid $2 for it. DLYM is also great, and I paid $0 for it. Feel like I owe these gents a few dollars, and also feel I owe it to myself to try anything such a great developer.

Never enough delay hehe we deff need more!
    And ya, drc, wow what a synth! It's in my top ten and the dudes behind it really made a great YouTube channel to show off how to make patches and stuffs so worth supporting these guys

• edited May 4

I just love DRC. As a preset flipper/tweaker the patches are right up my alley and they don’t need the sort of taming/turning down of the fx that so many other synths do. The UI is super clean and easy to navigate. Great on the go synth.

• @Carnbot said:

@Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

I know, I always should be doing other things and need to beta test less, but can't resist sometimes :D

I just jumped on the beta and will put it thru my 'test procedure' and see if I can make it bail :)
    (Hopefully It won't bail since I'm testing the release candidate).

Nuno is always super responsive in case things would pop up so I've got no worries...

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

@Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

I just jumped on the beta and will put it thru my 'test procedure' and see if I can make it bail :)
    (Hopefully It won't bail since I'm testing the release candidate).

Nuno is always super responsive in case things would pop up so I've got no worries...

there are a few things which are being addressed, but stability wise it's been pretty solid so far :)

• Bought it!!!

Anything from Imaginando is a good choice.

• I think this is out now :)
    It's worth noting that there is a bug with statesaving currently (for me anyway). Seems to go to default patch.
    But hopefully a fix will be out soon.

• Pre-ordered. I have a lot of trust in this dev as well as goodwill. Plus, one can never have enough delay fx.

• @Carnbot said:
    I think this is out now :)
    It's worth noting that there is a bug with statesaving currently (for me anyway). Seems to go to default patch.
    But hopefully a fix will be out soon.

Sweet! I've still got the pre ordered button but I'll keep waiting... Impatiently!!