PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

STEREO LAG - Free AUv3 Effect - Very Cool Little App

Surprisingly powerful App considering it only has one parameter to play with.

Comments

  • @thesoundtestroom said:
    Surprisingly powerful App considering it only has one parameter to play with.

    It needs IAP's for extra parameters that can be MIDI learned.
    Volume = $1
    Balance = $1 for R-to-L and $1 for L-to-R and a bundle for both $3 in one parameter.
    ...

    It is a nice gesture. Buy The Stereo Delay and Stereo Mod to say thx.

  • If you use this type of effect check your mix in mono as it can cause phasing.

  • @Mark B said:
    If you use this type of effect check your mix in mono as it can cause phasing.

    I wonder what values of delay contribute or is it just degrees of phase for similar signals.
    IOS seems to create phasing in so many areas versus a single DAW that has a precise
    time grid to prevent it.

    Probably a good reason to use a real DAW, huh. AUM has something to help as I recall
    or is that for another time related problem at a higher scale?

  • @McD said:

    @Mark B said:
    If you use this type of effect check your mix in mono as it can cause phasing.

    I wonder what values of delay contribute or is it just degrees of phase for similar signals.
    IOS seems to create phasing in so many areas versus a single DAW that has a precise
    time grid to prevent it.

    Probably a good reason to use a real DAW, huh. AUM has something to help as I recall
    or is that for another time related problem at a higher scale?

    If you use small values it can create phasing and cancellation. Larger values will sound like short delay effect when L/R get combined in mono. There aware better ways to create stereo widening that are mono compatible.

    DAW’s shouldn’t create phasing if they use delay compensation on effects that delay the signal such as limiters.

Sign In or Register to comment.