Werkbench Question

Recently re visited Werkbench. Is there anyway to manully trigger the samples without Werkbench auto sequencing. I want to use the app more like a traditional drum machine. Not sure if possible as I cannot see a Record button..
Thanks in advance

Comments

• wimwim
    edited April 17

@theManual said:
    MIDI Notes: Switch on to have Werkbench respond to midi note messages. Midi note numbers 1 - 128 or (0 - 127 depending on how you're counting) correspond to the 128 samples inside

You can find this setting in the Sync tab.

• edited April 17

@wim tried the above settings Its all too confusing. I dont think the step editor swtiches off. I went into trigger mode but the auto sequence is still active. Thanks for your help though.
    I think those above setting relate to using the app with an external midi controller.

• I think you want to use Trigger mode. You can mute all steps and they should still play when you trigger them by tapping.
    http://www.bolasol.com/werkbench/manual/

• @bcrichards said:
    I think you want to use Trigger mode. You can mute all steps and they should still play when you trigger them by tapping.
    http://www.bolasol.com/werkbench/manual

@bcrichards ok brilliant thanks Yes thats what Iam trying to do. Will take a look at manual.
    :-) Basically use it like a sampling drum machine without that Step stuff.

• edited April 17

@bcrichards there seems to be no way to manually record the Triggered samples. I give up .
    Such a good laid out app but no manual recording it seems and no Save Overwrite.

• @stormbeats said:
    @bcrichards there seems to be no way to manually record the Triggered samples. I give up .
    Such a good laid out app but no manual recording it seems and no Save Overwrite.

Couldn't you use MIDI triggering and record a sequence from another app? Just unlink the IAA clock, if there is one.

• @bcrichards said:

@stormbeats said:

Couldn't you use MIDI triggering and record a sequence from another app? Just unlink the IAA clock, if there is one.

@bcrichards indeed will try that . I like this app because you can do a lot to the indivdual sounds. What you mentioned has helped Thanks. I think this is what @wim was explaining too.