Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Werkbench Question

Recently re visited Werkbench. Is there anyway to manully trigger the samples without Werkbench auto sequencing. I want to use the app more like a traditional drum machine. Not sure if possible as I cannot see a Record button..
Thanks in advance

Comments

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

@theManual said:
    MIDI Notes: Switch on to have Werkbench respond to midi note messages. Midi note numbers 1 - 128 or (0 - 127 depending on how you're counting) correspond to the 128 samples inside

You can find this setting in the Sync tab.

• edited April 2019

@wim tried the above settings Its all too confusing. I dont think the step editor swtiches off. I went into trigger mode but the auto sequence is still active. Thanks for your help though.
    I think those above setting relate to using the app with an external midi controller.

• I think you want to use Trigger mode. You can mute all steps and they should still play when you trigger them by tapping.
    http://www.bolasol.com/werkbench/manual/

• @bcrichards said:
    I think you want to use Trigger mode. You can mute all steps and they should still play when you trigger them by tapping.
    http://www.bolasol.com/werkbench/manual

@bcrichards ok brilliant thanks Yes thats what Iam trying to do. Will take a look at manual.
    :-) Basically use it like a sampling drum machine without that Step stuff.

• edited April 2019

@bcrichards there seems to be no way to manually record the Triggered samples. I give up .
    Such a good laid out app but no manual recording it seems and no Save Overwrite.

• @stormbeats said:
    @bcrichards there seems to be no way to manually record the Triggered samples. I give up .
    Such a good laid out app but no manual recording it seems and no Save Overwrite.

Couldn't you use MIDI triggering and record a sequence from another app? Just unlink the IAA clock, if there is one.

• @bcrichards said:

@stormbeats said:

Couldn't you use MIDI triggering and record a sequence from another app? Just unlink the IAA clock, if there is one.

@bcrichards indeed will try that . I like this app because you can do a lot to the indivdual sounds. What you mentioned has helped Thanks. I think this is what @wim was explaining too.