Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Deleted app and still the same.

• I seem to remember the default midi mapping for the pads assumes you’re in portrait mode, with the pads in a 4x4 grid. That might explain the seeming randomness of it. The two blocks of four on the left sit on top of the two blocks of four on the right.

• @FordTimeLord said:
    I seem to remember the default midi mapping for the pads assumes you’re in portrait mode, with the pads in a 4x4 grid. That might explain the seeming randomness of it. The two blocks of four on the left sit on top of the two blocks of four on the right.

@sigma79 : so, it looks like the built-in mapping is set so that when the pads are displayed as 4*4, the lower left pad is the first pad and the pad to its right is pad 2. the pad above it is pad 5. but you can midi learn the pads to be whatever you want.

• edited April 2022

Thanks. I were custom mapping originally. What data does koala recieve via custom mapping. Midi ch? Obviously note but what about octave range so a note thats + octave dosent trigger a pad thats same note but different octave.

edit. I think. The custom mapping might work. Even If no midi ch data but can then send any notes in x amount of octaves ( I think last mapping were different midi channels ) so some octave overlap. As were going to use multiple samplers. Noticed the abcd pages though so that would now be the essence of koala. Plus with the sidebar tip you posted. Probably best to just record via screen.

• So can you map Koala as auv3s? Even with a midi matrix ( aum ) A controller like a nanokeystudio with midi ch scenes. If you point at both koalas and you then cant set midi ch in koala and pads dont recieve midi ch data. Then you will be triggering both koalas?

• @sigma79 said:
    So can you map Koala as auv3s? Even with a midi matrix ( aum ) A controller like a nanokeystudio with midi ch scenes. If you point at both koalas and you then cant set midi ch in koala and pads dont recieve midi ch data. Then you will be triggering both koalas?

You can map as an AU. It is a straightforward midi learn setup. If pays attention to note and channel. Ccs can also be mapped. You tap the koala item you want to control and send the event you want to trigger it. Try it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:
    So can you map Koala as auv3s? Even with a midi matrix ( aum ) A controller like a nanokeystudio with midi ch scenes. If you point at both koalas and you then cant set midi ch in koala and pads dont recieve midi ch data. Then you will be triggering both koalas?

You can map as an AU. It is a straightforward midi learn setup. If pays attention to note and channel. Ccs can also be mapped. You tap the koala item you want to control and send the event you want to trigger it. Try it.

It works as auv3 in aum. As aum has midi filtering for auv3 and au fx. Dont think it will be same for Drambo but will see if I can sort something. Cheers espiegel.

• @sigma79 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

It works as auv3 in aum. As aum has midi filtering for auv3 and au fx. Dont think it will be same for Drambo but will see if I can sort something. Cheers espiegel.

If you ask about how to set up midi filtering and routing in a Drambo thread, someone is likely to be able to help you out.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

If you ask about how to set up midi filtering and routing in a Drambo thread, someone is likely to be able to help you out.

Thanks. You made a better system for me anyway. Just still need Drambo to work for some koala but made comment on Drambo thread.

• New update. Check it out

• NEW FEATURES:

• New SPLIT STEMS feature that allows you to separate samples into DRUMS, BASS, VOCALS, and OTHER

• You can now label pads (see tools menu)

• Fixed problem with CRUSH effect

• Other fixes and tweaks

Dedicated to Pongtrometer

• @CapnWillie said:
    Anyone know if the issue effecting Kaola in AUM was fixed?

They fixed the problem where the A and the O in the name are transposed ;)

• Seems good on iPhone 11 latest iOS in AUM now

• edited May 2022

Loads fine and plays in updated AUM here. iPhone 13 iOS 15.5

• edited May 2022

metronome won't turn off for me iOS iPhone se2

Edit. Resolved Was po series sync click

• The stem extractor is a great tool I never knew I needed. I have some 4-track recordings I made 25 years ago that will be fun to extract and remix.

I sampled sounds at my kid's recital recently and entertain him with little beats I've made from them while I walk the dog.

On the iPad I use Koala to capture audio from DSP-hogging apps to streamline AUM, among a thousand other things.

Koala makes it easy for a stupid subtractive synthesis guy like me to get into samples.

• Rename pads! Game has been changed! 🤩😂

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Rename pads! Game has been changed! 🤩😂

Yes! Little things like this are just helpful to an old fart like me.

• @suboptimal said:
    The stem extractor is a great tool I never knew I needed. I have some 4-track recordings I made 25 years ago that will be fun to extract and remix.

I sampled sounds at my kid's recital recently and entertain him with little beats I've made from them while I walk the dog.

On the iPad I use Koala to capture audio from DSP-hogging apps to streamline AUM, among a thousand other things.

Koala makes it easy for a stupid subtractive synthesis guy like me to get into samples.

omg. I read this before my morning coffee and without my glasses and saw ...
    "I sampled sounds at my kid's rectal recently and ..."
    :D :#

• @Simon said:
    NEW FEATURES:

• New SPLIT STEMS feature that allows you to separate samples into DRUMS, BASS, VOCALS, and OTHER

Great news on the Pad Labeling addition!

Now we just need the ability to change the font color to whatever we wish ; the white font is pretty difficult to see on the blue background of the pad.

Amazing app!

• @Simon said:
    NEW FEATURES:

• Fixed problem with CRUSH effect

• Other fixes and tweaks

Dedicated to Pongtrometer

The split stem feature was there already but it was an Easter egg that had to be unlocked and a lot of people didn’t know it was there. It was a smart move just making it a feature people didn’t have to Google to find out how to unlock it.

• This has been a great update day. Pad names in koala is a favorit 😊

• @CapnWillie said:
    Anyone know if the issue effecting Kaola in AUM was fixed?

Yes

• Oh man. I was about to buy an app just for splitting stems. I think this puts Koala over the top as the best sampler on iOS. Absolutely crazy.

• @elf_audio I think I've found a 'bug' or something that you might have forgotten!?

When recording samples in Koala it always seems to record a 'Stereo' regardless of which settings are used.
    This wastes precious memory especially when running Koala as an AUv3...

In Stand-Alone Settings -> Audio the L, L+R, R all create a 'stereo sample' when especially L or R should create a mono sample. This setting could also be used for the AUv3 to select which side of the stream to record.

It should be possible in the sample editor to see if the sample is stereo or mono, currently the only way to check is to go to Tools -> Make Mono. If the sample is already mono it wail say so otherwise we get the option to select which channels to keep/mix.

Cheers!

• Talking of bugs
    When I auto chop
    It makes the chop
    But
    Deleted the original sample
    I have tried with the switch in both positions in the menu to keep original, but it deletes the original

• Probably a noob question, how to load/reload sample strait on specific pad?
    I only managed to find Import Audio in menu (which opens Files browser with neat audio player). It loads sample to the next free pad though...

• @Agatha_aga said:
    Probably a noob question, how to load/reload sample strait on specific pad?
    I only managed to find Import Audio in menu (which opens Files browser with neat audio player). It loads sample to the next free pad though...

Drag and drop

• @espiegel123 said:

@Agatha_aga said:
    Probably a noob question, how to load/reload sample strait on specific pad?

Drag and drop

Thanks, works great in standalone. But what about auv3, Files browser covers all the space