Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• good news, at this pace in a couple of years, full-fledged envelopes for amps and a filter and a mixer will be added))

• This really does beat a lot of hardware samplers. It’s amazing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Koala sampler is so good ! Good Job

I want to support @elf_audio -> bimmm -> Koala FX bought

• Quite probably one of the best values in music making history.

• @elf_audio just noticed that with midi mapping off and using a launch key mini mk3, the notes don’t correspond to the keys played once you play above the note offset. I tried several times to figure out how many semitones but it changes every time I restart my iPad. I turned midi mapping on and it plays as normal. iPad Air 3 latest iPadOS.

Also would it be possible to change the root note for the different scale modes for grid and keyboard? This is useful when out and about and using koala on my iPhone as this is how I typically use koala.

• edited March 2022

Koala sampler just keep getting better and BETTER. Thanks @elf_audio for doing such an amazing job.

• edited March 2022

Ιs there any recent video showing the new features ?
    edit found one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=92&v=sjscylwBs-k&feature=youtu.be

• Is anyone else having issues with Koala in NS2? It seems incredibly buggy as an AU. One thing I've had a lot is the Koala AU just quitting mid session, and when I force quit NS2 and reload the song Koala has forgotten a ton of stuff - usually things like pitch settings and fx. However, the latest thing that has just killed the track I'm working on is that when I reloaded the song, the pads appear to all be mapped to entirely different notes, so my song now has all the wrong samples playing at the wrong pitch with the wrong FX. I could cry.

• great app and good update feature wise and i want to use it all the time if it was more stable. Latest update seems even more buggy.

-The audio engine in general has issues
    -UI is buggy as auv3.
    -Koala crashes or stops audio until restart.
    -Similar issues with koala fx.
    -No issues with other apps/plugins.

so hopefully next updates will focus on overal stability.

• In order to be able to assist in troubleshooting please do state iOS/iPadOS version and the iDevice Koala is running on.
    Considering AUv3's have a memory limit the size of the Koala session can also affect stability...

• @Samu said:
    In order to be able to assist in troubleshooting please do state iOS/iPadOS version and the iDevice Koala is running on.
    Considering AUv3's have a memory limit the size of the Koala session can also affect stability...

M1 iPad Pro with 1TB, latest iOS, only about 9 or 10 small samples loaded in Koala totalling less than 1MB. NS2 the only app loaded, with about 5 AU instruments, 1 Slate track, one Obsidian. Maybe about 6 total AUFX. It's happened before too, with only two very small samples in.

• @FastGhost said:

@Samu said:
    In order to be able to assist in troubleshooting please do state iOS/iPadOS version and the iDevice Koala is running on.

M1 iPad Pro with 1TB, latest iOS, only about 9 or 10 small samples loaded in Koala totalling less than 1MB. NS2 the only app loaded, with about 5 AU instruments, 1 Slate track, one Obsidian. Maybe about 6 total AUFX. It's happened before too, with only two very small samples in.

Thanks, hopefully @elf_audio will be able to track it down...

I'm still rocking an ancient iPad Air 2 (with iPadOS15.3.1) and Koala's been stable for me.
    iPadOS15.4 should be out next week with additional bug-fixes and some will be related to memory management.

Cheers!

• Fingers crossed, thanks @Samu. I think I can probably get my song back to working with an hour or so's fiddling, but I guess it's still good to let @elf_audio know that this happens. I keep using it despite these bugs because it's so damn good when it works.

• @FastGhost said:
    Fingers crossed, thanks @Samu. I think I can probably get my song back to working with an hour or so's fiddling, but I guess it's still good to let @elf_audio know that this happens. I keep using it despite these bugs because it's so damn good when it works.

If it helps...

I usually prepare my Koala sessions in the stand-alone, save them and load the session into the AUv3.
    Very, very seldom do I sample in the AUv3 (when I do it's a pure 'sampling session') but I mostly use it as a playback device.

Yeah, Koala is a pretty unique app :sunglasses:

• Just out of interest, does anyone know the maximum length you can record in a Koala pad?

• wimwim
    edited March 2022

@FastGhost said:
    Fingers crossed, thanks @Samu. I think I can probably get my song back to working with an hour or so's fiddling, but I guess it's still good to let @elf_audio know that this happens. I keep using it despite these bugs because it's so damn good when it works.

The Koala Discord is a very good place to interact with the developer.
    [edit - replaced URL]
    https://discord.gg/tkjRzr26

• @eross said:

@BusMaxx said:
    Stormbeats Update is out.

what is Stormbeats?

@eross :) me. I suggested a few things to add to Koala and the best dev / genius ever @elf_audio added the new features. pad mute/solos. I take no clout . That honour is left to the talented dev Marek / Elf Audio

• @gusgranite said:
    @stormbeats lol I remember you just bum rushing the feature requests on another app. GR-16 maybe? Great to see you giving your feedback on Koala 👍

Nice work @elf_audio - the beat goes on

👊
    @gusgranite yes indeed. I knew from the very first Koala Sampler version @elf_audio created an app with huge potential. For me nothing comes close to Koala for beat making.

• @Simon said:
    Just out of interest, does anyone know the maximum length you can record in a Koala pad?

I've never tried over 7 minutes as the size of the file will increase, sometimes causing issues, especially factoring the other samples that are/will be loaded

I sometimes load 3-4 full length tracks 4-5 minutes in length. Chop 'em up then delete the originals.
    Of course this is in standalone.
    I wouldn't recommend any file size over 150mb in AUV3

• @dasgoods said:

@Simon said:
    Just out of interest, does anyone know the maximum length you can record in a Koala pad?

I've never tried over 7 minutes as the size of the file will increase, sometimes causing issues, especially factoring the other samples that are/will be loaded

I sometimes load 3-4 full length tracks 4-5 minutes in length. Chop 'em up then delete the originals.
    Of course this is in standalone.
    I wouldn't recommend any file size over 150mb in AUV3

OK, thanks for that.

I have recorded a radio broadcast from Radio Unit AUv3 in AUM into Koala and I think it was about 5 or 6 minutes on one pad. Seemed to go ok, but I take your point about not making it too big. Thanks.

• @Korakios said:
    Ιs there any recent video showing the new features ?
    edit found one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=92&v=sjscylwBs-k&feature=youtu.be

Thanks.. Great Teacher..

• @wim said:

@FastGhost said:

The Koala Discord is a very good place to interact with the developer. https://discord.com/channels/922977925182132245/922981312648872016/933647786560356402

I ended up moving all the notes in the Koala track, readjusting the pitches and volumes (and saving inside Koala), and in the end, I think my track sounds better. How did Koala know?!

Unrelated but here it is anyway, if anyone has small kids, sending them off round the house with Koala to sample a load of noises for you to then turn into a song together is fantastically entertaining. And also a real credit to Koala that it's simple enough for really young kids to use.

• @FastGhost said:
    Unrelated but here it is anyway, if anyone has small kids, sending them off round the house with Koala to sample a load of noises for you to then turn into a song together is fantastically entertaining. And also a real credit to Koala that it's simple enough for really young kids to use.

I would fear for the welfare of our cats if I did that.

• @cyberheater said:
    This really does beat a lot of hardware samplers. It’s amazing.

Agreed. It’s what’s kept me from buying an SP-404.

• Could someone post screenshots of the exposed AU parameters ? (I assume it's easier than asking to list available midi parameters that can be mapped)

• edited March 2022

@wim said:

@FastGhost said:

The Koala Discord is a very good place to interact with the developer. https://discord.com/channels/922977925182132245/922981312648872016/933647786560356402

Can’t seem to connect to the chat? Am I doing it wrong? Clicking the link does open the discord app but doesn’t bring me to a Koala chat.
    Have an issue where if I map the volume and pan controls via midi (in koala settings) in aum, Koala crashes when I move the assigned knob.
    Edit, also happens in standalone. Open settings, start midi map, assign know to volume, stop mapping, select pad/sample, move knob, crash.
    iPad mini 5th, 15.3 iPad os, latest koala.

• wimwim
    edited March 2022

@Frank303 said:

@wim said:

@FastGhost said:

Can’t seem to connect to the chat? Am I doing it wrong? Clicking the link does open the discord app but doesn’t bring me to a Koala chat.
    Have an issue where if I map the volume and pan controls via midi (in koala settings) in aum, Koala crashes when I move the assigned knob.
    Edit, also happens in standalone. Open settings, start midi map, assign know to volume, stop mapping, select pad/sample, move knob, crash.

I'm sorry I don't understand Discord at all. I'm not sure how to sign up. Somehow I managed to get in to both the Loopy Pro and Koala Discords but I don't remember what I did.

Try this link maybe? https://discord.gg/tkjRzr26

What controller are you using for the volume adjustment? I haven't read any reports of this happening. I can test if I have anything like your controller to do it with.

• @wim said:

@Frank303 said:

@wim said:

@FastGhost said:

I'm sorry I don't understand Discord at all. I'm not sure how to sign up. Somehow I managed to get in to both the Loopy Pro and Koala Discords but I don't remember what I did.

Try this link maybe? https://discord.gg/tkjRzr26

What controller are you using for the volume adjustment? I haven't read any reports of this happening. I can test if I have anything like your controller to do it with.

Cool, thanks that link worked immediately! I was using korg nano kontrol that is actually a ton of fun to use with Koala, faders for ffx, knobs for sample start/end, attack, decay, tone, buttons for sample pads and track controls for undo, record, mute and 4 banks, all for 20€ 2nd hand 😂 Have a ton more controllers, will try later but I can't see why all the mappings work but volume and pan mapped crash the whole app completely and that this would be due to a super generic controller.