Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• @Frank303 said:

@wim said:

@Frank303 said:

@wim said:

@FastGhost said:
    Fingers crossed, thanks @Samu. I think I can probably get my song back to working with an hour or so's fiddling, but I guess it's still good to let @elf_audio know that this happens. I keep using it despite these bugs because it's so damn good when it works.

The Koala Discord is a very good place to interact with the developer. https://discord.com/channels/922977925182132245/922981312648872016/933647786560356402

Can’t seem to connect to the chat? Am I doing it wrong? Clicking the link does open the discord app but doesn’t bring me to a Koala chat.
    Have an issue where if I map the volume and pan controls via midi (in koala settings) in aum, Koala crashes when I move the assigned knob.
    Edit, also happens in standalone. Open settings, start midi map, assign know to volume, stop mapping, select pad/sample, move knob, crash.
    iPad mini 5th, 15.3 iPad os, latest koala.

I'm sorry I don't understand Discord at all. I'm not sure how to sign up. Somehow I managed to get in to both the Loopy Pro and Koala Discords but I don't remember what I did.

Try this link maybe? https://discord.gg/tkjRzr26

What controller are you using for the volume adjustment? I haven't read any reports of this happening. I can test if I have anything like your controller to do it with.

Cool, thanks that link worked immediately! I was using korg nano kontrol that is actually a ton of fun to use with Koala, faders for ffx, knobs for sample start/end, attack, decay, tone, buttons for sample pads and track controls for undo, record, mute and 4 banks, all for 20€ 2nd hand 😂 Have a ton more controllers, will try later but I can't see why all the mappings work but volume and pan mapped crash the whole app completely and that this would be due to a super generic controller.

I just confirmed this crash. Do you want to report it over on Discord, or should I?

• @Frank303 said:
    I was using korg nano kontrol that is actually a ton of fun to use with Koala, faders for ffx, knobs for sample start/end, attack, decay, tone, buttons for sample pads and track controls for undo, record, mute and 4 banks

Can the knobs be mapped so they adjust sample start, end, etc of the currently-selected sample? How do do have it set up?

• edited March 2022

@mistercharlie said:

@Frank303 said:
    I was using korg nano kontrol that is actually a ton of fun to use with Koala, faders for ffx, knobs for sample start/end, attack, decay, tone, buttons for sample pads and track controls for undo, record, mute and 4 banks

Can the knobs be mapped so they adjust sample start, end, etc of the currently-selected sample? How do do have it set up?

From the hamburger menu choose settings then the midi tab. Click Map Midi. Choose the Sample screen at the top, and then the Edit (sample) button. Then the areas to the left and right of the sample can be clicked, move your desired knob and voila!

• @Frank303 Nice. I have it set up now. This is extremely cool. I have a chalk pen somewhere, so I think I will mark up the knobs and buttons on the Nanokontrol to remind me what they all do.

But Koala+NanoKontrol is pretty much what I’ve been looking for in a hardware box for ages.

For effects mapping, it seems a good idea to put the bipolar effects (pitch, filter, etc) on knob, the others on sliders.

• @mistercharlie yes! Crazy stuff, it is so simple and fun!

• @mistercharlie that looks rad, can I tweet the image? might inspire some people to do the same (if so, pls let me know what kind of attribution you'd like e.g. twitter handle)

• @elf_audio Go ahead, but post it anonymously please!

• @elf_audio The new pad solos/mute is so handy Marek. Was thinking if you could make the mute & solos tab engage/disengage exactly like the “hold” tab in Performance screen . Tap On/Tap Off. Then I thought about maybe adding Bank Mute / Solo function. Would happily pay as IAP . Thanks as always Marek and hope alls well

• edited March 2022

@mazbox#9522 can the pad mute / solos tabs be moved to top left or top right of screen . Slightly easier to use on iphone.

• Anyone have any luck midi mapping One Shot or Loop buttons? I tried on a Beatstep with no luck.

I also get the crash on Volume and Pan. Keystep does a big jump in midi values on the first turn so I may be hesitant to map volume anyways.

• @aftermast said:
    Anyone have any luck midi mapping One Shot or Loop buttons? I tried on a Beatstep with no luck.

I also get the crash on Volume and Pan. Keystep does a big jump in midi values on the first turn so I may be hesitant to map volume anyways.

I got them working with notes but not CCs, oddly enough. Haven’t tried again since that minor update though!

• @aftermast said:

Pls update, the crash is fixed. As for the midi mapping of one shot and loop buttons, yes, for now they need to be note messages not CC's I will fix this soon.

• @Frank303 said:

@mistercharlie said:

@Frank303 said:

From the hamburger menu choose settings then the midi tab. Click Map Midi. Choose the Sample screen at the top, and then the Edit (sample) button. Then the areas to the left and right of the sample can be clicked, move your desired knob and voila!

@Frank303 said:

@mistercharlie said:

@Frank303 said:

@Frank303 said:

@mistercharlie said:

@Frank303 said:

@Frank303 said:

@mistercharlie said:

@Frank303 said:

@Frank303 said:

@mistercharlie said:

@Frank303 said:

• Awesome! IMO, varying the sample start and length is a great way to make the drums feel more organic.

• edited March 2022

@zilld2017 said:
    Sorry, can’t spare the time right now to check the various threads, so:

Auto-chop…does anyone else have an issue (and a workaround!) with Pad 1 keeping the entire source sample? Ideally, I’d like to have Pad 1 hold the first chop, pad 2 the second chop, etc. This seems like such a simple function that I suspect I’m missing something.

Thanks.

Revisiting this, with a feature request for @elf_audio ….

I autochop a stem and want, say, 8 short samples on 8 consecutive pads, but the first two pads are essentially duplicates, and shifting all the samples up a pad is maddeningly difficult if not impossible.
    How about a REPLACE option when moving samples? Like so… (thanks.)

EDIT: ok, not impossible: move pad2 to blank pad1; delete pad2; move pad3 to now-blank pad2; etc. And not excessively time-consuming when making a small kit, 16 pads, say. Still, the feature request stands!

• @zilld2017 said:

@zilld2017 said:

Auto-chop…does anyone else have an issue (and a workaround!) with Pad 1 keeping the entire source sample? Ideally, I’d like to have Pad 1 hold the first chop, pad 2 the second chop, etc. This seems like such a simple function that I suspect I’m missing something.

Thanks.

I autochop a stem and want, say, 8 short samples on 8 consecutive pads, but the first two pads are essentially duplicates, and shifting all the samples up a pad is maddeningly difficult if not impossible.

EDIT: ok, not impossible: move pad2 to blank pad1; delete pad2; move pad3 to now-blank pad2; etc. And not excessively time-consuming when making a small kit, 16 pads, say. Still, the feature request stands!

I would definitely appreciate the option to pick which pad the chops will start at, rather than the current “next pad regardless.” I’ve been having good luck by putting the sample I want to chop on pad 16 and letting them chop into the next bank. It may not be compatible with every workflow, but it’s a bit tidier at least! And you can do it multiple times — with 16 chops, Bank A Pad 16 chops cleanly into Bank B, then Bank A Pad 15 chops cleanly into Bank C, etc.

Basically, Bank A acts as an initial “project setup” section with room for one-shots.

• @jrjulius said:

@zilld2017 said:

@zilld2017 said:

Thanks.

I would definitely appreciate the option to pick which pad the chops will start at, rather than the current “next pad regardless.” I’ve been having good luck by putting the sample I want to chop on pad 16 and letting them chop into the next bank. It may not be compatible with every workflow, but it’s a bit tidier at least! And you can do it multiple times — with 16 chops, Bank A Pad 16 chops cleanly into Bank B, then Bank A Pad 15 chops cleanly into Bank C, etc.

Basically, Bank A acts as an initial “project setup” section with room for one-shots.

Nice workaround, @jrjulius. Thanks. Now, onto an issue I have with Koala’s midi triggers. Alas, I’ll leave that for another day.

• @zilld2017 said:

@zilld2017 said:

Thanks.

Big +1 on this feature request! (The workaround described above is pretty cool and works but it's a pain in the heat of a live performance.)

• Excellent!

I was testing out the script over the weekend thinking it was literally the final piece of the iOS puzzle as far as my own setup goes, but now it's out there it doesn't seem like many other people actually care.

• +1 to have the option to choose the pad where chop starts !

@jrjulius said:

@zilld2017 said:

@zilld2017 said:

Thanks.

• Found the Easter egg in the update ? ;)

• Hell yes! 🥚🐣🐰

• 😀👍🏼

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    Hell yes! 🥚🐣🐰

I can’t find it lol

• go after the funny smell...

• @J_B said:

@PeteSasqwax said:
    Hell yes! 🥚🐣🐰

I can’t find it lol

Me neither 😭🎻