Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• @girlvsworld said:
    I have an issue where sequences longer the one bar won’t start from the start of the sequence when switching between them, or they will but one sample in the sequence won’t start until halfway through. Usually 2-4 bar sequences give me the trouble, so that I can’t switch between sequences smoothly. Does anyone else experience this?

@girlvsworld yes had this happen yesterday. If you scroll up I posted a screenshot and made the dev aware. I get notes going out of the pattern rectangles. Do you?

• @girlvsworld This issue was already brought up before.

• @girlvsworld I designed it that way, but realize that it's quite an annoying feature - my idea was to let you be able to chop between sequences mid-sequence, but it's not that popular - will look into it for next version!

• @elf_audio said:
    @girlvsworld I designed it that way, but realize that it's quite an annoying feature - my idea was to let you be able to chop between sequences mid-sequence, but it's not that popular - will look into it for next version!

Keep it as an option, sometimes it's actually handy to jump between patterns on the fly and not do the 'live chain patterns' thing...

• @elf_audio @samu i agree actually its ok as it is I think the issue i had was with my ipad

• @stormbeats said:

@girlvsworld said:
    I have an issue where sequences longer the one bar won’t start from the start of the sequence when switching between them, or they will but one sample in the sequence won’t start until halfway through. Usually 2-4 bar sequences give me the trouble, so that I can’t switch between sequences smoothly. Does anyone else experience this?

@girlvsworld yes had this happen yesterday. If you scroll up I posted a screenshot and made the dev aware. I get notes going out of the pattern rectangles. Do you?

EDIT : i think i had a different “ problem” due to an ipad glitch.

• Just bought it. The workflow is amazing!
    It’s intuitive and so much fun! Wow! A frigging steal for the 3,50€
    Buy it folks on the fence

• @Samu said:

Keep it as an option, sometimes it's actually handy to jump between patterns on the fly and not do the 'live chain patterns' thing...

Yes, please keep it as an option, I’m liking this feature.

• @elf_audio Sorry if we're bombarding the thread with requests but...

An optional 'snap to semitone' for the pitch knob would be super handy.
    An option to set the 'playback direction' or a pad would also be handy.(ie. option for reverse playback?).
    An option for 'one shot' and 'loop' would be cool. Currently the playback is 'hold'(ie. play while pad is held).
    An option to do 'destructive trim' would also be handy? (This could optionally be done when saving a project?).
    An option to 'Normalise' the sample after recording? (Maybe an option to do 'Auto Normalise' after recording to speed up the flow?).

And a 'question' how do I 're-sample' a bad from Bank A to Bank B? (ie. if I want to re-sample Pad 1 from Bank A to Pad 2 in Bank B?). It could work if it was possible to 'drag-n-drop' a pad from Bank A to Bank B? (Ie. start a drag of a pad in Bank A and drag it to the ABCD and once there the UI could switch to the selected bank and make it possible to drop the pad there).

And a final request (for now) please consider support for external audio interfaces with multiple inputs.
    I do understand that this might be 'out of scope' but anyways doesn't hurt to ask...

I'm really enjoying the app on my iPhone 8! :)

• @paradiddle said:
    @girlvsworld This issue was already brought up before.

Read this whole thread and somehow missed it (or read it and forgot I read it)! So, sorry for double-posting.

Having the option would be great, please!

• Hmmm...
    @elf_audio Deleting a project inside Koala doesn't actually delete it from the iOS device?! (iPad Air 2, iPhone 8 both on iOS12.1.4) as it's still possible to see it using Files.app in the Koala folder.

It is possible to manually delete the project using Files.app so no biggie. I do feel this is a 'glitch' of some kind?

• I love using Koala on my iPhone to flesh out ideas and for field recording. An option to transfer/share projects with the Ipad version would be really useful.

• edited March 2019

@Samu said:
    Hmmm...
    @elf_audio Deleting a project inside Koala doesn't actually delete it from the iOS device?! (iPad Air 2, iPhone 8 both on iOS12.1.4) as it's still possible to see it using Files.app in the Koala folder.

It is possible to manually delete the project using Files.app so no biggie. I do feel this is a 'glitch' of some kind?

@samu yesterday I couldnt delete within the app today I can. The ipad is alive and has a mind of its own. :-) I hope for One Shot triggering and if it gets a bug and can never ever do Note Hold again I will be smiling. Jokes aside this app in time could rival Gr16 ...easily

• @stormbeats said:

@Samu said:
    Hmmm...

@samu yesterday I couldnt delete within the app today I can. The ipad is alive and has a mind of its own. :-)

LOL, I can delete within the Koala.app but the files stay put on the iPad.
    My 'solution' here is to use the Files.app to delete stuff and them empty the delete files folder that definitely gets rid of the files.

Nice thing is that the samples saved with a project are *.wav files that can easily be imported from other apps but man I wish the 'trim' would have a destructive option or at least do optional destructive trim on the samples when saving the project.

Copying samples between banks has me puzzled, like can it even be done in the current version?!

Over all I do enjoy the app for quick noodles :)

• edited March 2019

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

@Samu said:
    Hmmm...

@samu yesterday I couldnt delete within the app today I can. The ipad is alive and has a mind of its own. :-)

LOL, I can delete within the Koala.app but the files stay put on the iPad.
    My 'solution' here is to use the Files.app to delete stuff and them empty the delete files folder that definitely gets rid of the files.

Nice thing is that the samples saved with a project are *.wav files that can easily be imported from other apps but man I wish the 'trim' would have a destructive option or at least do optional destructive trim on the samples when saving the project.

Copying samples between banks has me puzzled, like can it even be done in the current version?!

Over all I do enjoy the app for quick noodles :)

I should have asked about this before purchasing, but thanks for shedding light and this dev sounds really reasonable so I'm sure it'll be addressed.

• @Samu i dont think it currently allows for moving/copying samples to banks. I would like to be able to select a pad & bank for sample import. Can make do for now though.

• @Samu
    For now, you can do destructive trim by using resample.

• edited March 2019

Found a cool quirk, good for quickly importing a group of samples.

If you have Koala open, then open the files app in slide over mode, you can touch the sample files and they load up on the next available pad.

The folder containing the samples has to be in the main Koala folder in the Files App, in the ‘On my iPad’ area for it to work. You can easily share a folder of samples to Koala using the usual Share workflow.

I have been messing with those free AudioKit toy keyboard samples by loading them up quickly using this method.

The reason I suggest opening Files in slide over mode on top of Koala is to avoid switching back and forth between apps after every sample load. In slide over, the 2 apps don’t switch, so you can do one sample right after the other.

• @CracklePot said:
    Found a cool quirk, good for quickly importing a group of samples.

If you have Koala open, then open the files app in slide over mode, you can touch the sample files and they load up on the next available pad.

The folder containing the samples has to be in the main Koala folder in the Files App, in the ‘On my iPad’ area for it to work. You can easily share a folder of samples to Koala using the usual Share workflow.

I have been messing with those free AudioKit toy keyboard samples by loading them up quickly using this method.

The reason I suggest opening Files in slide over mode on top of Koala is to avoid switching back and forth between apps after every sample load. In slide over, the 2 apps don’t switch, so you can do one sample right after the other.

Excellent tip! Thx for sharing.

• @elf_audio i see pad layering/ pad link option even just 2 sounds triggered from one pad would be an added bonus if possible No rush just thinking ahead

• @stormbeats said:
    @elf_audio i see pad layering/ pad link option even just 2 sounds triggered from one pad would be an added bonus if possible No rush just thinking ahead

3-finger resample?

• I just bought this. AWESOME!!!! so elegantly simple and well designed. Fun times ahead. So glad there’s still developers thinking about fun factor.

• edited March 2019

@ipadthai Grooverider is the incredible, all encompassing app it is because of @jimpavloff’s openness to feature requests and @stormbeats played a big part in helping Jim to realize the full potential of that groovebox. I would like to thank @stormbeats for his input.

@elf_audio we are rabid feature requesters as you can see! Please feel free at any time to pull up the drawbridge and say ‘that’s all, folks! Enjoy the app’... congrats on making some waves with this one!

• @CracklePot said:
    @Samu
    For now, you can do destructive trim by using resample.

Partially yes but the pad recording doesn’t stop when the source sample ends but rather when the finger is lifted from the pad :)

• @gusgranite said:
    @ipadthai Grooverider is the incredible, all encompassing app it is because of @jimpavloff’s openness to feature requests and @stormbeats played a big part in helping Jim to realize the full potential of that groovebox. I would like to thank @stormbeats for his input.

@elf_audio we are rabid feature requesters as you can see! Please feel free at any time to pull up the drawbridge and say ‘that’s all, folks! Enjoy the app’... congrats on making some waves with this one!

@gusgranite thanks dude :-)

• @CracklePot said:

@stormbeats said:
    @elf_audio i see pad layering/ pad link option even just 2 sounds triggered from one pad would be an added bonus if possible No rush just thinking ahead

3-finger resample?

@CracklePot that sounds a bit naughty mate haha :-)

• edited March 2019

@elf_audio and anyone else. Ableton Link loosing connection with AUM/BM3 & when I do get a sync Koala is not “listening to Start/Stop commands. Also in bm3 the Kaola samples have changed pitch that might be a bm3 issue though Maybe if possible Midi Clock would be more stable. Or a way to trigger Kaola to start playing via IAA.

• @stormbeats said:
    @elf_audio and anyone else. Ableton Link loosing connection with AUM/BM3 & when I do get a sync Koala is not “listening to Start/Stop commands. Also in bm3 the Kaola samples have changed pitch that might be a bm3 issue though Maybe if possible Midi Clock would be more stable. Or a way to trigger Kaola to start playing via IAA.

Could be a sample-rate issue? Koala seems to record at 48K regardless of the devices native sample-rate?

• @stormbeats said:

@CracklePot said:

@stormbeats said:

3-finger resample?

@CracklePot that sounds a bit naughty mate haha :-)

Yeah, I musta been watching too many Haq videos.
    :)