Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Landscape and fx automation or cc control would be great. Not having landscape mode on my iPad is almost a deal breaker. My 11” pro sits on the usb c input when I’m changing or using headphones! This is horrible.

• A lot of bugs. Resampling don’t works . Recording a song etc....... I pad 10.5 . And landscape would be nice. Funny App. Thanks

• The resampling dont stops anymore

• Importing audio. Crashes

• Same here. Shame

• Even loading a song is crashing.

• Hi @hei @sbcfx - a new fix for these problems is just being processed by the App Store, it should fix your problems, really sorry for the trouble you’re experiencing... the fixes should be approved by Apple in the next few hours hopefully.

For now if you want to import audio, you can, but just not with the “IMPORT AUDIO” button in the menu - instead, just open the app you want to import from, find the audio file you want to import and press the share button - you should be able to share to koala directly.

Again, really sorry for your trouble!!

• No worries! Looking back at thread I see this has been active workaround. My apologies for stirring the pot! Really love the app

• Hi elf_ Audio - Thank you very much.

• edited March 2019

@elf_audio new update and Audioshare IMPORT AUDIO fix is working perfect now. Looking forward to One Shot mode pad triggering and hopefully Landscape as I think I will soon be addicted to this excellent app Need to keep ipad on charge Hard to do in portrait . Cheers dude

• Anyone else using this on iPad? Tricks to get landscape mode / horizontal use with keyboard case?

• heihei
    edited March 2019

Resampling still dont works. It shows recording and it never stops turning around. I have to reboot the app. I Pad 10.5 iOS 12.1.4 [(https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/9h/wwbwbfo9l6ub.png "")

• heihei
    edited March 2019

Exporting loop don t works. It shows exporting. It turns around. I have to reboot the app.

• edited March 2019

@elf_audio new update is working great! Thank you! I’m not experiencing the problems with resampling and exporting that @hei reports. Everything working fine here.

I noticed that the files recorded unto the pads are stored in the Files app, each within the subfolder of the respective saved song. This is a great feature, as it lets you import samples from multiple previous sessions into a new one.

However, I did notice that when selecting multiple files in the Files app for importing into Koala, it only imports one sample. It would be really cool if you could enable us to import multiple files at once. This way we could store songs as “kits” and load them into future songs!!!

I’m starting to repeat myself, but Koala has quickly become my go to app, that always has me smiling because it lets me be creative without my mind interrupting with all kinds of thoughts regarding choices to make like in many other apps.

EDIT: in the Files app, there is a text file named ‘sampler’ for each song (see screenshot). Does it reveal some of the features in the pipeline.....?🤭

• @hei said:
    Resampling still dont works

It has always worked for me. What problem are you having with resampling?

@hei said:
    Exporting loop don t works

This also works for me. What happens when you try to export a loop?

• I still have the first version on my Other I Pad 9.7 Pro. IOS 11..... works fine.

• AudioShare now working again! Sorry about that!!

@Maarten - nice detective work! I should leave more Easter eggs in there in future!

@hei - the latest version should fix your problems hopefully - the update was released a few hours ago.

• Hi elf—audio. Resampling is still not working. It shows recording and never stops turning.
    so I have to reboot the app. I Pad. 10.5. IOS. 12-1-4.

• Same with exporting loop

• heihei
    edited March 2019

The first version of the App worked fine.

Audio Share Import works now.

• edited March 2019

@hei is the microphone switched on in your general ipad settings if not switch to ON.All is working well since update. Have you checked ipad storage?

• I'd say bring on 'Landscape Mode' for the iPad and 'Input Selector'(when used with USB-Devices with multiple inputs) and I'm in. Sampling in Mono is ok but not being able to select the input is no-no.
    (I'm using a Steinberg UR242 which has 4 inputs that can be used as 1,2,3,4 Mono or 1&2, 3&4 Stereo Pair).

• @hei
    Did you possibly set your loop length to a large number of bars? You set on the sequence page.
    If I crank it to the maximum 32 bars, and try to resample or export, it locks up my iPad until it is finished, which seems like a long time. Maybe this is what is happening to you?

If not, maybe try a reinstall?

• @elf_audio hi there :-) great great updates ! What about multiple sample imports (for instance importing a full drum kit) ?
    Thanks for the great work ;-)

• The Import Audio button in the app menu worked for me just now. It didn’t crash like it used to.

• edited March 2019

All working well for me. I don’t really care about landscape. My setup/stand is either/or. I mostly use mine handheld though, so I kinda wish more sound apps offered a portrait oriented option. No issue with a portrait/landscape choice, but often I actually prefer portrait

• @skiphunt said:
    All working well for me. I don’t really care about landscape. My setup/stand is either/or. I mostly use mine handheld though, so I kinda wish more sound apps offered a portrait oriented option. No issue with a portrait/landscape choice, but often I actually prefer portrait

Weirdo!
    ;)

Do you use an iPhone primarily?
    Portrait mode on iPad feels so awkward for some reason. Maybe I am just too used to it.

• As it is now, when you 180 the screen so the lightning port is on top the UI remains upside down. It can’t be charged and played at the same time, unless you were to combine it with handstand practice.

• @elf_audio hi . As there is no landscape mode can you update the app to rotate so can charge ipad with lightning input for charger at the top?

• Hi All!

Looking into upside-down portrait mode - Landscape mode is on the list but a bit tricky, as it means redoing some layout stuff, but I will get onto it soon seeming as it sounds pretty essential to a lot of people.

In other news, just made a short resampling tutorial: enjoy!