Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 Released

Comments

• Fresh install or restarting the device sometimes helps but I haven’t had problems with Gadget so far, don’t have many of the IAP myself

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@AtticusL said:
    Cheers! Electribe Wave is in my Gadgets ok but... no sound! Whenever I try to install Module from the gadget list Gadget crashes.

Thanks for the help.

I assume you’ve tried the “Restore Purchased Gadgets” button in Gadget?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Don’t have Module here, Electribe wave is working fine both standalone and inside Gadget.

I haven’t installed the new update for Electribe Wave, just updated Gadget for the ‘minor improvements’

These must be well hidden, haven’t noticed anything different yet.

I noticed that now when you name a track, the word “track” is removed. Previously it was e.g. “Track 1 / Bass”, now it’s just “1 / Bass” which leaves more room for the track name.

Thanks Korg :smile:

• @AtticusL said:
    Anyone having any problems with Gadget not seeing Electribe Wave or Module etc on their phone since iOS 13? I’m on an 8+ and have tried everything I know. Gadget never asked me if I wanted to install the Wave plugins etc and I can’t get it to do so. 😂

@AtticusL said:
    Cheers! Electribe Wave is in my Gadgets ok but... no sound! Whenever I try to install Module from the gadget list Gadget crashes.

Thanks for the help.

I recommend contacting Korg support via their official web page.

• @wim said:

@AtticusL said:

Thanks for the help.

I assume you’ve tried the “Restore Purchased Gadgets” button in Gadget?

Yeah. I’ll have to ask Korg. Wonder if it’s an A11 thing. Thanks for the help.

• So I only noticed this recently and saw some chatting about it, the Module gadgets not showing up in Gadget definitely still not working, right? I tried rebooting device and uninstalling / reinstalling Module, no dice. Just curious if we’re waiting on some kind of update/patch.

All other apps/gadgets seem ok.

• @icsleepers said:
    So I only noticed this recently and saw some chatting about it, the Module gadgets not showing up in Gadget definitely still not working, right? I tried rebooting device and uninstalling / reinstalling Module, no dice. Just curious if we’re waiting on some kind of update/patch.

All other apps/gadgets seem ok.

Did you try un-installing Module from the Settings -> Gadget settings and then re-installing it?
    (That's the way to do it in case it becomes wonky).

• edited September 2019

Gonna try now, will report back, cause I’d really like these working lol...

Edit: Just noticed 13.1 is also available, I hadn’t installed it. Just for posterity, I’m removing module this way first and reinstall + test, then if no good will update + test and if no good still will delete after update and reinstall + test.

• I did all the tests and no dice on any front. The last thing I have to try is delete ALL KORG apps, reboot the iPad again and then just reinstall fresh on latest iOS version. Can’t until later though, will give it a spin and report back though. Kind of a bummer cause I was looking forward to testing a few things out since I’ve been gone without physical hardware for two weeks

• All my module IAPs are still installed for me, working fine on latest OS

• @icsleepers said:
    I did all the tests and no dice on any front. The last thing I have to try is delete ALL KORG apps, reboot the iPad again and then just reinstall fresh on latest iOS version. Can’t until later though, will give it a spin and report back though. Kind of a bummer cause I was looking forward to testing a few things out since I’ve been gone without physical hardware for two weeks

I’ve had to do that before where I have to uninstall anything Korg related and then redownload everything. They seem to keep all data on the device in one location that gets created when you download one of the apps

• @icsleepers said:
    I did all the tests and no dice on any front. The last thing I have to try is delete ALL KORG apps, reboot the iPad again and then just reinstall fresh on latest iOS version. Can’t until later though, will give it a spin and report back though. Kind of a bummer cause I was looking forward to testing a few things out since I’ve been gone without physical hardware for two weeks

If you haven't already, contact Korg.

• @icsleepers said:

Edit: Just noticed 13.1 is also available, I hadn’t installed it. Just for posterity, I’m removing module this way first and reinstall + test, then if no good will update + test and if no good still will delete after update and reinstall + test.

I’m on the latest OS and all of my other Kong synths EXCEPT Module installed just fine. When I hit the install button in Gadget, it opens Module and the totally crashes. I tried to uninstall Module and re-install with no luck. I really don’t want to remove ALL of my Korg apps and try again.😒

• edited September 2019

@thatguysmitty said:

@icsleepers said:

I’m on the latest OS and all of my other Kong synths EXCEPT Module installed just fine. When I hit the install button in Gadget, it opens Module and the totally crashes. I tried to uninstall Module and re-install with no luck. I really don’t want to remove ALL of my Korg apps and try again.😒

Same with me. I’ve removed them all and reinstalled and blah blah. No difference.

But hey! @Samu ’s tip about using the settings/gadget2/utility/remove options got my Electribe Wave working in Gadget. Thank you Samu!

• Yup so, I actually needed two OS updates (13.1 and 13.2 or 1.1, 1.2 whatever) and nothing matters. I tried reinstalling everything after each OS update, doesn’t matter. Will just contact KORG. All of them except Module work, just like you guys say it opens and then just crashes out immediately (when trying to install the gadget versions). Thanks all for at least validating I’m not losing my mind :smile:

• Cool they got back to me already and they are aware + working on a fix. Hopefully sooner than later

• @icsleepers said:
    Cool they got back to me already and they are aware + working on a fix. Hopefully sooner than later

That’s good to know! Thanks

• @icsleepers said:
    Cool they got back to me already and they are aware + working on a fix. Hopefully sooner than later

Excellent.

• @icsleepers said:

New version of Module in the AppStore. Sez it fixes the Gadget problem.

• @wim said:

@icsleepers said:

New version of Module in the AppStore. Sez it fixes the Gadget problem.

It has for me. Well played Korg.

• edited October 2019

@wim Good looking! Just updated this morning and I’m in the same boat :)

Edit: The same fixed boat, to clarify. Thanks KORG!

• Yay! Got module back in my Gadget!!!

• Can anyone tell me how many instances of Darwin (iM1) you can run in Gadget?

• @Hypervox said:
    Can anyone tell me how many instances of Darwin (iM1) you can run in Gadget?

Most gadgets (The ARP synth being sn exception) are quite efficient so you can run quite a number of them. How many depends on your device. The faster the better.

• @rs2000 said:

@Hypervox said:

Most gadgets (The ARP synth being sn exception) are quite efficient so you can run quite a number of them. How many depends on your device. The faster the better.

So there's no upper limit? I only ask because I know that iM1 can only have 8 parts active in multi mode - can Gadget run more instances of Darwin than that? if it can, I may purchase it...

• @Hypervox said:

@rs2000 said:

@Hypervox said:

So there's no upper limit? I only ask because I know that iM1 can only have 8 parts active in multi mode - can Gadget run more instances of Darwin than that? if it can, I may purchase it...

I only got iWavestation but I can load and play 16 instances in Gadget on an iPad 2018 easily.

• @Hypervox said:

@rs2000 said:

@Hypervox said:

yep, you can run more than that in Gadget. iM1 follows the original M1's specs mostly on that regard, which could only have 8 parts in a Combi (with Multi in iM1 being a variant Combi). Gadget doesn't use iM1's Combi system at all, jsut separate instances of a single Prog, and you can use as many of them as your iPad can handle.

I tried stress testing my 2018 iPad once seeing how much I could send from Xequence out to Gadget and iM1 together. i only had 16 Darwin's running in Gadget (one for each MIDI channel), but I was able to run them all before i caused it to crash

• Thanks everyone - just what I needed!

• This makes me wonder a bit what Korg is up to?
    Maybe they are busy porting the Triton to iOS giving Gadget an overhaul?

And If I could make a wish AUv3'fying the Instruments and Effects...
    (The Gadget effects are essentially the same as on the NTS-1 so it would same me some dough).