Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Damage Enso

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I mean, seriously. How can something this deep be $5.99 after making the dev jump through hoops to get here.

You know I really wasn't going to, but now you mention it's a bargain (and to show solidarity with the Judean People's Front and all they went through to ge the thing approved etc)....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I mean, seriously. How can something this deep be $5.99 after making the dev jump through hoops to get here.

You know I really wasn't going to, but now you mention it's a bargain (and to show solidarity with the Judean People's Front and all they went through to ge the thing approved etc)....

This is one of those things that some kid is gonna take and be the next Sigur Ros or something. Some apps are hammers and some are paint brushes. This is a hammer brush. Hats off to AD on this one. Totally unique and an instrument in its own right.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Chris Randall is the freaking man that's why!!
    60$ for pc / Mac is killer too!!
    He went thru a lot of rotten apples to get this to us and I'd pay more just cuz of that and more for the app lol, crazy dope

• edited March 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:

$8.50 in Canada... I don’t mean to be a cheap bastid ($68 bucks left on the account I am hoping gets me to Drambo and ProQ3, maybe even NS2 audio tracks) but really hoping to at least be able to automate that trigger button in BM3,..

Anyone?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

• About 10% cpu per instance hosted in AB3 on my iPad Air 1 @128 samples buffer.
    Unfortunately, The UI and loop graphics are sluggish/not very smooth.
    Maybe the older hardware doesn’t handle the graphics very well?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    This is one of those things that some kid is gonna take and be the next Sigur Ros or something. Some apps are hammers and some are paint brushes. This is a hammer brush. Hats off to AD on this one. Totally unique and an instrument in its own right.

If this quote doesn't make into his marketing materials/tweet storm etc then tricks are being missed.

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

$8.50 in Canada... I don’t mean to be a cheap bastid ($68 bucks left on the account I am hoping gets me to Drambo and ProQ3, maybe even NS2 audio tracks) but really hoping to at least be able to automate that trigger button in BM3,..

Anyone?

I'm sorry I can't respond with helpful information. I don't have BM3 or use itBut I have noticed your requests, so keep fighting the good fight.

• Holy crap this is a game changer. This enables me to do what I was hoping Photon would enable me to do, plus more.

IOS is finally a mature music making environment with multiple quality paths one could take to making music and playing it live. Gone are the days where I would spend hours trying to get apps to both work together and sound good with each other. What a great, exciting, and satisfying time to be alive.

• @oat_phipps said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Anyone?

I'm sorry I can't respond with helpful information. I don't have BM3 or use itBut I have noticed your requests, so keep fighting the good fight.

The struggle is real.

• @AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Anyone?

The struggle is real.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

You mean the People’s Front of Judea , right?

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Spotify publicly calls out Apple's business practices around the App Store. If Spotify can't do anything right according to Apple, what hope does "the little guy" have?

https://timetoplayfair.com/

If there was an equal alternative to iOS for mobile music, I'd look to switch.

My fingers are still crossed that Enso can cross the (moving) finish line sooner rather than later. Good luck, AD!

Yea, but Spotify sucks ass at app design & UI/UX, so may not want to use them as hill to die on.

• it’s excellent on cpu i haven’t noticed anything. it has run super smooth the whole time > @Jumpercollins said:

@eross said:

@d4d0ug said:
    Finally! I’ve been lucky enough to play with the beta. Seriously in love with this app.

same here, been in beta for a while. it’s really cool. i’m glad everybody else can finally enjoy this app too. i think i figure out something new to do with it everyday. glad it finally got approved for him.

What’s it like on CPU inside AUM ?

• @wim said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

You mean the People’s Front of Judea , right?

Also

• Can it provide an AU host as an IAP?

• Holy fuckgiggles this thing is amazing...

• i cant get it to work in AUM,can anyone help please?

• @AudioGus it looks like these are some of the automation options when adding Enso as an audio FX to a bank.

• @stevebeast said:
    i cant get it to work in AUM,can anyone help please?

Did you put it in the effects slot?

• edited March 2019

@audiblevideo said:

@stevebeast said:

And hit play on the AUM transport.

• @gusgranite said:

@audiblevideo said:

@stevebeast said:

And hit play on the AUM transport.

oop,oh yeah,its too early haha thanks

• @mojozart said:
    Can it provide an AU host as an IAP?

No. It’s an AU, and AUs can’t host other apps.

• Wow. This is my life now...Enso creations 🌀
    Was so worth the wait and hype, I've been refreshing the app store for days hahaha
    loving it! Only just getting started

• Bought it. Got no idea what I’m gonna do with it but can’t resist hype and an intro discount!

I own and use all of the AD apps.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Holy fuckgiggles this thing is amazing...

Came to say roughly this same thing in roughly that order. I’ve set the feedback to 50% and gone through Aparillos presets and just let the loopy waves rattle and massage my brain as they fade into the ether. This may be the hands down best all around deal of any music app ever. That is not hyperbole, this should be a +$20 app. At $5.99, I feel like I did a smash and grab at the App Store. This was worth the wait AND matches the hype! With Brambo on the way, auv3 updates all over the place, we are in for a truly great 2019! Errrrbody, post your loop sessions here! I just gotta hear more!

• @Zjenji said:

@d4d0ug said:
    The Review Board denied my claim until I offered up a sacrificial animal

They said it has to be a pony or higher. Wtf?!

Mosquitoes (the most dangerous animals in the world other than humans) would dispute this outrageous claim.

Unless you're ranking based on fat content. Apple will hear about this!

• Ok, so far the only thing I’d buy @Chris_Randall a beer to add is to have rhythm-based increment/decrement options for rec/playback speed in addition to pitch based ones... Yea, I could do the math, but I’m lazy. 😀

What I mean is, since we know host tempo and loop length we should be able to say, “increase record speed by x bpm for every + press”

And not sure if it’s a bug, but the quantize option doesn’t seem to work for overdub. Seems to overdub as soon as you press overdub or trigger... seems like the trigger for overdub should also quantize...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Ok, so far the only thing I’d buy @Chris_Randall a beer to add is to have rhythm-based increment/decrement options for rec/playback speed in addition to pitch based ones... Yea, I could do the math, but I’m lazy. 😀

What I mean is, since we know host tempo and loop length we should be able to say, “increase record speed by x bpm for every + press”

And not sure if it’s a bug, but the quantize option doesn’t seem to work for overdub. Seems to overdub as soon as you press overdub or trigger... seems like the trigger for overdub should also quantize...

Yes I've noticed that in the video. Time divisions would be most welcome. Sync button that turns values on the plus/minus buttons to common divisions would do it.

• Thanks.
    Yeah this thing is brilliant, well done Audio Damage :)

@InfoCheck said:

@Carnbot said:
    How does it handle the files, are they available in the Files app?

You can save the buffer in the Files app as a wav file. The presets are available inside Enso and you can choose to save the buffer as part of the preset or not.