Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Damage Enso

Comments

• @d4d0ug said:

@kobamoto said:
    are there currently any IOS loopers that are AU host?

I think Quantiloop and Group the Loop can host AU effects, oh man just got me wondering if there’s a use case to host a looper in a looper 😄

Looperception

• Yeah, I believe their original policy was for apps to have standalone versions as well as the AU versions but they relaxed it, but maybe now they are deciding to change it back....hope not as it's a pain for developers.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah, I believe their original policy was for apps to have standalone versions as well as the AU versions but they relaxed it, but maybe now they are deciding to change it back....hope not as it's a pain for developers.

What gives you that idea?

Interesting one to say as well.

• I've learned through both my day job and iOS musicking that software development is a humbling experience. No matter how great you think your Product is, there's something about to go wrong somewhere.

• How manu AU are there and It’s apple’s plugin standard. We’re talking audio damage here. They have released plenty of AU before. I would maybe understand a first time dev but no. Anyway apple should be renamed Banana instead.

• Very antisipated app...that for me, changes my work flow considersbly...just hard to belive their arent other forces at work...but what do i know???

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah, I believe their original policy was for apps to have standalone versions as well as the AU versions but they relaxed it, but maybe now they are deciding to change it back....hope not as it's a pain for developers.

What gives you that idea?

Interesting one to say as well.

I just remember somewhere reading this was Apple's policy and it was discussed when the first AUs came out. Can't recall where. Maybe it wasn't true. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad policy as a lot of VSTs have standalone versions and it makes sense on mobile devices..especially on mobile phones etc. It could be them trying to keep confusion amongst buying public down and also keep the market/devices less fragmented with what runs on what. Just might put off some developers from releasing, which isn't what we want :)

Just speculation though as we all know how big companies like to be secretive!

• If there’s no app by April 3, l’m getting the vst, then wait for Propellerhead to patch the buffer issue with 10.3. Or... I’ve been obsessed with this obsolescence
    Anyone still use one of these?

• Hey, for those of you waiting on Enso... and have the RE-1 tape looper... while you’re waiting, you can do a lot of what Enso does by loading up multiple instances and overdub to all of them... set the loops at different lengths. Some set to reverse overdub, etc.

I’m getting Enso too, but in the meantime and a little creativity, and RE-1s time stretching, you can get pretty close.

• @skiphunt said:
    Hey, for those of you waiting on Enso... and have the RE-1 tape looper... while you’re waiting, you can do a lot of what Enso does by loading up multiple instances and overdub to all of them... set the loops at different lengths. Some set to reverse overdub, etc.

I’m getting Enso too, but in the meantime and a little creativity, and RE-1s time stretching, you can get pretty close.

Damn.
    Cool.
    :)

• edited March 2019

@CracklePot said:

@skiphunt said:
    Hey, for those of you waiting on Enso... and have the RE-1 tape looper... while you’re waiting, you can do a lot of what Enso does by loading up multiple instances and overdub to all of them... set the loops at different lengths. Some set to reverse overdub, etc.

Damn.
    Cool.
    :)

Add a little on the RE-1 instances feedback dials (go easy) and mess with the 2nd & 3rd tape head sliders... and you can get some nice gradual degradation and evolving composition similar to the Basinski disintegration loops. :)

• @d4d0ug said:

@kobamoto said:
    are there currently any IOS loopers that are AU host?

I think Quantiloop and Group the Loop can host AU effects, oh man just got me wondering if there’s a use case to host a looper in a looper 😄

most definitely especially if the dev would implement clock divide for each looper.

• I hope we get to see the response from Apple.

• @robosardine said:
    I hope we get to see the response from Apple.

Yeah, that’s going to be interesting. Do they admit that they don’t know what they’re doing? Or, do they try and blag their way out of it and pretend it’s because of some new procedure that they just made up?

• @Beathoven said:

@robosardine said:

Yeah, that’s going to be interesting. Do they admit that they don’t know what they’re doing? Or, do they try and blag their way out of it and pretend it’s because of some new procedure that they just made up?

It'll be like any other complaint process, they'll eventually release it without any response or explanation.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@robosardine said:

It'll be like any other complaint process, they'll eventually release it without any response or explanation.

Haha so true, unfortunate but true

• @MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@robosardine said:

Which will prove their ineptitude anyway.

• Them..
    Communication, feedback with Apple is imposible, absurd ...
    Have a Good Day people

• edited March 2019

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@robosardine said:

I doubt they care, it'll get forgotten like all the other millions of complaints and they'll carry on as normal. It's how things work these days. At best you'll get an automated apology, a 'forwarded to our team', or a 'lessons learned' platitude.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@robosardine said:

I doubt they care, it'll get forgotten like all the other millions of complaints and they'll carry on as normal. It's how things work these days. At best you'll get an automated apology, a 'forwarded to our team', or a 'lessons learned' platitude.

They should care.

For want of a nail the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe the horse was lost. For want of a horse the rider was lost. For want of a rider the message was lost. For want of a message the battle was lost. For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.

• edited March 2019

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@robosardine said:

They should care.

For want of a nail the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe the horse was lost. For want of a horse the rider was lost. For want of a rider the message was lost. For want of a message the battle was lost. For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.

That’s enough brandy for you, Senator. Off to bed!
    ;)

• edited March 2019

@paradiddle said:
    How manu AU are there and It’s apple’s plugin standard. We’re talking audio damage here. They have released plenty of AU before. I would maybe understand a first time dev but no. Anyway apple should be renamed Banana instead.

It seems to me that everytime anyone submits a new app, a completely new person is assigned to the review process. I've now released two AUs as well and every time, the reviewer was not aware of how an AU is used, and I had to guide them through the review process, essentially communicating with a black box.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@robosardine said:

They should care.

;)

I know that you know senator is an anagram of treason....

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I've learned through both my day job and iOS musicking that software development is a humbling experience. No matter how great you think your Product is, there's something about to go wrong somewhere.

Marriage.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@robosardine said:

They should care.

;)

I know that you know senator is an anagram of treason....

Ah, our magnificent bastard tongue.

• Chris offered the Apple employee to buy him a pony if this thing gets in the store finally... according to Twitter ;)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I've learned through both my day job and iOS musicking that software development is a humbling experience. No matter how great you think your Product is, there's something about to go wrong somewhere.

Marriage.

And that.

• @SevenSystems said:

@paradiddle said:
    How manu AU are there and It’s apple’s plugin standard. We’re talking audio damage here. They have released plenty of AU before. I would maybe understand a first time dev but no. Anyway apple should be renamed Banana instead.

It seems to me that everytime anyone submits a new app, a completely new person is assigned to the review process. I've now released two AUs as well and every time, the reviewer was not aware of how an AU is used, and I had to guide them through the review process, essentially communicating with a black box.

Thats why its best to just resubmit - it eventually goes to someone that knows!
    Initial launches are always harder than updates...

This is what I sent with my AUv3 midi effect app - and it worked!
    This app contains both a standalone part (the manual) and an app extension (AUv3 midi app type aumi)
    Runup an AU host (like AUM, Audiobus, GarageBand etc) to open the AU.__

• @david_2017 said:
    Chris offered the Apple employee to buy him a pony if this thing gets in the store finally... according to Twitter ;)

Don’t forget to include #auv3gate in your tweets about the topic.

• He should just buy the apple enployee a plate of snails.