Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Vanilla 2.8 (report problems here)

Comments

• Choice is good, thanks @Michael. Does it mean the public release candidate is ready? ;)

• @supadom said:
    Choice is good, thanks @Michael. Does it mean the public release candidate is ready? ;)

Dunno - you tell me ;-)

• @Michael
    It’s not as pretty as the old version, but light mode is now at least legible without any eyestrain. Thanks for listening.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    @Michael
    It’s not as pretty as the old version, but light mode is now at least legible without any eyestrain. Thanks for listening.

I've got some more tweaks to make, but got a little boy here who's apparently not sleeping any time soon, so it'll have to wait...

• edited February 2019

@Michael said:

@supadom said:
    Choice is good, thanks @Michael. Does it mean the public release candidate is ready? ;)

Dunno - you tell me ;-)

Just sent you a log

• edited February 2019

Maybe It's just about getting used to it but my first impression is not that good :/
    I really liked the old one

• @Michael said:
    Uh oh!

Sorry I was meaning to send it yesterday but wasn’t quite sure what I did exactly to make it go. But Audiobus remained open, just empty!

• edited February 2019

• edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • For those of you who know stylesheets (CSS) and/or JavaScript, you can always use (desktop) browser plugins like Stylish, Greasemonkey, UserScripts etc, to tweak any web site, including this one, to be perfect for you. Change font sizes. Tweak colours etc. I had a script that worked on the old version of the site, to highlight threads that were brandnew (for me), threads I had bookmarked, threads that I had participated in and which had new messages, and finally, threads that were read. Obviously it was based on the code that Vanilla Forums spit out originally, so it was more of a highlight view where I can see from a distance, or when scrolling fast, what is new/old etc.

I shall now get on to create one for the new version of this site. :)

• @Michael Can’t comment on some threads at present keep getting this message !

JSON could not be converted into quill operations

• Green/black-grey will match better the audiobus color scheme as trademark... just sayin... :rolleyes:

• edited February 2019

Don't know what happened, but dark mode is white on white now 🤔

Edit: It looks fine now 😊

• @White said:
    Don't know what happened, but dark mode is white on white now 🤔

Yeah, my bad, I've been tweaking and messed up the js. Fixed now, just hit reload.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Michael Can’t comment on some threads at present keep getting this message !

Which ones?

• The forum doesn't operate fully on my ipad2 9.3. Header doesn't pull down for messages, notifications when logo icon is tapped. Anyone else with this problem?

• The screen went grey. Much prefer black text on white background. Sorry, @Michael, hard to please everyone!

• @LinearLineman said:
    The screen went grey. Much prefer black text on white background. Sorry, @Michael, hard to please everyone!

I prefer that too, but trying to find a compromise that ruffles the least feathers...

• edited February 2019

Preferred the old version personally. For me there's not enough contrast in the light version - light green text on grey is not good for accessibility - needs more contrast (see screengrab). The font is also quite light, a heavier typrface would probably work better - e.g. the old standards such as Arial. Lots of padding between posts too, which means more scrolling.

• edited February 2019

I like this new theme/forum :)

Only real issue for me is not enough threads displayed at the same time on iPhone:

Also, if I use smileys, I can’t close their pop up

And I can’t leave blank lines between screenshots and my comments.

• Imo the old skin looked a lot better. Dark mode does make this a bit better than light mode. But this is no where as clear as before. There is no separation between topics, just text without anything in between and the green doesent look very good to my eyes. Its a nice shade of green and looks good with dark grey, but just doesent somehow fit the whole scheme and isnt very clear to read. Also quote seems buggy and mobile doesent behave properly. Also font on mobile is too big

• When viewing on an iPad, it is now necessary to tap one’s avatar in order to see the bar that shows if you have any Notifications. Would it be possible to eliminate this extra step so that the bar is always displayed? The cost/benefit of the repeated extra step + the possibility of not seeing that you have a notification vs the 1/4 in of screen real estate gained, would seem to favor the permanent display of the bar as the more ergonomic option.

A small but useful thing, if possible, and not too much trouble, when you have time... Thanks!

• @AudioGus said:
    So long old friend. I'll never refresh this tab.

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/285/15BKOHKZEE9I.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one with loads of drafts :) think I've solved all the world's problems in mine, but the world's not ready just yet....

• @Michael said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @Michael Can’t comment on some threads at present keep getting this message !

Which ones?

@Michael “Photon AU is available” thread mainly I start typing and after a few words I get the above pop up in red bold writing!

• @Jocphone said:
    I can't read anything in dark mode (other sites as well, not just yours) but would you consider toning down the white background of light mode a fraction? The plain white is a bit brutal for early morning.

Yeah, my vote for dark mode is purely based on the extreme whiteness of the 'other side of the coin'.

If this were mellowed down a bit, my vote would be on the light side.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Green/black-grey will match better the audiobus color scheme as trademark... just sayin... :rolleyes:

It's amazing hit reload the page and see my comment take effect.

Let's try again...
    It will be amazing Loopy Masterpiece becoming a reality (and Universal as loopyHD)... just sayin... :tongue:

• Oh man this is much more enjoyable!!! Good work

• I’m on the iPhone right now, the light theme looks quite good now!
    Thanks a lot for the adjustments @Michael !👍

Need to see the iPad version soon...