Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to update BlueBoard firmware on Windows

2»

Comments

• @JoshY said:
    I don't know if there are still some people here looking for solutions about blueboard update issues.
    Basically I don't recommend updating its firmware because blueboard is incredibly unstable concerning its firmware update.
    But in case someone still needs help with bricked blueboard, I'd like to share how I fixed my BB.

First of all, this is for older models having a USB port to get updated.
    If this is your case, please note that the Updater app on apple store has nothing to do with these older models (, which I think Ik multimedia should've mentioned about it).

I wanted to give my BB a BLE mode feature, so tried to update it on Windows 10 using a USB cable. To run the updater, I had to move the updater folder into Program Files(x86) as the first threader mentioned above.
    Anyways, the result was "failed" at some % and my BB got bricked as everyone who visits this thread can guess. :'(
    My BB was stuck on blinking "D"

I tried almost every solution suggested on their website but nothing worked and also couldn't get any satisfactory answer from IK Multimedia......

If it sounds familiar so far with your problem regarding BB, here below is how I finally fixed it.

1) Run the firmware updater you downloaded on your PC and then connect your BB to your PC.
    The updater won't work properly if it has started AFTER you plugged in your BB.
    2) Just in case, I copied the files in BB to my Desktop.
    I realized my BB was at least still recognized as an External Drive on my PC though it's bricked (If it keeps on ejecting and remounting on your PC, you may want to try with a different cable). So in case that things got worse, I made copies of the files in BB and pasted them on my Desktop.
    3) I deleted some files in BB.
    If your case is similar to mine, it would mean the firmware in your BB has already been ruined. It will also not allow you to overwrite it with a new firmware because BB has a very tiny size of disk.
    I found 3 files in my BB as an External Drive: a BIN file (actual firmware), a CFG file, and a Text file.
    And I deleted its BIN and CFG files in the BB.
    Please note that once you removed those files, you shouldn't unplug and replug your BB because that remounting action automatically restores the removed BIN file in your BB, which makes you have to start over the process above.
    4) Proceed to update
    I hit the update button, and it finally... Ta-dah!
    I saw the "complete" sign first in my long long struggles with BB.

Hope it helps someone who is upset with BB's poor update system and their manufacture's customer service just as I was with.

Btw, one can update the firmware via iOS -- there is ancient text on the iK web site that says otherwise. But for my blueboard that their iOS updater app worked great.

• edited March 2021

@espiegel123 said:

Btw, one can update the firmware via iOS -- there is ancient text on the iK web site that says otherwise. But for my blueboard that their iOS updater app worked great.

Yeah.. true.. But I assume you have a non-micro usb port model which allow one to update via IOS while older models having usb port are not recognized on the IOS app. My suggestion was for old model users as I mentioned in the beginning.
    If yours was an old one having a usb port and the app worked for you, glad you had no issue in that way of updating.
    Unfortunately, I had no luck with that app in my old BB having a usb port. :(

• @JoshY said:

@espiegel123 said:

Yeah.. true.. But I assume you have a non-micro usb port model which allow one to update via IOS while older models having usb port are not recognized on the IOS app. My suggestion was for old model users as I mentioned in the beginning.
    If yours was an old one having a usb port and the app worked for you, glad you had no issue in that way of updating.
    Unfortunately, I had no luck with that app in my old BB having a usb port. :(

Yes. Mine is one of the newer ones. Confusingly there is a place on the iK site that says that it doesn’t need any updates...but mine did.

• @JoshY said:
    I don't know if there are still some people here looking for solutions about blueboard update issues.
    Basically I don't recommend updating its firmware because blueboard is incredibly unstable concerning its firmware update.
    But in case someone still needs help with bricked blueboard, I'd like to share how I fixed my BB.

If this is your case, please note that the Updater app on apple store has nothing to do with these older models (, which I think Ik multimedia should've mentioned about it on App store).

I wanted to give my BB a BLE mode feature, so tried to update it on Windows 10 using a USB cable. To run the updater, I had to move the updater folder into Program Files(x86) as the first threader mentioned above.
    Anyways, the result was "failed" at some % and my BB got bricked as everyone who visits this thread can guess. :'(

I tried almost every solution suggested on their website but nothing worked and also couldn't get any satisfactory answer from IK Multimedia......

If it sounds familiar so far with your problem regarding BB, here below is how I finally fixed it.

1) Run the firmware updater you downloaded on your PC and then connect your BB to your PC.
    I realized my BB was at least still recognized as an External Drive on my PC though it's bricked (If it keeps on ejecting and remounting on your PC, you may want to try with a different cable). So in case that things got worse, I made copies of the files in BB and pasted them on my Desktop.
    If your case is similar to mine, it would mean the firmware in your BB has already been ruined. It will also not allow you to overwrite it with a new firmware because BB has a very tiny size of disk.
    I found 3 files in my BB as an External Drive: a BIN file (actual firmware), a CFG file, and a Text file.
    Please note that once you removed those files, you shouldn't unplug and replug your BB because that remounting action automatically restores the removed BIN file in your BB, which makes you have to start over the process above.
    4) Proceed to update

Hope it helps someone who is upset about BB's poor update system and their manufacture's customer service just as I was with.

This worked, thanks!!

• Thanks @JoshY, I’d almost given up on unbricking my Blueboard until I came across this post. It took a few attempts but eventually the update completed!

@JoshY said:

If this is your case, please note that the Updater app on apple store has nothing to do with these older models (, which I think Ik multimedia should've mentioned about it on App store).

4) Proceed to update

Hope it helps someone who is upset about BB's poor update system and their manufacture's customer service just as I was with.

• @espiegel123 - That didn't work for me, and IK Multimedia gave up on trying to resolve the issue and are now ignoring me. I believe that having my Blueboard bricked as a result of their upgrade process should be compensated for, but as I mentioned they are ignoring me. It is an older unit, but it was working before I tried the upgrade. I don't even expect full cost as compensation. As I stated in my last email, they have lost a customer and I will let others know what I went through, hence my post.

• edited November 2021

@funjunkie27 said:
    @espiegel123 - That didn't work for me, and IK Multimedia gave up on trying to resolve the issue and are now ignoring me. I believe that having my Blueboard bricked as a result of their upgrade process should be compensated for, but as I mentioned they are ignoring me. It is an older unit, but it was working before I tried the upgrade. I don't even expect full cost as compensation. As I stated in my last email, they have lost a customer and I will let others know what I went through, hence my post.

They offered me a 25% coupon on their website for the BlueBoard but it was less expensive to buy it somewhere else. They sucks 100% on this issue.

• @Janosax said:

They offered me a 25% coupon on their website for the BlueBoard but it was less expensive to buy it somewhere else. They sucks 100% on this issue.

What did you end up buying?

• @Janosax - never mind....I re-read your post and it sounds like you bought another Blueboard, but not on their site. I am looking for alternatives though. I think Positive Grid has something along that line and Keith McMillen. Does anyone have an opinion about those or any others?

• @JoshY said:

4) Proceed to update

Awesome, that worked great for me!

• edited April 2022

@JoshY said:

4) Proceed to update

Holy cow you are a genius! I registered just to reply that this eventually worked for me. After a few hours of messing around with a bricked blueboard, I closed the Explorer window that the firmware updater app opened, then re-opened Explorer, went to the D drive that my blueboard was being mounted as, deleted the BIN and CFG files, closed the Explorer window, and pressed Search then Update in the firmware updater and it completed! Thanks for your guidance!

P.S. I also had to move the updater’s executable file to Program Files(x86) folder, change its properties to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode for all users, disable the Windows Search service, and reboot.